Chapter 15

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the worst week for Seolhyun. It had been 1 week her love of life missing and she couldn't take it anymore because she didn’t know Hyejeong’s condition. Was she still alive? Was she dead? She cried every day, every night and every time until there was no more tears. Her eyes were swollen and red, her body was weak and she looked skinny as she lost her appetite. She didn’t come to school causing her to miss many lessons and her grades went down.

Seolhyun was sitting outside the house that became her usual spot to clear her mind. She said the world was too harsh on her and didn’t want her anymore. It was still not enough when God let her suffer when he took everything away that they had until her family had to start from bottom again. Now, he took Hyejeong away from her, well that was what she thought. She was the most important person in her life beside her parents. The girl that she trusted very much, that she cared very much, that she love so much and took her years to finally got to be together but with just blink of eyes she was gone. It was hard for her to adapt the fact that Hyejeong was no longer with her.

Her thought was being interrupted when she felt a hand rubbed her back and it was her mom’s.

“Come, dinner is ready”

Seolhyun shook her head and forced a smile “I’m not hungry umma”

Mrs. Kim sighed “You haven’t eaten since last night. Come on baby, I don’t want to get sick. And umma believes Hyejeong don’t want it too”

“Why does God hate us umma? Why he took Hyejeong away from me? Why not me?!” Seolhyun said as tears threatened to fall.

“Shhhh. Why are you saying that? Look at umma” She cupped Seolhyun’s cheeks “everything happens must have its own reasons. God does not hate us honey, you still have me and appa who love you no matter what. What umma heard, Hyejeong did this to protect you from Hyeri right? You should be proud on what she did”

“But she left me umma, she promised she will stay by my side forever but did she mean ‘never’? I miss her umma, I don’t know, does she even miss me? Does she even…” Seolhyun couldn’t continue her words as her tears began to fall.

Mrs. Kim hugged her again “I know honey, I know. Just come eat first okay? Please do this for umma and appa. Be strong for Hyejeong because umma believes, Hyejeong is still alive out there. If not, she also doesn’t want you to be like this. Okay?”

Seolhyun nodded her head and walked inside to have her dinner. It was the nth times her umma assured her that everything was going to be fine as long as she believed in miracle that would bring Hyejeong back to her. It had hurt her parents too seeing her like this; she seemed lost her self-confidence, not a cheerful person anymore and what the most painful was when seeing her every night crying and calling for Hyejeong name. The parents just prayed miracle would come and save their precious daughter.

 

_____________________________________

 

It was 8am in the morning when Hyejeong, Sojin and the twins decided to go to Seoul. The cheeky twins jumped up and down happily when their umma told they were going. Seojun even kissed Hyejeong’s cheeks to show his gratitude and Hyejeong slightly blush by the contact. Not lied, Seojun was always acted shy, cute and sweet toward her. Sojin told her that this was the first time he behaved shy infront of someone and she could say he must like Hyejeong that much. On the other hand, Seoeon tried to block every act that his brother did to Hyejeong, maybe he was jealous. Nonetheless, she liked both of them and treated them equally as they were her own brothers.

Before they moved, Hyejeong helped the twins prepared their stuff. She helped the twins chose on what they wanted to bring.

“Seoeon Seojun-ah, do you want to stay with noona at Seoul?”

Seojun who played with her toys immediately turned his head to her while Seoeon who busy picked up his cloth also gave his attention.

“Nae!” They shouted at the same time.

“Really? Then tell umma to stay with noona too”

Right at time Sojin came into the room with her bag. The twins ran to her and hugged her legs in which making her confused. And she knew the twins wanted something from her.

“Wae?”

“Noona invites us to stay with her for couple of days”

Sojin looked at Hyejeong who just gave her toothy smile. Then she looked at her sons who already pouted cutely. Sojin contemplated for a while

“Please~~” Seojun used her aegyo.

She sighed before finally gave her final decision. She knew she couldn’t win against her sons. Their cuteness was too cute to reject.

“Arrasseo we will stay” The twins already cheered “But, if you two naughty umma won’t promise to bring you again to Seoul, understand?”

“Nae umma” 

After packing they went to Seoul. Along their journey the twins sang random songs in which later Hyejeong followed sang with them, until they got tired and slept. Seoeon rested his head on Hyejeong’s chest as he sat on her lap. Meanwhile, Seojun leaned his head on Hyejeong’s arm.

Their journey was then silence until Sojin asked.

“What happened to your girlfriend?”

“Actually, we are engaged already”

Sojin nodded understandingly as her eyes glued on the road.

“You want me to tell from the start?” Hyejeong asked.

“Yeah, if you are ready to share”

“In childhood time, we used to hate each other. We were always met at the playground at our neighborhood. I had bullied her often, until we are in high school. But from day to day I bullied her, my feeling started to form. I wasn’t sure when it started but I could feel it. I was disappointed when my parents want to pair me with dad’s friend’s daughter. At that time, I thought my dream was crashed, but I met her at that night, we stared at each other even though what we felt we couldn’t believe it. Then, I assumed she still hated me, moreover she engaged with someone she hated. I didn’t know she likes me too until I found out by myself when I read her diary” Hyejeong smiled as she remembered contain of the diary. “And that’s where our own story began”

Sojin amazed by her story. “Wow, haters become lovers huh?” She teased.

“Then who’s Hyeri?”

Hyejeong’s expression suddenly serious “She is the girl who likes me, a lot. One day she confessed to me but I turned her down because I like someone else and I only considered her as friend. After that she became aggressive and planned to hurt Seolhyun after she knew about our relationship. She had badly past record. She killed someone who happened to be her crush too, but the girl rejected her”

“Omo, this is what young kids do, love can make them blind and become a bad person” Sojin shook her head. “Then how come you ended in the river?”

“She wanted to harm Seolhyun so I stopped her by meeting her that night. But she changed her plan once she knew I know about the murderer case. She wanted to stab me but I managed to avoid it but she pushed me instead” Hyejeong chuckled.

“Luckily you are still alive”

“Yeah, thanks to you and these cute boys who safe me”

They smiled at each other.

 

_____________________________________

 

“Hey” Yuna greeted Mina who was spacing out. They were at the garden behind the school building.

Yuna felt pity on her girlfriend. She wanted to help but she didn’t know what she could do, afraid that it was just going to add another problem. She felt a bit sad because after Hyejeong missing, they had seen each other less, less catching up and even every time she invited Mina to go on dated, she always giving an excuse she was tired. But she as a caring and understanding girlfriend she knew what Mina had been through. If this happened to her, she would probably react the same way as Mina.

“I was wondering if we can go on date tonight?” Yuna looked at her girlfriend in anticipation for her to say yes.

Mina gave her best smile to Yuna. She indeed knew that she had neglected her girlfriend since what happened and she felt bad about that. “Okay deal”

Yuna smiled and excitedly said “Great! Tonight 9am, I’ll come to your house”

Mina chuckled.

Yuna was about to go after pecking Mina’s cheeks but someone grabbed her wrist and it was not other than Mina’s.

“Can you stay for a while?”

Yuna was actually wanted to stay but she assumed Mina still needed some time alone. But hearing what her girlfriend said, she felt relieved. She nodded and sat back next to Mina.

They were in silence; only birds chirping could be heard.

“I’m sorry for ignoring you these past few days” Mina’s voice sounded weak. “I didn’t mean to do that. As you know, Hyejeong’s ‘death’ is still fresh in our mind. I’m still cannot accept the reality and I’m still not used without Hyejeong’s company. Sometimes, I feel like I want to give in but there is something that makes me to hold on it” Tears ran on her cheeks.

“It was my fault. Just if I stopped her when she insisted to meet Hyeri, this wouldn’t happen”

Yuna held her hand and squeezed it “Please don’t blame yourself, this is not your fault. Hyejeong made her choice. She sacrificed her life for someone she loves. Even though you stopped her she wouldn’t listen. You know how Hyejeong is, she would do anything to protect someone she loves. Remember what you told me what she did in her past? This is the second time she harmed herself for someone. So it is never your or anyone fault”

Mina rubbed her tears “Yeah, you are right. She’s never listen to me, she’s a stubborn girl” She chuckled bitterly “But is it too much, if I want her to be alive? I want her to come back to me, to her family and more important to Seolhyun. The girl is hurt so much”

“No, it is not too much, if you believe in miracle then it is possible for Hyejeong to come back and continue our life like before” Yuna gave reassuring smile to Mina.

Mina sighed in relieve “Thank you honey”

“No problem” Yuna replied and leaned her head on Mina’s shoulder. They stayed in that position until the school bell rang.

After lessons ended, Mina met Yuna outside the school gate.

“I’m sorry baby, mom asked me to accompany her to the mall so I can go home with you.” Yuna pouted and played with Mina fingers “But! Tonight is still on” 

“It’s okay honey, I can go home by myself. You take care okay?” Mina said as she ruffled Yuna hair.

“Okay, bye. I love you”

“I love you too”

She waited for Yuna to get in to her car first and bid their goodbye. After that,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter