015

The Untouchables

 

 

Chaeyeon wiped her forehead and exhaled, she glanced at the wall clock, it was already four in the afternoon, she has been practicing for almost four hours.

“We can take a few minutes rest.” The choreographer told her, she nodded and walked to the table.

She glanced at her phone, twenty-three missed calls from her brother.

Her brows met briefly, she had come up with a plan on the spot, and she forgot to inform him before it hit the news.

He’s going to kill me.” She whispered to herself as she picked up her phone and then she paused, Chen and Kyungsoo had called her twice.

And there was a text message from Sehun.

We’re at the hospital for Ri On.

Won’t be able to Uber you around.

“Oh .” She grabbed her sweater and ran out of the room.

 

 

The Kang older sibling stared at the screen as her sister’s short interview outside KangSan’s office played again.

Yes, it is true. Two of our major shareholders have been proven to be stealing from KangSan. They started a charity for blind children, but the whole thing never existed. And I am sorry that these men used innocent kids just to extort money.

And yes, right now, in behalf of my brother, I am KangSan South Korea’s acting vice president.

But miss Kang, there’s been rumors about you being in a relationship? Wont this affect that and your career right now?

Chaeyeon smiled her “celebrity” smile, her older brother almost rolled his eyes.

My fiancé understands everything. Having him around makes me stronger and confident. Thank you.

 

 

Chaeyeon got out of the elevator, she had her hood down as she searched for her friends, she looked around as she jogged.

“Chaeyeon!”

She halted, Baekhyun was looking at her.

“I’m so sorry I forgot. I was at rehearsals and the meeting earlier~” She started to panic, tiny droplets of tears formed on her eyes.

“Hey, hey, relax.” Chanyeol walked to her and cupped both of her cheeks. She shook her head.

“I promised him I’d see him before the surgery..I--” She choked.

“He’s been inside for almost six hours, Kyungsoo says he’s going to be fine.” Chanyeol said calmly. Chaeyeon’s brows met.

“Have you eaten?” He asked her, she shook her head.

“I’ll go get you something to eat, you might get mobbed. Is a sandwich okay?” Baekhyun patted her hair.

“Yeah. Thanks.”

Chanyeol exhaled and pulled her to a chair.

“So, fiancé?” He asked her lightly, she grinned.

“I was just about to ask you that.”

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat.

“I didn’t know. It’s an arranged marriage, in plain words.”

Chaeyeon blinked, confused.

“I thought…”

“Yeah, you thought.”

“I read the article, you have been seeing her for three years, you met at school and~”

“No.” Chanyeol met her gaze; she frowned and put her hand on his.

“Then tell your parents you don’t want to do it.”

Chanyeol chuckled and looked at her hand over his.

“If only it were that easy, Chae.”

 

 

 

“Why is she here?” Suho asked as he approached Chanyeol, Chaeyeon had fallen asleep while leaning against his side.

“And dressed in sweats.” Sehun added, Suho shook off his jacket and placed it on her lap.

“She said she came from dance practice when she went here. She was so guilty she forgot.” Chanyeol replied, Sehun’s brows met.

She started to move, Chanyeol adjusted his arm, she chuckled as she looked up to meet his gaze.

“Chae?” Suho asked.

“I just had this amazing dream. Oh hey, Oh Sehun.” She grinned at him, Sehun just nodded and sat across them. His brows went up when he noticed her laces were undone.

“What is it?” He asked as he bent down to tie them. Suho blinked at the younger male.

“It’s a good idea too.” She continued.

“Have you had dinner?” Suho cleared his throat.

“Chanyeol,” She looked at him.

“…What?”

 

“Why don’t you propose to me instead? You can be mine, I can be yours.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++