Chapter 35

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35

 

I gulp down the beer and close my eyes when it hits my throat. I barely drink the beer that I took earlier in the fridge. My mind is messed up now that lead me to drink alcohol. It is early in the morning and here I am. Sitting in the living room and staring at the blank TV. I do not want to watch TV at all as I know the TV might be watching me instead. I then heave a sigh while slowly leaning against the couch resting the back of my neck on the railing of the couch. I close my eyes and the horrible scene flash in my mind. Opening my eyes, I then look at the wall watch and my eyes dart at the clock needle rotating showing it is 2.26 a.m. 

I keep staring at the clock when I hear the door of our bedroom swung open. From my peripheral view, I can see someone is walking towards me. I do not bother to look at her at all as that thing is still haunting me. I clear up my throat and speak.

"Why did you wake up ?"

Instead of answering my question, my wife walks to the couch and hesitantly sits next to me. She looks at our coffee table realizing there is a can of beer which is mine that is barely drank.

"Are you still mad ?" 

It is too quiet since it is early in the morning and I can clearly hear her question even though she whispers. I do not mad at her Why would I? 

"No. Go to sleep. I want to drink some more." I say hoping that she will believe me. But I know she will not believe me as she knows my tolerance. 

"No. I don't want. You are mad at me."

"No, baby. I am not." I tell her but I was greeted by my wife's sobbing sound which makes me turn to check on her.

"Hey. I am not angry." I coax her and try to wipe her tears off but she backs off pushing my hands as well. She continues crying.

"You are. You know that I did not do that on purpose." She says and still cries.

"You make me scared." Unknowingly, I tell her making my wife cries even louder. I did not mean to say that but it just came out from my mouth. 

"I told you I am sorry for scaring you but still--"

"Shhhh.." I cut her off and pull my wife into my hug. She hugs me back while clencing on my white shirt as she sobs. 

“You are mad.” My wife muffles as she wets my shirt making I pull away from hugging her and I immediately replace by cupping her face. She is so sensitive right now and I cannot make it worse.

“No. I am not, baby. Shh.”

“You did not talk to me. You did not sleep with me. No good night kiss—”

Once again, I cut her off and now by sealing my lips with hers. She pulls away from our lips with her pout as she is probably flustered that she responded to our kiss. But now what alarm her is when she seeing I am crying. I pull my hands away from her and palm my face instead. I do not want my wife to see me in this state.  

I do not make a sound and it is quite dark since I did not switch the light on but left the sliding door open. Our living room is accompanied by the moonlight. She adjusts from her seat so that she can get closer to me. 

“Are you still scared ?” She asks me while placing her hand on top of my thigh and presses it a little bit. She grabs my hands away from my face and holds it tightly. I keep my head looking down to my lap and nods to her question. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter