Chapter 21

Hate you, Love you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's not in?"

 

"No, Miss"

 

"By any chance, do you know where she is?" 

 

"I'm sorry Miss Shin, but I have no idea. After she went out with you yesterday, she have never comeback. Do you need anything else Miss?"

 

"No. Thank you then"

 

It was early in the morning. Hyejeong got out from Eunji's workplace with dissapointment. She had asked Eunji's assistant and collagues but no clue about the girl's location. 

 

Hyejeong walked back to her car with heavy steps. She opened her car door but before she got in, she saw a couple on the other side of the road, walking hand-in-hand. Hyejeong conciously smiled seeing the scene, it was like reminiscing the moment when she was with her fiancee. 

 

She took out her phone and immediately dialed certain number. It took only 3 beeps for the person to answer.

 

"Hi, just awake?" Hyejeong greeted as she got in her car. 

 

"Ani, I woke up an hour ago" But the voice sounded she just woke up followed by yawn.

 

Hyejeong chuckled "Really? Sorry for waking you up. I know it's school break which this is what you are waiting for, so you can sleep all day"

 

"Nah, you aren't. Eventho I want to continue to my dreamland, but hearing your voice make me fully awake. So where are you dongdong?" Seolhyun cutely asked. 

 

"Infront of Eunji's office" Hyejeong let out a sigh.

 

"Is she there?"

 

"Nope, unfortunately"

 

"She's may be visiting someone or her relatives" Seolhyun tried to convince Hyejeong to not so worry. 

 

"Yeah, I hope so"

 

Silence engulfed the two until Hyejeong decided to break it. 

 

"Do you want to go out?"

 

Seolhyun smiled on the other line even though Hyejeong couldn't see it. "Are you asking me on date?"

 

"Sort of" She lightly chuckled.

 

"Yah, you didn't forget I'm still mad at you, right?"

 

Hyejeong sighed "I'm sorry"

 

"Stop apologizing, can you? You know you could tell me right about the texts? What happened with 'no secret between us' thingy?" It sounded she was scolding but no.

 

"I just don't want you to worry. I don't want you to get involved and want to protect you as much as I can"

 

"Yeah, but as your fiancee I have right to know. You really scared me you know that? You have to take care of yourself first. I can't imagine my life without you again" Seolhyun's voice became shaky as if she was about to cry. 

 

"Because you're my priority baby. I have to protect you that's how I will able to live when you are"

 

"We can protect each other from now on, alright?"

 

"Hm-mm" Hyejeong hummed in response "So going out?"

 

The girl on the other line giggled heavenly, that made inside Hyejeong swirled when she heard it "Okay. Pick me in 30 minutes"

 

"Okay." Hyejeong hung up with smiled creeped on her face. 

 

With the thought of meeting her fiancee, Hyejeong excitedly drove to Kim residence but before that stopping to flower shop to buy Seolhyun's favourite flower, red roses.

 

Right in 30 minutes later, Hyejeong knocked on the door. Mrs. Kim was the one who opened the door and intructed Hyejeong to get in. She sat in the living room waiting for her angel to get down.

 

"Wait a minute Hyejeong, typical Seolhyun is being late, again"

 

Hyejeong smiled sweetly "It's okay umma, I can wait"

 

Umma, yes, Hyejeong called Mrs. Kim umma because the mom insisted. Soon, Hyejeong was going to be her daughter-in-law, so she must got used to it. 

 

As Hyejeong was busy playing with her phone, she felt a pair of hands wrapped around her neck from the back and the scent was familiar. She turned her head only to be greeted by a beautiful and stunning face. Hyejeong gave Seolhyun a peck on lips before stood up.

 

Seolhyun saw the flower on Hyejeong's hand and asked "Is that for me?"

 

Hyejeong nodded and passed the bouquet of rose flower to her. Seolhyun brought the flower to her nose with her eyes closed. "Thank you, honey"

 

Hyejeong gave a sweet smile and nodded her head one time. She had to remember this moment. 

