038

The Untouchables

 

“She’s awake?” Suho stood up from his seat, Chen let out a sigh of relief.

“Yeah…we’ll be there…I’ll call him.” Suho nodded before setting his phone down.

“How is she, hyung?”

“She’s fine, just a little dehydrated, but she’d doing well and she’s now eating.”

“That’s good then, I was going crazy.” Chen sighed.

Right after the incident, they had to do so much cover up in order to protect Chaeyeon and the RBHD. Xiumin managed to come up perfect alibi for Chaeyeon on why she was found at the building’s control room.

And it also didn’t help but Sehun was uncontrollable as of the moment.

“How far do you think he’ll go?” Chen asked the older male as he looked at the TV again.

“He almost killed her, what do you think?” Suho sighed.

 

 

Sehun faced his assistant again.

“What?”

“Well, Jung Jaeguk has a right to lawyer, so, there’s no way around it, president. We can~”

“Put Director Gu on the line, first tell him to have our corporate lawyer come here~”

His phone buzzed, he checked the message from Baekhyun andhis brows went up briefly.

“This afternoon.”

“Yes, sir.”

Sehun picked up his coat with his uninjured hand.

“Before that make sure that Jung Jaeguk doesn’t get a lawyer, not even a public one.”

“Sir~”

“Call the prosecutor’s office. Tell them its from me.”

“They might get suspicious, Miss Kang~” Sehun halted, his jaw tightened before facing the younger male. His cold eyes went to the clock briefly, his secretary winced and looked away.

“Cancel my meeting with finance team.”

“Yes, sir.”

“And about Jung Jaeguk? Use whatever resources we can, call everyone, and if anyone gets in our way, have them taken care of.”

The male nodded quietly.

“I don’t care what happens, I just want Jung Jaeguk in jail as soon as possible, get it?”

 

 

“This is scary.” Kai commented as they watched the news, Chanyeol and Yixing joined him inside their main office.

“What?”

“It’s Sehun.” Kai stated, Chanyeol looked at the screen.

“Suho hyung wanted to handle this continuously, finish off some ties before sending Jung Jaeguk to jail, but our youngest,” Kai shook his head but there was a grin on his face.

The news didn’t exactly mention anything about LG Corporation interfering with the investigation, but the whole thing had been rushed and not one lawyer was available for Jung Jaeguk.

No one would step forward to represent him.

“Sehun’s uncle was Seoul’s prosecutor before, could this be it?” Yixing asked.

“Yeah, this is it. He’s angry. And he wants this whole thing done quickly.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Anything to protect his Chaeyeon.” Kai noded with a small smile.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon just glanced up from her bed, her mother was speaking with her doctor seriously while KangSan’s lawyer and a detective joined them.

She sighed and slowly sat up, she put on the pair of bedroom slippers before quietly stepping out of the room.

She couldn’t remember everything that happened. But she could recall seeing blood, and Sehun collapsing behind her, which was why she fell forward with him leaning on her.

Her brows furrowed briefly again.

“He’s not hurt..right? Why is no one telling me anything?” She muttered darkly as she walked.

She reached a set of glass doors, she pressed her face against the glass.

“Where are you going?” A familiar voice made her jump, she turned around, then she almost dropped her phone.

Sehun smiled before gently taking the device from her.

“You….look okay…except for that.” Her eyes went to his left arm, which was in a cast.

“Should I say the same thing to you? You..dont look really well. Shall I lie?” He said teasingly as he brushed down her hair.

Chaeyeon just stared at him, her eyes wide and starting to water.

“You’re okay.” She said again.

“I am.” He nodded and looked at her curiously, then he saw tears rolld down her cheeks.

“Hey, Chaeyeon~”

She just leapt up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck, and then she started to sob. Sehun’s brows met and he just wrapped his free arm around her.

“I was so..worried, no one would tell me what happened…I couldn’t remember a thing….Then I remember you were being…” She choked and

Sehun just smiled and kissed the side of her head before setting her down.

“I’m really okay, Chaeyeon.” He said as he gently pushed her back, Sehun gently wiped her tears away with his hand.

“Pretty,” He said quietly as he looked at her.

“Ya, now is not~”

 

Sehun just pressed his lips against hers.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++