Chapter 16

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was wondering, why didn’t you go back as soon as you woke up?” Mina asked who sat opposite Hyejeong. They were in Shin mansion’s dining hall.

Hyejeong sighed “I did babe, I did want to go back after I woke up, but I was weak at that time. When I got up and tried to go to Seolhyun, suddenly I collapsed. Even the first name I called when I woke up was Seolhyun. Sojin-unnie asked me to stay until I was fully regained my energy, plus, they have no transportation to go to Seoul. After 2 days, she just told me she could borrow her neighbor’s truck. I missed the chance of meeting my love first” She explained.

Mina just stared at her bestfriend who seemed to hurt and sad as well.

“I was thinking what was happened at that night. I broke my promises to her. I promised I would stay by her side forever and never ever harmed myself but I broke it. That’s why I wasn’t ready yet to face-to-face with her. I couldn’t see her hurt because of me. But, yeah now I guess I’m ready since I get courage from mom, dad, Sojin-unnie and you. Yesterday, I was about to see from a far how she was doing but..” She paused and frowned.

“Speaking of the night, what happened to Hyeri?”

“Don’t worry about her, she is under arrested already”

“I’m not worry about her, I’m worry about Seolhyun” Hyejeong lowered her head.

Mina hesitated to speak but she had to in order to tell Hyejeong what she felt in the situation “You know if you worry you could just meet her already. She is more suffer if you hide and don’t show up like this”

“Then what? You want me to go to her house now, standing infront of her door and as soon as the door opens I will say “Seol, it’s me Hyejeong. I’m alive” like that? You know it is not my style, Mina. Plus she’ll freak out. I’m thinking if she hates me or not, because I told her to hate me if I ever broke the promise”

Mina was shut up for a moment after that. “So what you are gonna do? Just stay here doing nothing? She doesn’t hate you Hyejeong. She doesn’t and she won’t ever hate you. Because of what? Because she loves you, only you and you know that well”

Hyejeong sighed heavily and leaned her back on the chair. “I know but everyone’s heart can changed”

“So you are saying she is just the same with other women out there? You told me she’s different”

“I’m not saying she’s the same but…I hurt her so much and I hurt people who love me. That’s why I’m trying my best to smile and laugh infront of my parents because I want them to be happy again after I come back. Even though inside me, I’m worried dead about her”

Mina suddenly felt guilty. She knew what her bestfriend felt. It was hurting Hyejeong too to see her parents hurting because of her.

“Anyway, I asked my mom to check on Seolhyun last night”

“And?”

Hyejeong smiled “She starts to eat her meals. Mrs. Kim said she doesn’t come to school because there is where our story began and there is where our memories left”

“So what’s your plan?”

Hyejeong came closer to Mina “I want this to be other memories that she can cherish later. I want her to remember my comeback even until she dies. But I can’t do this alone. I need support from her parents, my parents, you and people around me”

“Yuna and I are willing to help. But I haven’t told her about you. She is going to freak out as soon as she sees you” Mina chuckled.

“Don’t worry, she won’t. We will start doing it now because I want it to happen tonight”

“Are you sure you are ready to meet her?” Mina frowned.

Hyejeong let out a sigh before nodded. “I didn’t sleep all night thinking of this. Even though she hates me, but I want her to know that I’m still alive and want her back”

“Yeah, that’s spirit!” Mina exclaimed and fisted on the air.

“Okay, let’s go”

“YAH!” Hyejeong dragged Mina by her collar causing her to stumble almost fell from her chair. They went out from the mansion to start their mission.

 

_________________________________________

 

Later at night – at Seolhyun’s house

Seolhyun was going down the stairs. She was wearing her coat and her Nike snicker, ready to go out. Her parents who were in the living room surprised to see Seolhyun who seemed regained herself back.

“Honey, where are you going?”

Seolhyun smiled “I will go out for a while umma. Mina said she wants to me”

Mrs. Kim smiled sadly. She was glad her daughter had finally back. She got up from her seat and approached Seolhyun. She was crying in happiness.

Seolhyun felt guilty and immediately rubbed her umma’s back “Why are you crying umma?”

“I’m happy because my daughter is finally back”

“I’m sorry umma, I become a bad daughter for you and appa for past few days”

Mrs. Kim shook her head “No honey, you are not. I understand your condition. It is not easy to accept the fact”

“Your umma is right Seolhyun. Appa is happy too when you get your smile back, it doesn’t matter when you were bad but what important is now” Mr. Kim said who already stood beside his wife and daughter.

Seolhyun brought them to do group hug. “Thank you umma and appa, I love you both”

She broke the hug and rubbed her tears “Okay, I have to go now. Mina is waiting for me”

“Do you want me to drive you there?”

“Ani, gweanchana appa. I can just walk”

Mrs. Kim nodded “Take care honey”

“I will umma, don’t worry” After that, she went out the house and walked to the park to meet Mina.

“Do you think she will get shock if she meets her later?”

“Ofcourse she will but Seolhyun is a strong girl. She can go through this”

“But what if she faints?”

Mr. Kim sighed “I believes, Hyejeong has thousands of plans if this one don’t work out”

 

_________________________________________

 

Mina was sitting on the bench at the park while talking with someone using earpiece. As she said earlier, Yuna was readlly freaking out once she met Hyejeong. Yuna had almost fainted but Mina managed to catch her and shook her body.

“I laughed hard at her reaction, seriously” Mina laughed.

“You’re mean Mina” The person on the other line laughed along with her.

“Ani, she is just so-“

“Hi Mina, sorry I’m late” Seolhyun who just came, heard half Of Mina conversation with the person on the other line.

Mina immediately stood up and greeted her upon hearing the voice “It’s okay Seol, have a seat”

“Who are you talking to?”

She slightly nervous but trying to put a smile “Ah it’s nothing. Just a friend of mine”

Seolhyun just nodded her head. Without wasting a time, she immediately asked Mina “Why do want to meet me?”

“I just want to. I miss to hang out with you. Before when Hyejeong was still with us, we always hung out together, no matter at school or outside. But at school, where there was Hyejeong, there must be me near her”

Seolhyun chuckled “Yeah, I know how strong your friendship is. I think everyone know you guys cannot be separate”

Mina hummed in agreement.

“Talking about Hyejeong, if she loves someone, she really loves that person. She is this kind of girl who really stubborn, possessive and put the person first before herself. I have known her since we were kids, so it is not a usual thing anymore she always harm herself for someone she loves. She is willing to let herself suffer and receive all the hatred and critics, as long as her love one is safe. That’s how deep Hyejeong’s love is for you”

Seolhyun smiled sweetly. That was the best smile that she could have after 1 week. Reminiscing the old moment with Hyejeong could give a chill in her body.

“But I wonder why she made promises when, yeah you know, she is like that” She looked at Mina who seemed lost in words.

Mina didn’t know what to answer because she was afraid if she spoke the wrong fact when the other person on the other was listening.

“Aah, because she knew she is capable to protect you. She knew she will stay with you forever”

“Look now, she is not even here. Is that you called she knew she would be here with me?”

The person on the other line was taken aback with Seolhyun’s words. Mina could hear a gasp from the person.

“Do you hate Hyejeong?” Mina asked a question that the person had waiting for.

Seolhyun looked right at Mina’s eyes. Her eyes were already glistened with tears but she tried her best not to cry, not for tonight and not infront of Mina.

“No. Even she asked me to hate her when she broke the promises but I don’t hate her. My love for her become bigger and bigger as day passed”

Mina grinned “You hear that?”

“Huh? Hear what?”

“Oh no, I mean you hear the sound just now? Oh it’s already gone”

Meanwhile the person flashed a huge smile upon hearing the statement.

“You know I hate you right, Mina?” Seolhyun asked out of nowhere while her eyes avoiding Mina’s.

Mina gulped. She didn’t know how to reply and waited impatiently for Seolhyun’s next words.

“I hate you for not telling me first on what Hyejeong wanted to do at that night. But it’s okay, past is past. I don’t want to blame anyone because this is not anyone, neither Hyejeong nor you fault” Seolhyun smiled and Mina let a sigh in relieve.

“Okay, what you want to say to Hyejeong. Let’s say she is standing infront of you right now”

Seolhyun sighed heavily. She chuckled as silence took place. She lifted her head and looked at particular nothing but she was imagining Hyejeong was infront of her

“I love you” It was almost a silent mutter but enough for Mina and the other person to hear it.

“Only that?”

Seolhyun hummed. “I don’t have to explain what it meant, she knows” She said as if she had really saw Hyejeong was smiling on her. The smile that she fond of.

“Okay” The only that managed to escape from Mina’s mouth as she listened to the person on the other talked.

“I could feel the different when she said ‘I love you’ for the first time than this one. It is really different. I could feel she really mean it”

Mina heard few sobs coming from Hyejeong on the other line. Mina smiled as she heard how sincerely Seolhyun was when she said the three words. She also could feel, it wasn’t just words but it was more than that.

Suddenly voice from Hyejeong on the earpiece startled her, asking her to go now because it was time.

“Oh Seolhyun, do want some drink?”

“Sure”

“Okay, I’ll buy some for her”

“I’ll come with you” Seolhyun was about to get up but Mina held her shoulder.

“You can wait here. I’ll be quick, okay?” Without waiting for Seolhyun’s reply, she rushed to where Hyejeong was.

Seolhyun was confused but she shrugged it off, assuming Mina did that as she felt guilty.

It was 5 minutes passed but Mina had not shown yet. Seolhyun looked around as she rubbed her arms feeling the cold breeze of the night. She suddenly remembered the night when she took a walk with Hyejeong and when she lent her jacket for her so that she could feel warm. She smiled just reminiscing the moments.

Suddenly she felt a small hand holding hers. She was a bit surprised and when she looked up there was a boy who was pouting toward her.

“Annyeong. What are you doing?” She asked with her soft voice trying hard not to sound cruel on the little boy.

“I’m searching for umma” The little boy suddenly burst into tears.

“Shhh..” She wiped the boy tears and soothed him “Where is your umma?”

The little boy shook his head “I don’t know. I think I lost” The boy rubbed the tears on his cheeks “Noona, can you help me find umma?”

“Erm, Noona is waiting for a friend but…” She once again looked around in case she spotted Mina “It’s okay, Noona can help you first. Where did you last meet your umma?”

The little boy pointed at somewhere and Seolhyun immediately got up from her seat and followed him.  

Along their walk, they had a mini conversation.

“What is your name?” Seolhyun asked as she was holding the boy’s hand.

“Lee Seoeon imnida” Seoeon answered.

“How old are you?”

“4” He lifted her four fingers and showed it to her. Seolhyun could only nod before asked another question.

“What are you doing here?”

“Umma, Seojunie and I were just taking a walk here”

“Seojun?”

“He is my tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter