028

The Untouchables

 

 

“Oppa!” Chaeyeon stood up as the male entered the room, the female staff eyed the male with interest.

“Good luck and congratulations, Kang Chaeyeon,” Chanyeol chuckled before hugging the girl.

“Are you all here? That doesn’t exactly make me feel less jumpy.” She murmured before pulling away. Chanyeol chuckled before brushing her hair away from her face, then he paused.

“How did you grow your hair so fast?” He blinked, she laughed.

“I have extensions on oppa, and I~”

“This just arrived for you, ma’am.” A male entered the room carrying a medium sized box.

Chaeyeon took the box from him and opened it, then she screamed.

“Chaeyeon!”

She had dropped the box and its contents spilled, her two stylists jumped away.

There was a pile of dead rats now scattered on the floor.

Chanyeol’s eyes went to the note that came with the box.

STAY IN YOUR PLACE, KANG CHAEYEON.

 

 

 

 

“What?!” Kyungsoo’s brows met.

“Dead rats? They sent her dead rats? They are so dead.” Kai muttered darkly as they took their seats across the stage.

“But, clearly the sender was telling her something.” Suho said calmly.

“Stay in your place, Kang Chaeyeon.” Chanyeol said again. Then the stadium lights dimmed, Baekhyun and Chen joined the fans as they started howling.

Sehun just silently leaned back on his seat. A short VCR started playing, and the show started with Chaeyeon descending to the stage.

Then she started singing and dancing, Suho looked horrified at how skimpy her costumes were that Kyungsoo had to stop him from taking his coat off and walking towards the girl to drape it around her.

 

 

“Encore! Encore! Encore!” The loud echoes could still be heard as Chaeyeon made her way to her dressing room, she was smiling as she bowed at the staff as they passed.

“All-kill, mei. All-kill!” Manager Li cheered as he handed her a face towel.

None of these would be possible without you and the staff, ge. So thank you.

She opened the door and her manager halted, she followed his gaze.

“Hey, brat.” She grinned at Sehun as she started to take off her thigh high boots. Sehun was seated on the white chaise, he looked serious.

“Are you okay? Chanyeol hyung said~”

“Those dead mice? I can’t do anything about it. Honestly, I don’t even know what to think about it.” She sighed as the make up artist retouched her makeup.

“Do you have to be at that after party?” Sehun asked quietly, she glanced up and studied his face.

“I mean, we could have dinner at the HQ. Barbeque, drinks and usual chaos.” He shrugged at her, his fingers laced around the ends of her hair.

“Unnie, can you tell the press I injured my ankle and can’t attend the party? I’ll take care of my makeup.” She said, the female nodded and left the room.

Sehun blinked at her.

She stood up and took the space beside him.

“What’s bothering you? I remember you barging in my house a few days ago, looking troubled. Just like how you are now.”

Sehun made a face at her, he reached for her discarded sneakers.

“And I know about Chaeri. And you. And Kai.” She said quietly, Sehun paused for a moment, he proceeded to kneel down before her and gestured for her to put her feet in the sneakers.

“Her being back….it’s the reason why you’re..being odd, huh?” She asked as his slender fingers deftly tied her shoelaces.

“No.” He replied and stood up, he picked up her leather duffel and hoodie.

“It’s you.”

She paused before standing up.

“I’m bothering you? Sehun you’re inside my dressing room.” She pointed out. He chuckled.

“Your safety. Jang Jaeguk is plotting against you. It bothers me.”

She just smiled and stood up.

“I’m fine, Oh Sehun. Don’t stress over it too much.” She just pushed him towards the door, Sehun looked at her.

“Anyway, the show was perfect, Chae. Although Suho hyung might nag your ears off.” He jutted towards the skimpy mini dress she had donned earlier, Chaeyeon just laughed.

“Now, time to escape this place.” Sehun offered his hand to her; she just nodded and placed her hand in his.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++