Chapter 5

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

 

"Dabin ssi.. Please send to me the script for our broadcast on Tuesday before you go home.. I need to review it first.." Lee Youngjin, the senior broadcast writer in KBS for Music Bank says to Dabin.

 


"Alright, Sunbaenim.. Do I need to send the script to Kang PD nim later ?" She politely asks as she looks at her senior. 

 

"No need. After reviewing the script, I'll send it to Kang PD nim myself.. Thank you ne ?" The senior broadcast writer informs her with smiles and walks out from Dabin's room that she shares with her colleagues. She goes to her seat and sits down before switching on her laptop. 

 

 

A few months after she graduated from Korea University, Dabin has been accepted into KBS family. She did go to the same university with Yixing but they took different majors. Now it's been two years since she worked as a broadcast writer for KBS. She does the scripts for Beauty Bible and Music Bank. 

 


"Dabin ah.. Have you finished the script for Beauty Bible program ?" Her colleague, Jo Arin asks looking at Dabin who is too focused on typing. She stops typing and looks at Arin.

 


"I'm doing the final touch, unnie.. It will be done in half an hour.." She informs her making Arin nods and shows her fingers signaling OK.

 

"After you've done, send it to the PD nim ne ? It's for next week broadcast.. Jessica and Jaekyung's managers are going to pick up the script in two days.." 

 

"Ne unnie.." Dabin nods and starts doing her work again. She takes a quick glance when the door swung open revealing her male colleagues, Daehyun and Inho who went to the rooftop to smoke just now before she focuses on her script back. The room is shared with three people who are the broadcast writers as well. She then looks up when she sees a cup of coffee is placed on top of her desk. 

 


"For you to stay awake.. It's only 2.45 pm but you look sleepy.." Inho says and lets out a small smile to which Dabin replies back by smiling and nodding.

 


"Thank you, Inho ssi.." Dabin thanks him earning smiles from the guy before he distributes the coffees for his colleagues.

 


After few minutes, Dabin stands up and does a little bit of stretching when she's done printing the script. 

 

"Aigoo.." She holds her neck and cleans her desk getting ready to pass the script to Beauty Bible's PD. 

 


"Done ?" Arin asks making Dabin nods happily. After sending this, she's gonna focus on doing the script for Music Bank. 

 


"Then.. You can help me with the script for tomorrow's morning news.." Daehyun jokes around making Dabin looks at him.

 


"No thanks.." Dabin says making all of them laugh. She takes all the scripts and goes to her boss's office to send them.

 

 

Dabin sings a random song while walking to her car. She can't wait to go back home and to lie down on her comfy bed. She's too tired and her brains wants to pop out of its place. Dabin enters her car and closes the door before locking it. She puts her handbag under the passenger's seat and starts the engine. Yixing has told her to lock the door as soon as she's got into the car for her safety after she got her car license. 

 


"It's dangerous.. You lock the door as soon as possible.. And put your belongings under the seat.. " 

 


Thinking of her bestfriend, Dabin then takes her phone out and checks if Yixing texts her or not. A wide smile appears on her face when seeing Yixing's name on the screen. 

 


From: The Lamb


Will be landing in an hour.. Let's eat chicken tonight.. It's my treat..

 


Yixing is in Japan to order for the things for his current project. She smiles while reading the message and types quickly. 

 


To: The Lamb

 

Call! I will treat you bubble tea! See you there.. 

 


After sending t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter