Chapter 14

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*police siren*

Hyeri panicked hearing the sound. She wanted to run and escaped but too late as police had already surrounded the place. She knelt on her knees with her hands above her head and a smirk plastered on her lips.

Mina got out immediately from her car and went straight on Hyejeong’s car. She saw a recorder on the car and picked it up. She wandered around to look for her bestfriend but Hyejeong was nowhere to be found. She got panic and shouted Hyejeong name countless of times. Mina finally approached Hyeri and grabbed her collar to bring her up and pushed her on Hyejeong’s car’s hood.

“Where is Hyejeong?” Her voice was thick. But Hyeri was still wearing the smirk.

“Yah, I’m asking you, where is Hyejeong?!!” She shouted on the girl’s face.

Hyeri came closer to Mina’s face and whispered “Go to hell”

Mina’s eyes went wide and she lost her temper “!” She punched Hyeri hard on the face causing her to face sideway due to the punch. Some police had trying to stop her.

“I will not going to ask you again ! Where is Hyejeong?!!!!”

Hyeri laughed with her blooded mouth “She is visiting Ailee. I told her to send my re-“

“*punch*.. .. *punch*..you.. *punch*..Hyeri..” Just before Mina landed another punch, the police officer dragged her away from Hyeri. “You are evil! Bullsh*t!!!”

Meanwhile, Hyeri already fell on the ground and unconscious.

“Ms. Kwon, calm down. This problem won’t settle if you behave like this!” The Chief said.

“She killed my friend, Chief. She killed Hyejeong!!! She is killer!!!” She shouted while sobbing. Her face was red and she was breathing hard.

The Chief sighed “I know. We will call search and rescue team now to find Hyejeong. Hopefully the stream hasn’t brought her far away yet. And don’t worry, Hyeri is arrested” with that the Chief walked away to call for the team.

Mina fell on the ground and leaned her body on her car. She was crying and sobbing hard. “I told you Hyejeong, you are really stubborn. Hyeri is monster, why can’t you understand that”

 

Meanwhile at Seolhyun house

Seolhyun just finished her shower. She got changed into her pajama and immediately jumped on her bed. She grabbed her phone and saw she got 24 text messages and 3 miscalls. She opened the messages and chuckled, it was from Hyejeong saying ‘I love you’ 24 times.

“She is become cheezy again”

And she opened the 3 miscalls without replying the messages from Hyejeong. She was a bit surprised, it was miscall from Mina. She sat up and leaned her body on headboard. She pressed the call button on Mina contact number. After 3 beeps, Mina answered.

“Yo Mina, what’s up?”

“S-Seol-hyun” Mina’s voice cracked and she was sobbing hard.

“Mina, what’s wrong? Why there is noise there? Why are you crying?” Seolhyun panicked.

“Hye-Hyejeong”

“Wae? W-What happened to her?”

Just before she got answer from Mina, her parents barged in to her room.

“Seolhyun” Mrs. Kim was crying.

Seolhyun immediately hung up her call with Mina and approached her parents. “Wae umma? Why are you crying?”

“Hyejeong”

“What..What happened to her? Why you and Mina kept mentioned Hyejeong name?” Seolhyun became worried and nervous.

“We have to go now. Get ready, I’ll wait for you downstairs” Mr. Kim said before walked down.

“Go, get changed” Mrs. Kim pushed Seolhyun back to her room and she got changed.

When Kim family arrived at the scene, Seolhyun saw many police and rescue team there and Hyejeong parents too. Mrs. Shin was hugging her husband while crying hard. Seolhyun came out from the car and immediately approached Mina who was still sat on the ground.

“Mina, where’s Hyejeong? What are we doing here?”

Mina turned her head to Seolhyun. Her eyes were already swollen and red from crying.

“Mina, answer me!” Seolhyun shook her body “Where is Hyejeong?”

Mina tears fell more “Hyeri… She pushed Hyejeong into the river”

Seolhyun lost her balance. She sat on the ground and covered with her hand. Tears were already run on her cheeks.

“No way…”

She got up and went to edge of the cliff.

“Seolhyun!” Mina got up and ran to get her.

“Hyejeong! Hyejeong-ahhh!!!” Seolhyun cried hard while calling Hyejeong name.

Mina was hugging her tight preventing her from jumping into the river.

“Let me go Mina!! Hyejeong!!”

“She will be fine Seol, Hyejeong will be safe”

Seolhyun hit Mina arm that hugging her neck and crying hard. The parents saw the heartbroken Seolhyun who screamed for Hyejeong name many times. Mina couldn’t help to cry even more but at the same time trying to calm Seolhyun down.

After 15 minutes, Seolhyun was finally calm down a bit but tears kept falling. Mina still held her secure on her arms.

“Why? Why she do this to me? She had promised that she will never put herself in danger. Why?”

Mina sighed “She tried to protect you, she tried to protect someone she loves”

“But she made herself in danger, she made herself being killed” Seolhyun was sobbing.

“I know. I’m sorry Seol, I tried to stop her, I swear I tried. But she said she loves you so much that she cannot let Hyeri harm you again. I’m sorry”

They were silent for 5 minutes until Seolhyun spoke again.

“I hate you Shin Hyejeong, I hate you for doing this to me. You know I can’t live without you why you still want to do this!! I hate you!” She paused as she took deep breath “I know you are still alive, just please come back to me. I love you, I don’t hate you, I love you! Just come back to me, please”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 days later

“Seolhyun!!”

“Huh? Who’s Seolhyun, noona?” A boy around 4 years old asked.

“Who are you? And where am I?”

The boy stood up “My name is Lee Seojun and this is my brother, Lee Seoeon” He patted his brother’s head who sat next to him.

“We’re twins” Seoeon cut her brother’s words.

Seojun who felt annoyed rolled his eyes before said “You are in our house”

“Your house?”

Seojun nodded cutely.

“How…how come I’m here?”

“You don’t remember noona? We found you at the river. So umma, Seojun and I brought you here” Seoeon said as she her lollipop.

“Umma?”

“Oh you wake up already” A girl around 30 years old came to the room with a tray of food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter