Chapter 19

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

Dabin is too focused typing on her laptop for the draft script as she needs to send it by today. It is freaking 7 pm and she is still in her office trying very hard to clear all the pending jobs. She and her husband are going to be on annual leave starting from tomorrow and she wants to finish all her jobs so does her husband. Dabin looks at her phone from her laptop when it's ringing indicating a notification. 

 

From: My y Man

Are you done, baby ? Give me another half an hour to finish

checking the tender and another 10 minutes to fetch you.. 


She chuckles seeing how details he is. Dabin takes her phone and quickly replies back to her husband before she continues finishing her work. 

 

To: My y Man

okay, Bei.. take your time.. :* 

 


Meanwhile in Yixing's office, he is briefing Chanyeol about the tender since he and Jihyun are going to replace him for the meeting with their clients. He trusts Chanyeol and he makes sure that he takes notes on what he said to make sure they got the project. It is one of important projects and if they succeeded, they might be promoted. 

 

"Have you written all the notes ?" Yixing asks his friend while flipping on the next page of the file. He wants to make sure that their tender is perfect. 


"Yes boss.. Don't worry.. This is Park Chanyeol.. He is greater than Zhang Yixing.." Chanyeol jokes making Yixing lets out of chuckles. He rests his back on the chair before he speaks. 


"Do your best for this project.. I believe in you.." He reminds Chanyeol with a worried face. He freaking trusts him but he is a little bit hesitate. 


"Your face shows you aren't confident with me, Xing.." Chanyeol suddenly blurts out making Yixing heaves a sigh. They are always together wheneevr they need to submit a new tender to their clients but looks like Yixing is not confident with him. Is he that bad ?


"Bro! It is not that I am doubting you but I hope you would really do your best.. Okay ? Do not offend.. I want us to succeed.." He finally explains and shows him a warm smile not wanting Chanyeol thinks that he's doubting him for this upcoming  project. Chanyeol is his best partner when it comes to work and he knows he should trust him and his fiance. 


"Don't worry, bro.. You can count on me.. I have been by your side every time we went for meetings and I am sure I can handle this with Jihyun.. Just enjoy your honeymoon with Dabin.. " Chanyeol assures his friend and teases the man. 


"Oh yeah.. Make sure don't call me next week.." He tells him earning a teasing look from the giant boy. Chanyeol looks around to make sure it's only the two of them as he wants to talk. 


"Of course we can't disturb couples who are on honeymoon.." He teases Yixing with his flirty smiles. Yixing pretends like he doesn't hear to his friend and stands up to take another files next to him. 


"I bet you are going to say the same thing once you got married to Jihyun.." The married man muffles with a smirk but it's enough to be heard by the giant boy. 


"Yah!"

 

Dabin's phone is ringing while she's waiting for the draft script to be printed making her quickly runs to her table to answer the call. 


"Yes, Bei.. Are you done ?" Dabin greets her husband while walking back to the printer to take all the printed papers. 


"Yes, baby.. I am waiting in the car in front of the lobby.."


"Wait! Already, Bei ? I thought you're still in your office.." She asks with her furrowed forehead as she pushes her shoulder up so that it can hold her phone while she arranges all the paper to be stapled. 

 

"It is already 7.50, baby.. It's okay.. I will wait for you.. Take your time.. Love you.." 


"Okay.. Thank you, honey.. Love you too.. I will be fast.." She ends the call and brings the draft script to be placed on top of her senior's desk before she quickly packs her things not forgetting to shut down her lap top. She is so busy to the point that she does not realize it is almost 8 pm. 

 

Yixing gets out of the car the moment he sees his wife approaching him. A sweet smile welcomes him as soon as Dabin arrives with a tired face . Even though her face shows that she's tired, she still gives her husband a sweet smile. 


"I am sorry to keep you waiting.." She apologizes when her husband takes her laptop bag from her to put it at the backseat.


"It is okay, baby.. Let's go.." The husband assures his wife as he opens the door for her.  


Entering the car, the two share a kiss after wearing their seat-belts. It is not proper to just kiss each other in front of her office lobby. After they pull away from the kiss, Dabin once again leans closer to her husband and pecks on his cheek as she caresses her husband's cheek. 

 

"You look tired.." She comments making Yixing lets out a smile and takes his wife's hand on his cheek to be held. He is a little bit tired today since they have done a teleconference in the morning , visiting the shops in the afternoon, preparing the paperwork for next week's presentation and preparing a tender for their client that is going to be conducted by Chanyeol. 


"Let me drive and you rest.." Dabin says as she shakes their locked hands only to earn 'NO' as the answer. 


"It is okay.. I still can drive.." He tells her and brings his wife's hand closer to his lips and kisses it to ensure her he is fine. 


"Are you hungry ? Because I am.." Yixing asks looking at the side mirror before he changes the lane. He bites his lips when he feels a sharp pain on his tummy. It always happen whenever he does not follow the time to eat. 


"You did not eat, Honey ?" His wife asks looking at her husband from her phone. She really knows Yixing very well. He forgot to eat whenever he had a lot of works to be done or he would eat fast food to save the time. 


