009

The Untouchables

“Yes, it was….painful.” Chaeyeon nodded as the doctor checked her bruise and lip.

“Well, it’s good it was cleaned pretty well, it prevented the swelling.”

She just nodded and took the results from him.

“Everything is okay with the results, ma’am, and~”

Her phone started to ring; she gave her an apologetic smile and gave him a small wave before leaving the clinic.

She looked at screen, she winced before sliding the green icon across.

Oppa, hi.

I got a surprise for you.

Aren’t you going to yell at me? I just blew my cover here.” She spoke as she walked.

I know, your agency called, they said they’ll be sending someone over to discuss things.

She nodded, she glanced as she noticed the two glass doors ahead of her, it clearly led to a sky garden of some sort.

So, about the surprise?” She cleared .

I got a letter from KAIST, well it’s for you but they sent it to my office.

Really? What did it say?

Her older brother was referring to Korea Advanced Institute of Technology, it was like South Korea’s MIT.

You got in their PhD Integrated Program, baby!

She smiled to herself.

I didn’t know you even applied.

It was one time, while on tour, manager Li aksed me what I wanted to do if I ever got a break from touring. Then he started bringing out these app forms.” She said as she pushed the glass doors open, she noticed three males talking by the giant beach umbrella.

Well, congratulations, Chae.

“Thanks, oppa. I’ll call you back in a few.”

“Keep out of trouble.” He reminded before ending the call.

 

 

“Hey, you thieving manipulative rich kids!”

Kyungsoo blinked and looked up, Kai chuckled and waved Chaeyeon over.

“You look..better.” Kyungsoo studied her face, she smiled at him.

“How was your check up?” Chanyeol asked her.

“It was..okay. Surprisingly, no broken bones.” She mused, then she looked around them.

“Are you guys discussing private Robin Hood missions? Then, I should go.” She said carefully.

Kai couldn’t help but smile; somehow the girl was already comfortable with them.

“You sure you can go alone? You were mobbed downstairs.” Chanyeol spoke, Kyungsoo looked at her.

“I can take a cab or something.”

“I can drive you.” Kai hummed and slung one arm around her neck, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and took his arm off her.

“No thanks, you flirt. I need to grab a drink actually, and no I’m not inviting you, Kai.” She cut him off before he could speak, Chanyeol laughed.

“How do you deal with the greedy BOD though? I can’t stand those old men.” Then she paused and looked at the three.

“Could you steal their stocks for me?” She asked.

“Nope.” Kyungsoo shook his head and gently nudged her to the direction of the doors.

“I’ll call the front desk to get a taxi for you.” He told her as she walked, Kai waved at her.

 

 

 

“I don’t think she’d approve of this.” Sehun said as Suho and Chen approached Chaeyeon’s house. Men were already starting to install security cameras on her driveway.

“It’s just for the time being and she’s under our care now. Since we got her into this mess.” Suho said, just then a taxicab pulled to a stop behind Sehun, he glanced behind her.

“Hey, brat.” Chaeyeon said as she slid down the cab.

“Chaeyeon~”

She saw the people working around her house.

“What’s this?” She spoke, Suho approached her.

Sehun followed the girl to the front door.

“I don’t remember ever asking~”

“It’s for your safety, we discussed about this. Since your connection to us has given you trouble, we decided to keep you safe.”

“Huh? Is this some sort masochistic~”

“Let him finish.” Sehun spoke, she rolled her eyes at him.

“Look, fine, do whatever you want. Just don’t install them inside the house because if you do I will kill you.” She sighed before getting inside the house, Suho blinked. Sehun smirked before following the girl in.

 

 

“Hi, sweetheart.” Chaeyeon kissed the top of Darth Vader’s head before heading towards the kitchen; she shook off her blazer, revealing a black sleeveless top that hugged her frame nicely.

“Cheap beer and pop star Kang Chaeyeon.”

A male voice commented just as she opened her first can, she looked up.

“How’d you get in?” She stared at him, Sehun shrugged.

“I don’t understand, how are you so okay with all these?” He asked her flatly.

“Okay with what? You guys installing cameras at my house? Oh, I am annoyed by that. I’m just not up for dealing with more today.” She said before taking a long sip, Sehun glanced at the clock. He sighed and reached for the can and kept it out of her reach, he looked at her pointedly.

“Fine.” She sighed and faced him.

“What you guys do might be a little vigilante-ish, but you have a cause, and its honorable. And I wont spill, like I promised, I just hope~” She saw a black van pull over.

“I’ll get back to you.” She nodded at him before dashing out of the house; Sehun glanced at the window and cursed under his breath before walking after her.

 Chaeyeon watched as her manager stepped down from the van.

Manager Li!” She grinned at him as he started walking towards her, then before the male could speak to her, a tall frame blocked her view.

“The last time we checked Diamond Village does not allow visitors.” Sehun spoke, Chaeyeon paused.

“Sehun~”

Sehun raised one hand, four men dressed in dark suits surrounded him and manager Li.

Chaeyeon balked.

“Ya, Samsung Lotte brat? That’s my manager.”

Sehun glanced at her, his eyes flat and unapologetic.

“Pop star, remember?” She met his gaze, the circle of guards loosened as Sehun stepped back from manager Li, who looked frightened as hell.

“Maybe you should paint your van gold.” He said as he walked back to the house.

“Good idea.” She shrugged before facing her manager again.

I’m guessing you made new friends?” The male asked and swallowed.

You mean big mistakes?” She shook her head before leading him to the house. She glanced to her left and found Chen waving at her with a screwdriver in hand.

They seem…nice.” Manager Li commented.

 

Oh, they are. Very nice people.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++