033

The Untouchables

 

Chaeyeon stilled, Sehun’s eyes were still on her face as she diverted gaze.

“What are you saying?” She muttered as she tried to pull away, but Sehun just tugged her back.

“I think you know what I’m saying.” He said conversationally, Chaeyeon bit her lip and looked away. Sehun’s expression softened and he smiled as he lifted his head to kiss the side of her head.

“I think I’ll eat now.” He said, Chaeyeon nodded and quickly sat up, he chuckled as he saw how she rushed to get the tray of food from the table.

“I—I’ll get going now. Get well soon.” She said as she set the tray down, she turned away from him but before she could reach the door, Sehun had slid down from the bed and in three strides he reached her and grabbed her arm.

“Hyung was a little unfair,” He said softly as he made her face him.

“I saw you first.” He smiled and took her hand in his.

“You’re going to have to take responsibility for this, topstar-nim.” He said as he placed her palm on the left side of his chest.

“Huh?” Chaeyeon blinked.

“Because I like you. And I’m serious about you.”

 


 

“I wanna go home.” Chaeyeon blinked as her manager sat across her.

What? But the company already agreed you could take up to six months of resting. And, Chaeyeon-ah, this year has been really~

“Ge, don’t I have any schedules left?” She pleaded.

No…nothing left, you asked me to clear it out. And I did, the only one left it that company party you badly wanted to perform at.

Chaeyeon looked up.

Jung Jaeguk’s party.

The things you ordered, I had them all loaded in your car. What do you need those for anyway?

I was planning to play dress up…but that’s going to be a little awkward now.

Really? Nine sets of clothes for men.

She just grinned at the older male, manager Li then stood up and patted her shoulder.

I need to fly back to Taiwan. Take care of yourself.

Chaeyeon pouted at him, he just chuckled before picking up his bag and leaving the café.

 

 

Jules?” Chaeyeon picked up the phone as she got inside the car.

I kind of need to fly to Macau for a bit.

She sighed.

“But you just got here, oppa.” She mumbled.

I know, but only for a couple of days. Are you going to be okay alone?

“That’s how it’s been ever since I arrived here.” She pointed out dryly as she started the car.

“Then why are you being clingy? You have friends right across the street.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Because two of them has feelings for you, right?” Julien chuckled, Chaeyeon didn’t reply.

Look, I’m not going to force you to choose one, but honestly, what are you afraid of? You’ve been avoiding them, Chaeyeon. That’s not good.

Oppa, you do know about my last relationship, right? I things up, you know that.

Well he was a ed up guy, Chae. Not your fault.

She leaned back on her seat.

“Oppa,”

“I’ve met them, and they seem like good people. Those type of guys..you should have met them first.”

“Are you trying to marry off for a merger?” She sighed, Julien grunted.

“I’m being serious. No need to be scared, they’re nothing like Kris.”

“So, stop avoiding them, okay? It’s going to hurt not just you but them as well.”

You know you’re so sure that there’s more than one of them.” She pointed out.

I’m not blind, Chaeyeon.

She didn’t reply but she just chortled.

You always get in trouble with tall guys, Chae. I know that.

 

 

“Guys?” Chaeyeon called as she stepped in the house, it was just three in afternoon and she kind of relieved that the house seemed empty.

She pulled the boxes of clothes into the living room and looked around the house. She sighed and took off her hoodie, she was clad in a black tank top and a pair of ripped jeans as she took out the suits, all were labeled with their names.

“Mei?”

She looked up, Lay was at the second floor, he grinned at her before going to the stairs.

“What are those?” He asked as he reached her, Lay mussed her hair before helping her with the box.

“Your clothes.” She chuckled.

“Aigoo, Xiumin hyung got us into this.” Lay chuckled as he looked at the boxes of shoes on the side.

“But anything for our princess.” Lay stood up.

“I’ll go get you something to drink, Chanyeol did say he wanted to drink some juice.” Lay said as he disappeared to the kitchen

Chaeyeon panicked, she rushed after Lay.

“Chanyeol oppa’s here~” She skidded to a stop when Chanyeol entered from the poolside door, he was just clad in a pair of board shorts and a towel was hanging around his neck. Tiny droplets of water fell from his hair to his chest.

“Yeah, I’m here.” Chanyeol replied, his voice deeper than usual. Chaeyeon took a few steps back then she halted when she hit something sturdy.

“I thought you had work today.” Sehun commented as he looked down to meet her gaze evenly, he had a pair of basketball shorts on and no shirt. He was a little sweaty.

Chaeyeon balked and winced.

“Were you playing basketball with Baekhyun and Chen?” Lay asked from the kitchen.

 “Chaeyeon-ah?” Chanyeol took another step towards her; she backed up and collided into Sehun again.

“Kang Chaeyeon? Topstar-nim? Kim Jongin’s baby girl? Are you there?” Sehun asked again.

Chanyeol glanced at him briefly.

Why is everyone topless today?!

 

“I—I had to deliver some..things. I’ll get going.” She stuttered, she sidestepped Sehun before running towards the door and across the street.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++