"I had.. We ordered McD just now.." 


"I am a bad wife.. I should have made you a lunch box.." Dabin muffles making Yixing to look at her. He changes the gear to 'N' when the traffic light is red and turns his body to look at Dabin. 


"Hey.. It is okay.. I ate a lot today.. Don't worry.." Yixing assures his wife and holds her hand with his both hands before he gives a peck on her cheek. Dabin only heaves a soft sigh as she quickly releases their locking hands and touches the back of her husband's neck. 

 

"It is stiff here, baby.. I will massage you later okay hmm ?" The wife suggests only to earn a smile from her husband as he pats her head before he drives when the traffic light turns green. 


"What do you want to eat, baby ?" Yixing once again asks his wife. Dabin bites her inner cheek like she is thinking about something which makes Yixing smiles widely. 


"I will eat what my dear husband wants to eat.." Dabin's answer manages to make her husband lets out of wide smiles. They are so in love. Oh right. Of course newlyweds always are in love. Just wait when they have married for years. Lol!


"Finish it, Bei.. I am full.." Dabin tells her husband as she pushes the bowl of ramen in front of her husband earning a look from him. He finishes chewing on his food and swallows it before he talks. 


"Why ? Not delicious ?" He asks as he wipes his mouth with a tissue. Dabin only shakes her head. She feels so tired and usually when she is tired she does not feel like eating. She just wants to wash up and to sleep. That is more important than eating. 


"Tired.. And full.." 


Upon hearing his wife's answer, Yixing stops feeding himself and puts down his chopstick looking at Dabin. He reaches out his hand to touch Dabin's forehead earning a weird expression from her. 


"What ?" Dabin questions her husband as she holds his hand and locks it. 


"Are you sick ?"


"Nope.. I'm just tired.. Hopefully we will not miss the flight tomorrow.." She says earning laughs from her husband as well. Their flight is scheduled tomorrow in the afternoon. She really can't wait to be there with her husband. Dabin feels sorry towards her husband that he has to wait for a week for their first night. 


"Hopefully.." Yixing muffles with a smile as he takes his juice to be drank. He then looks at her when Dabin suddenly smiles widely and stares at him while putting her palm under her chin. 


"I am so glad that I am married to a handsome man.. So handsome.." Dabin praises her husband to which she only earns a smirk from him. He leans closer taking his wife's hand to be held as well. 


"Baby.. Thanks for the compliment. But however you compliment me, I still won't tell you we are we heading tomorrow.." Yixing exclaims making Dabin pulls her hand away from her husband's grip. She has done everything to make her husband spills out where is the location for their honeymoon tomorrow but still the handsome husband does not want to tell her. 

 

"You want to tell me or you sleep on the couch tonight ?" Dabin threatens him making Yixing laughs. She rolls her eyes at him feeling that she fails to make him telling her. 


"How could you ?" Yixing says with a sad voice warm chuckles from his wife because of his pout. He pinches Dabin's cheek only to earn a slap from her on his arm. 


"Just tell me.. Please~.." Dabin begs to her husband while doing an aegyo as she knows one of Yixing's weaknesses is her aegyo. She is now pouting and is poking his arm but Yixing only looks at the other side. He does not want to lose to his pretty wife. 


"Baby.. I really love you but let's just wait until tomorrow.." Yixing persuades her and kisses her cheek making Dabin gives up. It is only tomorrow. 


"Oooookaaayyyy.." 

 


~~~

 

"Bei.. What should I bring ?" Dabin asks she stares at her own luggage not knowing what to bring anymore. Her husband still does not want to tell her about their honeymoon location. Yixing zips up his own luggage and walks towards his wife before he sits beside her. 


"Bring your bikini.." He bluntly says making Dabin slaps his lap. 


"So ert.." She stands up and zips up her luggage ignoring her husband who is laughing when seeing her red face. Yixing wants to more so he leans closer to his wife and peeks at her face. 


"Aigoo.. Why is your face so red ?" He once again teases her only to earn a pinch on his arm. He really love teasing her. That's because he finds her so cute. 


"Baby.." Yixing calls his wife but Dabin only ignores pretending she does not listen to her husband. He holds himself from laughing as he knows Dabin is shy. 


"Baby.." He calls again and he gives her smiles when she finally looking at him.


"What" 


Yixing cutely pats his lap making Dabin to roll her eyes. She eyes him as she walks towards her husband and sits on top of his lap before she hugs him on the neck with Yixing's left hand automatically wraps around her waist.  


She then takes her husband's phone and opens the camera while Yixing just looks at his wife who is playing with his phone. 


"Kimchi~~~" Dabin says taking her picture with her husband. After checking the photo is okay, she sets it as his wallpaper not forgetting to send the picture to her phone as well. 


"Do you want to eat before we go to airport ?" She asks cupping her husband's cheek. Dabin lets out of smiles when Yixing pecks her lips as he tightens his hug on her waist. 


"Nope.. But I want a glass of water.." He tells her making Dabin n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter