006

The Untouchables

“You know them?” Soljin asked as they got in their private booth.

“Neighbors.” Chaeyeon replied as she finished her Bloody Mary.

“You do know them, right?”

“I just got their names.” Chaeyeon scooted over a Joohyuk joined them with anotherround of drinks.

“The Untouchables.”

“Is that a thing?” Chaeyeon blinked, Joohyuk closed his eyes briefly

“Chaeyeon, please.” He sighed.

“No, that’s what they call them. The Untouchables. They’re all sons or grandsons coming from big families. They’re so secretive, they never hang out outside their circle, and they like to keep to themselves. It might come off as arrogant, but I think they like to keep their circle small. You know, to keep their exclusivity.”

“Oh.” Chaeyeon just nodded, her brows furrowed as she looked at her dog. He shouldn’t be in a place where people were smoking and drinking.

“Ya, I just told you how a bunch of really special and hot guys took notice of~”

“Guys take notice of me, I’m Kang Chaeyeon.” She said cheekily, which earned her a flick on the forehead from Joohyuk.

“What I’m saying is that,” She said as she pushed Joohyuk away.

“I don’t really care about those No Touch Chaebols. I’m just involved in dating scandal with one of them, that’s it.”

“I bet you’ll fall for one of them.”

“Yeah, and I bet it wont happen, anyway, the only thing that bothers me now is that I have to visit KangSan. I can’t stand another meeting with stuffy and brown nosed directors.”

“Right, but chaebol boys aren’t your type, what a waste, you like those troubled bad boys with issues type.”

Joohyuk discreetly nudged her.

Chaeyeon just looked away and stared at the bar.

 

 

Chaeyeon rolled out of bed and went straight down for breakfast, she looked around and found Darth Vader still asleep.

She smiled before taking out his food bowl and filling it with dog food, she brushed her hair down and walked to the living room with a mug of warm coffee.

She sat by the windows and noticed that the black house across looked empty, no cars were parked outside.

“Hey, dark lord?” She spoke as the dog started to stretch.

“We have a big day ahead of us, this noona of yours needs to jog for a bit. You can stay here.” She mused before finishing her coffee and went up to her room to change.

 

 

“I need to talk to her.” Kyungsoo said as he entered the house, Suho was speaking with one of their staff.

“Another target?” Chen was behind him.

“We found something odd, sir.” The male spoke, Suho stood up and walked to his friends.

“Her? Chaeyeon-ssi?” Suho asked.

“Yes, my parents are a bit…curious.” Kyungsoo swallowed, Chen grinned.

“Good timing, Ri On’s been wanting to go see her.”

 

Chaeyeon was panting as she reached her house’s front, she checked her watch, she had just finished five kilometers.

“Hey, Kang Chaeyeon-nim!”

A voice made her look up, Chen was waving at her from across the street, Ri On was in front of him, smiling.

She saw Suho and Kyungsoo walking behind the two as they crossed the street.

“Ri On wants to give you something.” Suho said as they reached her.

“Really? Good morning, sweetie.” She smiled and she knelt to meet her gaze.

She glanced at the males and at her house, her eyes darted around the area. She was a little paranoid, now that people knew she was in Seoul, she was afraid of being spied on.

“You know what, why don’t you come in and we can talk over breakfast. I’m assuming you want to talk, right?” She looked at Kyungsoo.

Suho and Chen grinned, she was sharp.

“Yes, that would be great.”

“Come on in then.”

 

Suho looked around them, they were in the dining hall. Chaeyeon had excused herself to change into fresh clothes.

“She lives alone.” Chen stated.

“No, she has this guy.” Ri On was patting Darth Vader’s head. Chaeyeon appeared by the doorway, dressed in a pair of sweats and a sleeveless top.

“Noona, this is for you.” Ri On spoke as he took out a small booklet and placed it on the table, she smiled and took the seat beside him.

“What is it?” She asked as she opened it, she paused.

“It’s my favorite book, it was from my father. It helped me a lot, I hope it can help you too.”

“Thank you, Ri On-ah.” She kissed his cheek and glanced at the males, Kyungsoo stared back at her.

“So, about that rumor,” He started, Suho and Chen looked at the two.

“I know, I know, I’ve been trying to find a way to fix that, but, do you know how to cook?” She asked, Kyungsoo blinked, confused.

“Cook? I can cook.” He sounded unsure.

“Good, I have a fully loaded kitchen, but no cook. Can you whip up something? I tried but I almost set the house on fire.” She smiled at him, Chen and Suho grinned.

Kyungsoo sighed and stood up.

“Okay~”

“Good!” She jumped from her seat, and hooked her arm around his and led him to the kitchen.

 

 

Sehun and Chanyeol walked in the house and halted, it was empty except for their hired computer experts.

“Where’s everybody? I thought we had a meeting.” Chanyeol spoke.

“Across the street, they went to see that beautiful lady.” One male spoke, Sehun paued.

“All of them?” Sehun repeated.

“Yes, Ri On too, sir.”

 

 

“I’ll get it.” Chaeyeon hopped off the counter as the doorbell buzzed. Kyungsoo was busy slicing vegetables, while Suho and Chen were watching him.

“She actually managed to make Kyungsoo cook for her. How? What? Why?” Chen scratched the back off his head.

“She knows which buttons to press.” Suho mused.

Chaeyeon walked towards the door and opened it without checking.

“Oh, twin towers.” She said as she recognized Sehun and Chanyeol.

“Are they inside~”

“They are, come~ .” She breathed as she noticed the black van that just stopped across them.

“Huh?” Sehun followed her gaze, then he started to tense, Chaeyeon sidestepped them and ran to the van.

Manager Li~”

 

Sehun and Chanyeol started to run after her; she was about to knock on the van’s window when the door when it opened and a masked man with a gun went for .

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++