017

The Untouchables

 

 

Lay frowned as he eyed the paper, he shook his head and put it down.

“Odd, right?” Chen said, the other male nodded.

“I don’t get it, these people filed complaints about him and brought it to court,” Kai spoke, Suho nodded at his brother.

“Then the next day, it’s either they lose their jobs, their houses or they went missing…?”

Kyungsoo eyed Jang Jaeguk’s photo keenly.

“We just got info that he’s paid some people to follow Chaeyeon around. To check on her whereabouts and stuff.” Xiumin pointed out.

“So, maybe being “engaged” to Chanyeol will help her.” Baekhyun stated, Sehun glanced at his cousin.

“It will help her, to stabilize her hold on the company and for her safety. I don’t think Jang would just try to hurt her if she’s with him.”

“We have to keep her safe, this Jaeguk guy already knows she’s somewhat related to us. And you all know how someone managed to trace us down last time.” Xiumin said.

“Somehow this top star managed to wedge herself in RBHD.” Sehun spoke flatly, they all looked at him.

Suho cleared his throat.

“So, Chanyeol?” The eldest looked at the younger male, Chanyeol nodded.

“I was thinking the same thing. I’ll see her tomorrow.” He replied.

Sehun’s brows met briefly before looking at his phone.

“I..dont understand…so are you going to be her fake fiancé..or…?” Lay asked blankly, Chen and Baekhyun snorted.

“At this rate, they’re probably going to get married and have kids.” Kai mused, Suho sent him a look.

 

 

“So, that girl,” Jang Jaeguk put his cigar on the ashtray.

“She’s always seen with them, sir.” His secretary nodded.

“Those spoiled brats.” He spat as he eyed the pictures of Chaeyeon together with the nine elites on his table.

“And, she lives across the townhouse owned by Samsung at Diamond Village, this is probably how she met them.”

“Of course, she lives in that wretched place.” He smirked.

“Tell them to keep on tailing her, we have to find out what she’s up to and if she knows about those transactions her friends are doing.”

“And..if she does, sir?”

“Well, she’s easier to kill than those nine boys, right?”

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in a pair of Adidas leggings and a loose shirt; she was about to grab her backpack when her phone started to ring. She walked to the bed and looked at the phone’s screen and then she automatically winced.

She slid the green icon and her brother’s face appeared on the screen.

What are you planning?” He asked flatly, she smiled at him.

Aegyo doesn’t work on me, you know that Kang Chaeyeon.

“Uh-oh, full name.” She muttered as she stepped out of her room.

Engaged? Its just been three months since you got there. Are you trying to stir~

She tuned him out as she climbed down the stairs, then she almost fell on the last step when she noticed a tall figure by the kitchen doorway.

“Hey.” Chanyeol smiled as he faced her.

Who is that?” Her brother demanded sharply. Chanyeol paused and looked at her, Chaeyeon grinned at him.

My…possible fiancé. Oppa, I gotta go.

“Kang Chayeon, don’t you dare~!”

Chaeyeon kept her phone in her back pocket and pranced towards the tall male.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

“I really should get a new lock or something.” She mused as she eyed the dining table already laden with food.

“I took the liberty of buying breakfast, you drink juice, right?” He said as he took out a pitcher of orange juice from the fridge.

“So, you here to reject me?” She grinned as she sat down, Chanyeol scrunched his nose as he sat down across her.

“I have to apologize for blurting out something like that, oppa. I forgot how serious things can get in your world. I’m sorry.” She said seriously, Chanyeol smiled at her.

“Kang Chaeyeon blurting out weird things? It’s okay, I’m used to it.”

“I’m serious, oppa.” She frowned, Chanyeol chuckled and just pushed a glass of juice towards her.

“I’m actually here to talk to you about what you proposed last night.”

She looked up from her toast.

“But, Chaeyeon-ah, it might get difficult for you. I know you’re~”

“Are you worried it might affect my career?” She asked him, Chanyeol nodded.

“It won’t, oppa. After the concert, I was planning to take a short break from the biz.”

“To help your angry sounding brother?”

“He wasn’t angry, just..curious and shocked. And this leaves us where…?”

Chanyeol smiled and took the seat next to hers. He produced a small box from his pocket and placed it on the table.

“Good morning, future Mrs. Park.” He chuckled before briefly pressing his lips against her right cheek.

“When you’re done eating, just call me, I’ll just be across the street. I’ll drive you to the studio.” He said as he squeezed her hand before leaving the house.

Chaeyeon just exhaled and shook her head.

 

What did I say again? Tall guys, tall guys are dangerous.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++