010

The Untouchables

 

 

Chaeyeon toyed the pen around her fingers.

The company thinks it’s best if you do this. Good promotion for you and the profit will be big.

You want me to promote here?

Not exactly, but how about an encore show? Three nights here in Seoul, your fans already know you’re here.

Chaeyeon’s brows met and she signed her name on the document.

We already have a studio prepared for you. Recording~

Her schedule,

She looked up, Yixing had entered the study.

Yo, ge.” She greeted him.

We have to know her schedule.” Lay finished, the other male blinked at him.

Ge, it’s just~

“Listen to him.” Sehun strolled in the room with an iPad in hand.

Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at him as he set the device before her.

“Here, live feed around your house.” He said just as Baekhyun hopped in the room.

“Hey, dinner at our place later.” He told her as he sat beside her.

“Okay…” Chaeyeon nodded, she looked at her manager.

You do know how troublesome it can be when people see these guys come in and out of your house, right?

Yixing snorted.

I know.” She nodded with a sigh.

 

 

“Somehow I’m part of the squad now? Yay me.” She said dryly as she stepped in the house.

“We’ll be having dinner out at the garden.” Baekhyun told her, she nodded and made her way towards the poolside.

Her phone buzzed, she glanced at the screen.

It was her brother.

Her brows furrowed, what happened earlier was very difficult for her. It made her angry, it made her want to lash back, but she knew she cant.

“You were ranting about BOD earlier. Bad day at work?”

She looked up, Kyungsoo was setting the table.

“Somebody just questioned if I was qualified for the job.”

“Are you?”

“Kind of.”

Kyungsoo’s lips quirked up.

“How?”

“This babe got her degree and masters at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, hyung. She’s smart.” Kai joined them with plates in tow.

“Thanks, boo.” She grinned at him.

“So, you did go to school. Wow.” Sehun came with a bunch of utensils.

“I have a feeling you two wont get along.” Suho commented as he joined them.

“I overheard you and Baekhyun talking, you’re holding concerts in a few weeks?” Suho asked her.

“Hopefully, yes. But, Suho…oppa, there’s something I want to ask you about.”

The older male nodded, Kyungsoo and Kai looked at her.

“The members of KangSan’s BOD, can you run a check on them?”

“Why?” Suho’s brows met.

“KangSan needs a detox. Can you do it? Just a little favor for me, okay?” She beamed at him.

“Aigoo, just give the girl what she wants.” Kai mused and mussed her hair. Sehun chuckled and shook his head.

“Okay, I’ll ask one of out staff to do it. In the meantime,” Suho shook off his sweater and draped it around her bare shoulders.

“It’s time to eat.” He said as he pulled a chair for her.

 

 

“Chen, just…give me that.” Chaeyeon sighed and put her knife down, Chen grinned and lifted his plate and handed it to her.

The guys watched in amusement as Chaeyeon sliced the lamb chops for their friend.

Sehun eyed her plate, she had set aside the carrots and string beans.

“Well, for a celebrity, you eat a lot. Not that I don’t like it.” Xiumin grinned at her as he placed more mashed potatoes on her plate.

She grinned at him.

“A girl’s gotta eat, Minseok oppa.” She winked at him, the older male blushed. She chuckled.

“By the way, how is Ri On?” She asked, Chanyeol who was seated across her was the first one to speak.

“He’s having surgery tomorrow. He’s at the hospital now.”

“I should visit him,” Then she put her fork down and leaned forward, Chanyeol paused just as the girl brushed the bits of sauce on his cheek.

“Reminds me of someone.” She shook her head with a teasing grin.

“Who? Your boyfriend?” Kai pouted.

“No, Darth Vader, my dog.”

“Ya!” Chanyeol made a face at her, she grinned.

“I’m joking, you’re too good looking to be a dog. It would be a waste~”

Her phone started to ring, her eyes went to the screen. Her brows met.

“Excuse me.” She said quietly as she left the table.

 

 

“What is it?”

“Ma’am, it’s about the board.”

It was her brother’s secretary.

“Why? They hate me? That’s not exactly news.” She sighed as she pulled Suho’s sweater closer to her.

Before the male could reply, she felt a hand on her shoulder, she spun around only to meet Suho’s worried gaze, and he had his phone on his hand. Her eyes zeroed on the article on the screen.

“Okay, I got it. I’ll call oppa later.” She put her phone down and looked away from Suho.

“They’re voting you out.” Kai spoke, he looked confused.

“So, this is why you wanted me to run a check?” Suho asked, the whole table was looking at them.

“They think I’m not capable enough. It’s because of my profession, oppa.”

“The article said you just finished high school.” Chen spoke.

“I know.” Her brows met again.

“I’m sorry, I need to go ahead. Thanks for dinner though. It was good, Dr. Do.” She said lightheartedly as she shook off Suho’s sweater and gave it back to him.

“I’ll head home now.” She said to them before leaving.

“Hyung, can you do something about that?” Sehun looked at Minseok.

“I’ll call SBS’s GM.” He said as he took out his phone.

“No, KBS, hyung. That way a wider coverage for her. I’ll see to it she gets home not attacked or something.” Sehun stood up from his seat.

Suho just took his seat, Lay was eyeing the article on his phone.

“She’s trying to run KangSan and be Kang Chaeyeon, top star. How does she plan to do that?” Yixing murmured.

“I knew she was trouble, but she’s fun.” Kai nodded, Baekhyun just grinned at his friend.

“I kind of like her around.” Kyungsoo shrugged before gathering Chaeyeon’s plate and heading to the house.

 

 

Chaeyeon brushed her tears away from her cheeks.

“This is all too crazy, can’t they give me a problems one at a time?” She muttered to herself as she crossed the street.

“What would you want to deal with first?”

She glanced beside her, Sehun was looking ahead as he walked beside her.

“KangSan.” She replied, he nodded back.

“People aren’t listening to you?”

“I don’t need them to listen, I just don’t like being seen as if…” She trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“As if you know nothing?” Sehun continued.

“Yeah.”

“Well, you kind of don’t, Chaeyeon.”

She halted and looked at him.

“Well, the people involved in our society, tend to look at things differently. You’re someone who’s always seen, your life is…constantly monitored. And they don’t want someone like you being in the company because that means more scrutiny for them.”

Her brows met briefly.

“Is this a bad thing or a good thing?”

Sehun smirked.

“KangSan is clean, right?”

She paused.

“Oh Sehun, sometimes your brain’s frequency doesn’t exactly sync with mine.”

“So, why would those people not want scrutiny? Unless they’re hiding something.” He said as they reached her door.

“Huh.”

Sehun nodded towards the front door.

“So, it was smart of you to ask Suho hyung to run a check, don’t let those issues get to you.”

“Is this a pep talk I hear?” She questioned.

“Just get inside your house before somebody attacks you again.” He ignored her as he turned away.

 

 

“Good night, brat.” She grinned before getting inside the house. Sehun just glanced at the house before crossing the street.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++