Chapter 18

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 year ago

In the peaceful night, a man in black attire and a cap was walking alone with his head down and a bag on her right hand. There were no many people on the road for it was already past midnight.

As the man was walking, he saw police officers not far from where he was standing and abruptly stopped. He became a bit panicked and had no idea what to do. Truth to be told, he got easily bothered with police around as if he was the most wanted man. Without thinking twice, he saw Ferrari car neared. He walked slowly to the car trying not to look too suspicious. He opened the car door, fortunately the door was unlocked, and threw the bag inside the car and decided to come back for it when the officers were gone. Then he walked away like nothing happened.

The police officers once glanced at the man who was keeping himself busy with his phone and they continued to drink their coffee.

 

“Arra, aish you are like my mom. I’m not a little girl anymore. I’ve grown-up” A brunette girl was arguing on the phone and walked back to her car with cup of ice-americano on her hand.  

“I’m onmyway home already. Yah Mina, can you stop nagging me? My ears have enough of you. Arra, I’ll hang up, see you at home”

After put her phone inside her coat pocket, she opened her car door and got in. Hyejeong started the engine and drove back home. After took the ‘grown-up’ girl 15 minutes of driving, she finally arrived at her friend’s apartment. As she was about to get out the car, she saw a bag on the passenger seat.

“What is this?”

The goddess was a bit hesitated to open it. In her mind, she had a thought of what if the bag contained dead body like in the movies and she was being accused for murder of what so.

She took a deep breath and moved her hand to pull the zip off. She was shaking and beads of sweat glistened on her forehead.

*knock*knock*

The girl jumped as she was startled by the sudden knocked. She rubbed her chest to calm her fast beat heart. She looked at the window and revealed her friend, Mina as the culprit.

“What are you doing inside there?”

Hyejeong came out from her car and threatened to hit Mina. “You scared the hell out of me!”

“What’s with you?”

“There is a bag in my car. I wanted to see what inside but-“

“Did you rob it from someone? Yah Hyejeong, I know you’re desperate after leaving your mansion but don’t have to do this, I can give you money if- Ahhh!”

Before Mina could finish her words, Hyejeong hit her on her head. “I’m not saying I rob it. It is in my car and I don’t know how this happen”

Mina looked inside the car while rubbing her head and took the bag. “Waah, it’s heavy. Lets look what inside”

Hyejeong immediately touched Mina’s hand to stop her “Ani, what if there is dead body inside?”

“Bwoya? You are exaggerating”

“I’m not!” Hyejeong retorted. “Let just throw this away”

“Waeee? Check it first then we can-“

“No! Let’s go” Hyejeong grabbed Mina collar and dragged her.

 

 

 

 

It had been 1 week since Hyejeong received the weird message from stranger. She hadn’t told Seolhyun, to avoid her from getting worried, but Mina. The time when Hyejeong showed the message to Mina, she felt a little amount of weight on her shoulder had been lifted. Now she had someone to talk to about the issue.

“Anyway, Hyeri is still in jail right?” Hyejeong asked Mina who was shoving chip inside .

Mina left hanging as she stared at clueless Hyejeong.

“What?”

“You don’t know?”

“Know what? Yah tell me, what?” Hyejeong demanded.

Mina sighed before rested her back on the chair. “She is free already. And there is saying a lawyer took care of it”

“What?” Hyejeong was surprised. “Why that’s no one told me about this?”

“I thought you already know”

Hyejeong’s mouth slightly opened as she inhaled. She was contemplating for a while meanwhile Mina studied her expression, expression that read as she suspected Hyeri to send the message. Hyejeong was hoping Hyeri would stay in there for she was a murderer, but just knowing she was released there were chances that the message could be from her.

“I know what you’re thinking. You suspect it is her, right?”

Hyejeong nodded slowly. “Mina, let’s investigate”

“What? Investigate? Yah, you’re not detective or what” Mina scoffed.

“That’s why I need your cousin, what her name again?”

“Eunji?” Mina questioned rather than answering.

“Yeah, we can ask for her help right?”

Mina scratched her head as she was taking Hyejeong’s idea a thought. Considering what happened before made Mina didn’t want to obey anymore on what Hyejeong asked, but she knew the message meant something; Seoljeong’s relationship was in danger. She looked at her bestfriend who gave her puppy eyes and at last she sighed in defeat. “Arraseo”

“Yey, thank you babe!” Hyejeong said excitedly.

 

 

After school, the two besties got home to Shin’s mansion. Seolhyun needed to go home straight as she wanted to help her parents did some errands. Hyejeong and Mina were sitting on the couch in the living room when they saw Sojin and the twins climbed down the stairs. They were getting ready in nice and casual outfit.

“Where are you going, unnie?” Hyejeong greeted first.

“We are going to just take a walk at the park, well to release some stress” Sojin answered.

“Stress?” Hyejeong raised her brows.

Sojin nodded and turned her head to Mina “Oh Mina is here”

“Annyeong unnie, hey twins” Mina bowed.

“Annyeong Mina noona~” Twins said in unison.

“May I know what you guys do together? I meant it rarely see Mina coming here”

“Oh we are currently discuss about something”

Sojin frowned “Something?”

“Yeah, we received a weird stuff. Since Hyeri is free already so we are being cautious about that” Hyejeong answered with bothered expression on her face.

“Oh” Sojin suddenly felt nervous and Hyejeong noticed it.

“Are you okay unnie?”

“I’m okay, why not am?” Sojin smiled “So we are going now, before its late” With that she and the twins went out after the twins waved goodbyes to Hyejeong and Mina.

Meanwhile the behavior Sojin had shown didn’t go unnoticed by Mina. She frowned as her eyes followed Sojin who once glared at her which caused Mina dumbfounded. “Why did she glare? Did I do something wrong to her?”

“Kwon Mina!”

Mina jumped because of the sudden outburst from the other girl.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing”

Hyejeong exhaled slowly “So when is your cousin coming?”

Mina glanced at her wristwatch “About 20 minutes from now. She said she needs to handle something first before coming here” and she looked around the mansion “So what we are going to do to pass the time?”

Hyejeong just shrugged as her eyes glued on her phone, probably messaging her fiancée.

“Tell me about Sojin unnie”

Hyejeong finally paid her attention on Mina “What do you want to know about her?”

“Anything you know”

“Okay, she is a widow with twins. She is taking care of her children alone for about 3 and a half year already and she is tough. Her husband, oh ex-husband I mean, married to a rich and pretty woman, well that was what she told me”

Before Hyejeong could finish her sentence Mina cut her off “Who’s the ex-husband?”

Hyejeong shrugged “I never meet him yet, but he is a lawyer”

Mina frowned.

Hyejeong who didn’t hear any words from her friend lifted her head only to see Mina with her frown face “What?”

“What is what?”

“Why are you suddenly interested in Sojin unnie’s story?”

“N-Nothing, I just want to know her better since we first met we never really introduced ourselves properly”

Hyejeong raised her brow as if she didn’t want to believe what Mina told her but shrugged it off and focused back on her phone.

“A lawyer?” Mina mentally repeated the words on her head.

About exact 20 minutes later, Eunji stepped in the mansion who being escorted by the butler to the living room.

“I’ll take it from here, thanks” Hyejeong said and the butler bowed before went out.

“Hi, Eunji, nice to meet you again” They did a handshake before sat on the couch again.

“Nice to meet you too, Hyejeong-shii. Glad to hear that you’re alive” Eunji winked.

“Oh please drop the formalities, just Hyejeong”

Eunji nodded shyly then turned her gaze to her cousin infront of her who raised her brow and gave her are-you-serious expression.

“I call you here for work, no flirt please” Mina warned.

Eunji raised her hands in defeat “Okay, I’m sorry”

“Okay shall we start?” Hyejeong talked to avoid further argument between the two girls.

Eunji brought out some files from her bag and placed it on the table. Hyejeong looked at the file, it was the file that Eunji gave to her before she met Hyeri the other day. The file that completed with Hyeri’s past record.

“So what you need?” Eunji’s expression suddenly turned to serious and Hyejeong amused. She was indeed professional.

“You know Hyeri is already being released, right?”

“That’s right. It is a bit strange during her trial“

“What? What happened?” Hyejeong asked in her demanding voice. During Hyeri trial, Hyejeong had refused to come with a reason she didn’t want to see Hyeri’s face.

Eunji looked at Hyejeong’s eyes “it was saying that, she was in her drunken state when she told you she killed Ailee”

“WHAT?!! H-How could it happen? But she really killed Ailee, you have the proof right?”

“Yes, but not 100% proof, it is still 60% I guess. Not much long until we get her, once we find something strong to relate her, then we can report it” Eunji explained.

Hyejeong ran her fingers on her hair in frustration. “But no, she wasn’t drunk that night. I-I know it well”

“But that was what it saying on the court. Her attorney himself proved it to the judges”

“This is serious, she is dangerous” Hyejeong mumbled meanwhile Mina just kept silent, well her mind was thinking of on certain woman.

“But even tho, she is still under police surveillance. Besides, we are still keep our eyes on her, so far she is doing nothing harm”

Hyejeong sighed “This is unfair, how could they let go a dangerous and killer like her”

“I know, Hyeri said those words when she was in drunken state, so whatever that came out from her words, might or might not true. But her case is not drop yet, police is still investigate it”

Hyejeong was keeping shut for pretty couple of minutes as she closed her eyes with her fingers massaged her temples. Eunji knew by the movement Hyejeong made there must be something.

“Now tell me, what is bothering you? Maybe I can help” Eunji asked as she eyed the girl.

“I got a weird message from stranger”

Eunji knitted her brows “What message?”

Hyejeong fished her phone from her pocket and showed the message to Eunji. Eunji read the message and sometimes her brow would knit in confused.

“Is that threatening message? Well, it looks like one”

“I don’t know, I’m confused right now. Seolhyun is again in danger” Hyejeong exhaled heavily.

“Wait, what is Sojin unnie’s last name?” Mina asked out of nowhere, she didn’t pay attention at the other two girls’ argument earlier.

“Park. Why do you ask?”

“Park?” She mumbled silently.

Hyejeong furrowed her eyebrows, Mina was indeed weird “Yah, what’s wrong with you? What’s with sudden question?”

“Nothing, just continue your talk”

Hyejeong as well as Eunji just shook their heads.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter