039

The Untouchables

 

 

Chaeyeon took a step back from him.

“I had to do that, I was so worried when you wouldn’t wake up.” He said softly, Chaeyeon nodded and looked away.

“Chaeyeon~”

“Chaeyeon-ah!”

They both looked up, Julien was walking towards them.

“Sehun, hi.” He patted Sehun’s shoulder as he reached them.

“The detective wants to speak with you, they said they’d wait.” Jules face her, she just nodded and looked at her feet.

“..Do you think you can do it? I can talk to them to reschedule.” Sehun asked carefully, Julien smiled as he looked at the younger male.

“It’s fine. I’ll do it, oppa.” She faced her sibling, Julien nodded and walked back to the room.

“I’ll come by later~” Sehun stopped when Chaeyeon held onto the sleeve of his coat.

“Can..you come with me? I don’t..think I can do it alone.” She asked him, Sehun just nodded and took her hand as they walked back to the room.

 

 

 

Chanyeol gave the policeman a polite bow as he stepped in the interrogation room, he looked at the lone male seated on the table, and he was handcuffed.

“You sure do love to play around.” Jaeguk spoke.

“You were warned. You should have stopped.”

“You think I’m not going to tell the police about your little group of misfits?”

Chanyeol paused and faced him, there was a smirk on his face.

“You’re lucky I volunteered to come here instead of Sehun.” He shook his head, a humorless smile appeared on his face.

“Your RBHD project, I know you were the ones swindling everyone~”

“Swindling? We’re the ones swindling?” Chanyeol repeated.

“All that money stolen from innocent people…and we’re the ones tricking people? Do you even know how many families were almost destroyed because of greedy men like you?” He chuckled, then he slammed both of his palms on the table, Jung Jaeguk jumped in surprise.

“Fine, go ahead spill everything about RBHD to the police, let’s see if they’ll listen to you.”

“You don’t know~”

“Stop threatening me, it only makes me laugh. And this,”

The doors opened, revealing two policemen with transparent bags in their hands, Lay and Kai were smirking behind them.

“We found the gun you used that day, plus all these documents in your office,” The official spoke as he dropped the thick folder on the desk.

“Fraudulent fool.” Lay mused before leaving, Chanyeol just followed the other male. Then Kai stepped in the room, the policemen bowed politely as they made way for him.

“You entered the wrong game, and messed with the wrong person. You hurt our princess.” Kai leaned over to meet his gaze.

“Get away from me you~”

Kai then punched the daylights out of him, the detective just looked at him warily.

“I had to do it. Thanks, detective Song.” He smirked before leaving the room.

 

 

Chaeyeon picked up the pen and signed her name on the documents.

“It was very nice meeting you, vice president Kang. Thank you for letting us do this.”

“It’s nothing, detective. I should be thanking you and your partner.” She nodded and stood up.

Sehun was seated by the window, quietly waiting for them to finish.

“Then, we’ll get going.”

Chaeyeon watched as the two males left, Sehun stood up and helped her to the bed. Chaeyeon pulled the blankets closer to her.

“Do you have work?” She asked him, Sehun sat down across her.

“No, I clocked out early.” He mused her, she made a face at him.

“Where are the others?”

“Heol, I’m right in front of you and you’re still looking for other men~”

Sehun winced when Suho entered and hit his head with the pen he was holding, Chaeyeon grinned. Suho just smiled at her and handed her a cup of warm tea.

“How are you feeling?”

“Better, thanks for this, oppa.” She said before taking a small sip. Sehun just smiled and patted her hair down before going back to his seat.

“Baekhyun called, he’s on his way here. He asked what kind of cake you wanted. Why not give him a call?”

Chaeyeon smiled and took picked up her phone from the bedside table.

Baekhyun answered after two rings.

“Oppa, I want something that has fruit and not much cream.” She said.

“Hmm, then I’ll try to find one for you. I’ll be there in a few!”

She smiled before putting the phone down.

“I haven’t seen Chanyeol oppa.” She suddenly spoke, Suho looked up.

“He came by earlier, he sent some snacks. But you were getting an X-ray.” Suho said, she nodded and leaned back on the bed.

“What happened? With Jung Jaeguk.”

Sehun looked at her briefly, Suho eyed the younger male warily.

“He’s in jail. Rotting there.” Sehun spoke.

“That…fast? Don’t these things take some time..?”

“Not really. Anyway,” Sehun stood up from his chair.

“I need to go. I have a meeting.” He spoke as he walked towards her, Chaeyeon just nodded at him.

“I’ll be back later. Eat lots of cake.” He smiled before kissing the side of her head, Suho waved at him. Chaeyeon’s brows met and held onto his sleeve.

“Can..you drive with that?” She asked, her eyes on his cast.

“No. I have a driver now.” Sehun replied with a small smile, her brows just met briefly.

“It’s nothing, Chae. See you later. I’ll bring you hamburgers. Lots.” He said as he squeezed her hand and left the room.

 

 

Chaeyeon just smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++