 

The moment when Seolhyun wrapped hands on her.

 

The moment Seolhyun smiled at her.

 

The moment Seolhyun wore her favourite perfume. 

 

The moment Seolhyun received the bouquet from her hand and smelled it.

 

And the moment the way their eyes met like they were the only matter to each other in this world.

 

"Umma, we are going!"

 

"Oh take care girls! Have fun!" Mrs. Kim shouted from the kitchen. 

 

 

 

"Where are we going?" Seolhyun asked as her eyes looked outside the window while her fingers caressed their intertwined hands.

 

"Where do you want to go?"

 

"Hmm" Seolhyun put her finger on her chin and Hyejeong found it super cute not to look at. "Anywhere you bring me, I'll always follow you"

 

Hyejeong let a good chuckle "Cheesy, huh?" 

 

"I got it from the goddess"

 

"Well, may I know who's the goddess?"

 

"Shin Hyejeong, do you know this girl?"

 

"Oh sound familiar to me. I bet she is pretty and lovely" Hyejeong winked to Seolhyun.

 

"Way too pretty. She is my life, my heart and my everything. You should envy her"

 

Then they both laughed. 

 

Few minutes later of driving, Hyejeong parked her car which made Seolhyun gave her questioning look. "Why are we stopping?"

 

"I want to buy something. You can wait for me right?"

 

Seolhyun was pouting but nodded her head. "Don't take too long"

 

"No worries, I won't" With that, Hyejeong got out from the car after gave kiss on her forehead.

 

Hyejeong was standing in line, waiting for her turn to be serve. After 2 people, finally her turn. A young guy had smile on his face greeted her and asking for her order. 

 

"Two mushroom burgers and two coke please" 

 

"Miss, can you wait for 10 minutes for the burgers? You may have a seat first" The guy said after he walked back from the kitchen.

 

"Okay" Hyejeong walked to one of the table near the window so she could look Seolhyun from there.

 

*phone rang*

 

"Wae?"

 

"Why are you sitting there? Are you planning to eat while let me wait for you until you finish it?" Hyejeong could tell Seolhyun was pouting.

 

She laughed over Seolhyun's questions. "Aigo, my baby. I'm waiting for our burgers. No worries I'm not going to let you see me eat but, I can try"

 

"Yah~~" 

 

Seolhyun's cute whine made Hyejeong laughed. She also need to remember this, the way Seolhyun whined. 

 

"For how long?"

 

"Hm, 10"

 

Seolhyun let out a sigh "Arra, talk to me while waiting"

 

"What do you want to talk about?" Hyejeong tapped her finger on the table. 

 

"Anything. I'm bored here so just talk to me"

 

"Hm" Hyejeong kept hummed meanwhile Seolhyun impatiently waiting for her to speak. 

 

"Ah! Do you remember when the first time we met at the park, you were acting shy toward me and always hid behind your mom's leg?" Hyejeong laughed loudly and faced at Seolhyun direction where she saw Seolhyun gave her a fist. 

 

"That was because you were scary to look at" 

 

"Were. Now you love me, so I'm not scary anymore" Hyejeong was still in her laugh mode. 

 

"Of course. You are different from back then"

 

"How am I different?"

 

"You could tell"

 

"Aish, tell me. I don't know" Hyejeong demanded.

 

"Hm" This time, Seolhyun was getting her revenge by humming and she knew well Hyejeong was waiting her impatiently. 

 

But before she could hear Seolhyun's answer, the guy approached her and gave her the food. She stood up while phone still attached to her ear. 

 

She heard noise through the phone, she stopped abruptly and turned to look at Seolhyun's direction. She saw a black van drove away and her car's passenger door wide opened. She rushed out and ran to her car, ignoring their food that she tossed away. Hyejeong looked inside her car but no Seolhyun. She became panicked. She was about to sprint to driver side when she stepped on something. It was Seolhyun's phone. She got in her car and drove to catch on the van.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter