Chapter 39

We Are Childhood Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39

 

Yixing. We do not know what is going on but as her mother, Eomma can sense something is wrong with you guys. She does not show it and she keeps saying she's fine. Yixing, I am not siding anyone. Be gentle with her. I am saying this not because of we are her parents. She is pregnant. She is pregnant with your babies. Our grandchildren. Her mood swings will not last long. It will over as soon as our grandchildren born. She is in her third trimester, Yixing. In two months, you guys will be parents. Eomma and Appa know something is not right when she came here alone. No matter how busy you are, you will always be the one who send her here. Eomma does not know how serious it is but I hope you guys will reconcile soon. Be patient with her. I am not angry with you, Yixing. There is no perfect marriage. You guys are young and young parents to be.  

 

I bite my lips as I think of my mother in law's advice. Earlier, I woke up early and straightly drove to my in law's house. Well actually I could not sleep well last night. I kept thinking about my wife. She texted me when she arrived at the house but I could not help but to feel worried.

I entered my in law's house only to bump into my mother in law. She was going to prepare for the breakfast and asked me to follow her to the kitchen. She did not look angry at all but I knew she could read what was going on. I went upstairs to my wife's bedroom after talking with my mother in law.

I keep fiddling with my fingers as I wait for Dabin to wake up. Looking at my wrist watch, I still have another 3 minutes before she wakes up. I am sitting next to her on the bed with her back is facing me. 

She mostly sleeps on the side these few months because of her back pain. I was startled when the sound of her alarm ringing. I can hear her sigh as she finds her phone on the table to stop the ringing alarm.

"Aigoo, Sheep. Mommy only slept for one hour and Mommy wants to sleep some more." She talks to our Sheep and I feel bad when I hear she has problem to sleep at night because of the uneasiness. She does not tell me that she actually sleeps for one or two hours. I can see that she is caressing her baby bump and can hear her giggles. 

"Sheep, are you guys exercising? Or are you playing roller coaster?"

I am quite jealous with my wife. She always smiles whenever she talks to our Sheep. She can feel their movement and she brings them everywhere. I hold my breath when I see she is slowly getting up while holding her bump.

I once again feel bad when seeing her massaging her back. She then stops massaging her back and slowly turns around only to have an eye contact with me.

I am expecting she would stand up and walk leaving me hanging alone. But then she crawls on the bed and stops in front of me before she cups my face with her hands.

"How are you feeling today, Bei ? Much better ?" She asks me with her concern eyes. I can see that from her eyes. They look worried. I take her hands on my face and hold it instead.

"I am sorry. I should not--" I apologise but she is smiling as she shakes her head.

"It is okay. I understand. You had a rough day at work and I added your stress." 

I do not know why but I feel sorry hearing she said that. She does not say but I can see in her eyes she is sad. My wife keeps smiling wanting me to believe she is fine but I know she is not. She tries to cover it.

"You are not. It was my fault. I should not raise my voice." I muffle making my wife smiles as she stands up.

"It is okay. Do not think too much about that hmm. I am totally fine." She pats my cheek before she leaves me to go to the bathroom. I only heave a sigh when she closes the bathroom door. I should be prepared for a whole lecture by my mother when she finds it out. Well done, Yixing.

 

"I will drive to work."

I stop eating when I hear that my wife is going to drive on her own to office. I lift my head only to earn a look from my parents in law while Dongwook acts like he does not hear anything. 

"Why ? I can send you, baby." I say and place my hand on top of her thigh. 

"Yixing can drive you to work, Dabin ah." My mother in law exclaims. I know they are worried when Dabin drives on her own with her condition. She is in her last trimester and I do not think it will be approved by our parents.

"If you are rushing and have something important I can just drive. It is okay. Don't want to trouble you." She tell me and holds my hand. Is she avoiding me ? 

"No. I am not rushing. I will drive hmm ?" 

"Go with Yixing. We do not want you to drive anymore. What if something happens ?" My father in law says making my wife grins before she nods her head. I can feel like she's avoiding me. I then shrug it off and continue eating my breakfast. I should not think negatively but I cannot help. We left our parents' house in 10 minutes and I drove her to work. We barely talked to each other and seriously I did not know how to start a conversation after I threw my stress at my wife. She just sat next to me and it looked awkwardly. 

Arriving at the KBS building, I then park our car as usual. But something catches my eyes. My wife looks like she is getting ready to go out when her hand touches the handle.

"Didn't you want to take a nap, baby?" I ask making my wife looks at me with a warm smile. We still have another one hour before the working hours start and she usually will take a nap. 

"I do not feel like want to take a nap. I will just sleep at the office if I want to. Thank you for sending me, Bei. Take care." She tells me and pats my cheek. The last time I checked she only had one hour of sleep and I can see from her eyes how sleepy she is. 

"Baby." I call her when her hand once again touches the handle to open the door. She looks at me with her raised eyebrows.

"No kiss?" 

She lets out of smiles when hearing to my question. She is weird today. Well. What to expect. She is still hurt from yesterday. We usually kiss each other before we part away.

"Sorry. I forgot." She apologizes and leans closer to kiss me on the lips. We pull away from the kiss and I quickly get out to help her out of the car. She hardly walks due to her big belly and she always needs to be supported when walking. I will just simply hold her hand if we walk together.

"Thank you, Bei. Drive safely." She thanks me once again before she gets inside the elevator. I lose my smile as my lips are pressed into a thin line when my wife vanished from my sight. It is better she treats me this way rather than a silent treatment. Well I deserve it.

 


Bei, you do not need to pick me up if you have something important to be done. I can ride Arin unnie's car.

 

I stare at my phone for a few seconds in one of the evenings reading a chat from my wife. It has been two weeks since that incident happened and my wife is still the same. I then look at my planner and bite lips when noticing I have no meeting today. Well. I will still pick her up even though I have meeting in the evening. There is no way I will let her going back alone. 

 

It is okay, baby. I will pick you up at 5:20 pm. Wait for me. 

 

I arrived at my wife's office 5.15 in the evening. 5 minutes early. I quickly get out of my car when seeing my wife and we let out of smiles to each other as our eyes met. I take her hand guiding her to our car before I run to the driver's seat.

"Comfortable ?" I ask my wife while rubbing her baby bump as soon as I help her wearing her seatbelt making her nods. I look at her hand and realize she is holding a cup. I try to reach for her hand while driving with my left hand but I was taken aback when she flinched in shock. 

"It is not coffee, Bei. I did not buy coffee anymore. It is tea." She tells me and I can tell that she looks scared. Oh my God. Does she still think I will scold her for buying coffee ?

"Baby, I am not going to scold you." I muffle while driving. I grasp my own hand on my thigh as I am scared that she does not want to be held. 

"Sorry." She apologises and grabs my hand intertwining our hands together.

I don't know why but I feel something strange about my wife. It is not like she ignores me. She treats me like usual and we do not miss our personal time. She always says YES when we signal each other. We cuddle. We kiss. We talk. We make love. 

But one thing that bothers me. She tries to do all things by herself. I like it so much when my wife relies everything on me. I notice the changes in my wife after the incident where I accidentally scolded her. 

Okay.  You might find it funny but I want to do everything for my wife. She is my queen. Furthermore, she is carrying my babies. I want to treat what she deserves to be treated. These past eight months I can see how hard it is for her to carry our Sheep. 

**

Scene 1

One day my wife told me she was not feeling well and decided to stay at home. I wanted to take a leave but she did not let me since I had an important meeting with my new clients. She also refused to be sent to my mother in law's house.

"It is okay, Bei. I do not want to trouble anyone. Eomma's house has staircase and it is tiring." She said. I could not say NO anymore and promised to her, I would take a half day from work. As soon as the meeting ended, I straightly went home after informing Chanyeol that I would not be back to office.

Entering our house, my eyes were looking at our veranda. She did laundry as I could see the hanging clothes but she was nowhere to be found. 

"Baby." I called her as I walked drag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter