Chapter 9

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I already edited the part where Yixing saves Dabin in chapter 7.. Go check.. 

 

 

Chapter 9

 


If you think things are going well after the confession, you're wrong. Dabin avoids herself from meeting Yixing. That morning, she woke up earlier and left for work early in the morning to avoid him as she knew he would send her to office. She doesn't know why but it's just awkward. He sends tons of messages and tries to call her but she doesn't even reply to any of them. He sends messages like :

 


• hey.. Why are you avoiding me ?


• is this because of my confession ? 


• Bin ah.. Answer me.. Let's meet at rooftop..


• Bin ah.. If you think confessing to me is a mistake, kwenchana.. But don't run away from me..

 


She sighs countless time after reading his message. It's not like she regrets but she's shy. 

 


"Otteoke.." Dabin muffles burying her face on her table earning weird looks from her colleagues. 

 

"Dabin ah ? Kwenchana ?" Arin asks taking her handbag. Arin together with Inho and Daehyun are getting ready to go home. 

 

"Aey.. Be patient.. It's normal if you need to work overtime.. Good luck Dabin ah.." Daehyun teases her making Dabin rolls her eyes. She doesn't mind working overtime at all as she can avoid meeting Yixing. 

 


"Kwenchana.. You guys go home now and sleep ne ?" Dabin says sarcastically with a smile making all of them laugh before going out of the room. She stares at the ceiling when she's alone in the room thinking that she can't forever avoid Yixing. Dabin heaves a sigh and takes her phone to text her mother about her working overtime. 

 


To: Eomma


Eomma.. I'll be working overtime tonight..

 

 


At home

 

Yixing goes to Dabin's house to talk to her. It can't be like this. He needs to make moves. If Dabin doesn't like him then they can just be friends. But what confusing him is, she confesses to him too. 

 

"Is she shy ?" Yixing muffles while scratching his not so itchy head. He smiles widely when seeing Mrs. Choi in front of her house. He can see she brings a quite big paper bag and it's already night. 

 


"Eomma ?" Yixing greets Mrs. Choi and the woman looks at him with a big smile. 

 

"Uh ? Yixing ah.."

 

"Where are you going ? It's very late now.." Yixing asks looking at the paper bag in her hand.

 


"Ani.. Dabin texts Eomma she's working overtime.. Eomma wants to send her this food.." Mrs. Oh tells him making Yixing thinks of something. 

 

"Eomma.. Let me send this to her.. Eomma go rest ne ?" 

 

"Aigoo.. Jinjja ?" Mrs. Oh asks. 

 

"Ne.. I want to meet her actually.." He exclaims and takes the paper bag from Mrs. Oh. He needs to meet her and seems like it's the chance. 

 

"Arasseo.. Thank you Xing ah.."

 


"Annyeonghaseyo.. I'm here to meet Choi Dabin.." Yixing greets the security guard and writes his name on a book. He goes inside the building after getting permission from the guard and heads straight to Dabin's office at 10th floor. 

 


"Whatever her answer is, just accept it Yixing ah! Fighting!" Yixing says to himself after he stops in front of Dabin's office's door. He knocks the door and opens it when hearing Dabin's voice. 

 


Dabin gasps when she looks up from her laptop to see who's knocking on the door. She gulps down her saliva and put the strand of her hair behind her ears feeling the situation is too awkward. 

 


"X-Xing ah.. W-What are you doing here ?" Dabin asks him as she stands up when Yixing makes his way to her desk. He places the paper bag and takes the boxes out of the bag to place it on top of the table. 

 


"It's from Eomma.. She said you need to work overtime.." Yixing tells her and takes one of the chairs to sit beside Dabin. Dabin awkwardly sits back on her seat freezing in his seat as she can't do her work. She used to avoid him but now she can't. 

 

"Bin ah.. Why are you avoiding me ? It's been four days.. You didn't reply to my calls and my messages.." Yixing starts the conversation making Dabin gulps down her saliva again. 

 

"Is it because of my confession ? If you don't like it kwenchana.. We can be friends.. Don't let this matter affect our friendship, Bin ah.." He talks again but Dabin only stares at her fingers on her lap. 

 

 

"I'm not avoiding you.. I'm busy.." She lies. 

 

 


"Don't lie.. Didn't you say YES that night ? You even said.. You love me too.. What's wrong with that, Bin ah ? We don't have enough courage to tell to each other about our feelings.. And now we've confessed to each other, why did you avoid me ? What have I done ?" 

 


Dabin lifts her head and sighs before she speaks. 

 


"You didn't do anything wrong, Xing.. It's just hnnbgggg.." Dabin can't finish her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter