Chapter 10

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I re-edit this chapter :)

 

 

The cheeky girl just came in to her room with a glass of mango juice on her hand. She looked through the other room where Seolhyun stayed but no figure found. Hyejeong just shrugged it off, she thought Seolhyun had already going home. But to her dismay, Seolhyun was sat on her bed with flaming red face. She finally saw Seolhyun and awkwardly waved her hand with innocent smile plastered on her face.

“Hi”

Seolhyun got up. “What were you doing?!”

Hyejeong stepped aback for a bit due to her loud voice. She walked to her nightstand and put the glass down. “What? What was I doing?”

Seolhyun gasped. She couldn’t believe this girl. How could she become so innocent after what she did. Now she really wanted to punch Hyejeong’s beautiful face but she knew she wasn’t capable to do that, Hyejeong would loss her pretty fair skin. But came to positive side, Seolhyun wouldn’t have any competitor to get the girl’s attention. Maybe she could have Hyejeong by herself?

“Why did you do that?!”

“Do what??”

“Stop act like an innocent person, could you?!”

“I am innocent” Hyejeong then smirked.

Seolhyun knew that smirk, she just wanted to . How she could have fiancée like Hyejeong.

“Look what you did to my face!!” Seolhyun growled as she pointed her face.

Hyejeong laughed loudly while putting her hand on her stomach. “Yes I can see that. But how could you be so sure it was me? I didn’t do anything”

Seolhyun had reached her limit, she picked a pillow and threw it to Hyejeong who was still laughing her heart out.

“Who’s else here dared to do this to me other than you?! You used permanent marker pen to draw pororo on my face! I couldn’t wash it nor erase!”

“You were too cute when you were sleeping. I couldn’t help it to draw on that cute face” Hyejeong said with pretty smile on her lips.

Seolhyun turned to mute hearing Hyejeong’s statement. Did she hear it right? Hyejeong was just complimenting her, and she sounded sincerely. Now her heart started to beat in unstable speed. But Hyejeong acted like her statement was nothing for her as she walked to pick her juice and laid on her bed.

“Oh yeah, please turn off the light before you get out. I want to sleep. Thank you”

“What?”

“What’s what?”

“You are not going to send me home?”

“And why would I do that?” Hyejeong raised her brows.

Seolhyun was surprised. Great! Hyejeong just asked her to stay in her freaking huge room to finish the work but it wasn’t done yet as she felt asleep because of tired and now she asked her to get home by herself walking, alone at night?! Seriously?! What a gentlewoman you had Seolhyun.

“Fine”

She grabbed her bag and walked out, not forgot to turn off the light like what Hyejeong told her. She climbed down the stairs and saw no one in the living room. Well, Shin house was huge and it called as mansion, but no fun at all. This place could already occupied by kids’ presence. Seolhyun was walking around when a young maid spoke to her

“Do you need anything Miss?”

Seolhyun smiled and shook her head. This maid was surely pretty “Nothing much, I’m going home now”

The maid nodded then said “You know Miss, Miss Shin is a kind person. She might look like cold and cheeky but she is indeed humble, generous and lovely person” then she walked away leaving Seolhyun hanging with her words. Seolhyun continued walked to the front door. She was still thinking with what the maid said.

‘Is Hyejeong really like what the maid said? Well, she isn’t look like ones. Or is she just pretend to act annoying? She do look nice though. But why?’ Seolhyun mentally asked herself.  

Her thought was disturbed when she felt weight bumped into her, she was stumbling and nearly hit her face on the floor. “Yah!”

She looked up and saw Hyejeong with her red jacket that covered her perfect curve.

“What are doing here? Aren’t you supposed to sleep?” she asked sarcastically.

Hyejeong sighed as she unlocked her car “I might be mean, but I’m not cruel to leave my fiancée going home alone, especially in late night.  Come on, hop up. I will send you home”

Seolhyun crossed her arms “And what’s the occasion?”

Hyejeong looked at her. “Nothing. Just want to stand for our status now. I don’t want your parents to have bad impression on me because I am a good person and they should notice that”

“Good your face” Seolhyum mocking her silently but

“I heard that and yeah sure you meant to me to hear it. So let’s go, before I change my mind” Then she got in on her car and Seolhyun followed seconds after.

There was pretty silent on the car, the atmosphere was awkward and nor of them wanted to speak. Only music invaded the situation.

“Why do like to study?” Hyejeong asked to break the silent.

“What a brilliant question” Seolhyun rolled her eyes.

“I know you’re not nerd or such what I called you bookworm but they must be a reason why you study so hard. I mean you’re genius already, you can easily pass the exam so I think you shouldn’t have to pressure yourself facing books 24/7”

Seolhyun sighed, she knew where this conversation would go to and she also needed someone to talk. “I am not like you. Your parents are rich, you can easily ask them what you want and you could go to any university you want because you have money. But me, after my dad lost his job because accusation that his friend made, we lost everything, well not like everything, we still have each other. I knew my dad never did what his friend had accused him. My dad used to have a pretty high salary until he able to buy quite big house and we lived there with happily but after that incident, they took our house away. My dad was suffered, their friend and the neighbors started to talk bad about him. And what made me sad, he had to borrow some money from other people for us to live” Seolhyun’s eyes began to watery and she looked at Hyejeong “That’s why I want to study hard and help my parents. And my dream to be a lawyer so I can help my dad to clear his name”

Hyejeong was suddenly felt guilty. She didn’t think any other thing as she wanted to comfort this girl beside her. They were in red light so she held Seolhyun hand to sooth her. “It’s okay Seol, I want to ask more but seem you are not ready to tell me. But you have me remember? We have each other, and help each other. Your dad might lost his job but he has more valued thing in this world and it is you, his daughter. Mr and Mrs Kim are lucky to have daughter like you” and she offered delicate pretty smile”

Seolhyun looked straight at the girl’s eyes. She sure never saw this side of Hyejeong, she had never showed it before but this night, she suddenly turned into completely different person. What the maid said was true. Hyejeong was really humble and lovely person, and one thing Seolhyun could figure out by herself was caring. And the way Hyejeong called her ‘Seol’ was really sent chill to her body.

The traffic light turned to green and Hyejeong stepped on the pedal to continue their journey. Soon they were at the park.

“Why are we here?” Seolhyun asked looking at Hyejeong who unfastened her seatbelt.

“You may want some relaxation. Come take a walk”

They came out from the car and began to walk side by side. Seolhyun hugged her body feeling the cold breeze of the night. Hyejeong noticed that so took off her jacket and put it on Seolhyun shoulder. She was surprised with the sudden action.

“I’m okay, you don’t ha-“

“It’s okay. You might catch the cold. My sweater is quite thick so I’m fine. Beside you are still in your uniform”

“Thank you” Seolhyun mumbled silently but Hyejeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter