011

The Untouchables

 

 

Chaeyeon stared at her laptop, it was already eleven in the evening and she had just stepped out of the shower.

1.  Summit Ball   6 PM Friday

 

2. Luncheon with KangSan executives

* note from VP Kang: Please bring a date, Chae. Ask Joohyuk to come with you.

 

She shook her head and shut the laptop close, she stood up from her desk and looked for her pet, he was already inside her room, sleeping on his cot. She smiled as she walked to her bed; it was then when she heard it.

A loud crash and windows being broken.

She ran to her room’s veranda and gasped.

 

 

Chanyeol winced as he pushed the male off him. The male coughed as he landed on the grass harshly, Chanyeol was quick to stand, he glanced to his left, Kai had pushed the masked male who was trying to choke him.

“Hyung, the data!” Sehun was standing by the front door, the front of his shirt had specks of blood on it. Emergency lights and alarm started to go off, their security started to appear and haul the two males up.

“There’s three of them,” Kai winced as he walked to the older male.

“Chaeyeon!”

They all looked up, Chaeyeon was holding onto a steel flashlight, panting, the male who was trying to hit Chen with a baseball bat, was lying on the ground, unconscious.

“Hi.” Chaeyeon muttered before dropping the flashlight on the ground.

 

 

“Why did you come out? It wasn’t safe.” Kai’s tone was serious.

“Do you think it’s better for me to watch and just let Chen struggle?” She questioned, Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other.

“Why are you guys still here? I thought you had your own houses?” She asked.

“We had some work we need to finish.” Chanyeol replied, Sehun’s brows met briefly.

“Is everything alright?” She asked, taking note of Kai’s bruise and Chanyeol’s bleeding hand.

“Kyungsoo has a first aid kit somewhere, right?” She said as she walked towards the front door, Chen’s brows met but they just followed the girl.

 

 

“I am starting to regret ever meeting you guys.” Chaeyeon said as she opened the cupboard, she eyed the first aid kit, which was on the top shelf.

“Oh, yeah?” A deep voice came from behind her, Chanyeol grinned and took the kit and placed it on the table.

“Show off.” She muttered darkly.

“Let me see your face, Kai.” She said as she joined them in the living room.

“I’m okay, Chae~”

“No arguing.” She commented as she sat beside him and stared at his bruise.

She just shook her head and expertly took out the ointment and gently placed some on his cheek.

“You look like you’ve done this a lot.” Chen commented, she just ignored him, but Sehun noticed how her brows met briefly.

“Awwe, you’re worried about me, babe. Thanks.” Kai winked at her as she pulled away.

“Right at ya, boo.” She sighed and moved onto Chanyeol.

“Well, this is nasty.” She said as she grabbed his hand, Chanyeol blinked at her.

“So,” She started as she placed his hand on her knee as she took out some cleaning pads.

“What did those men want?” She asked them, as soon as she called 911, police arrived and took the culprits.

“They were wanting to get inside our main…office.” Chanyeol said carefully, she nodded and gently blew on his wound. He flinched.

“I have to clean this.” She murmured, Chanyeol just watched as the girl remove the bits of soil on his hand. He was so aware of his hand on hers, it made him a little uncomfortable.

“How are things with work?” Chen asked her.

“The article? People have dumbed me down, and by people I mean KangSan’s BOD.”

Kai snorted.

“They should try being you then. Maybe they’ll learn something.” Chanyeol commented then he flinched as Chaeyeon put on a band-aid on his cut.

Then she stared at his face, Chanyeol tensed, and then she smiled as she playfully pushed his bangs away from his face.

“Oppa, you should do this hairstyle. I like your forehead.” She grinned before standing up.

“She’s an oddball too, can we keep her?” Kai pleaded, Sehun just shook his head at his friend.

 

“Now, you’re all set.” She nodded as she eyed Chanyeol’s bandaged hand and Kai’s cheek.

“Thanks, doc.” Chen mused before mussing her hair and going to the main office.

“Would love to walk you home, boo. But we gotta interview those intruders from earlier.” Kai winked at her before heading to the backdoor.

“Interview?” She echoed.

“Come on~”

“Oh, no need to walk me home. Good night, boys.” She walked to the door and quickly left, Chanyeol nodded to himself and followed Kai.

Sehun walked to windows and watched Chaeyeon opened the door to her house and was greeted by her dog, he pulled away just as she got inside her house.

 

 

“I’m not going to work today.” Sehun said crankily as Chanyeol stepped out of kitchen, they had decided to stay at RBHD and check if they were missing something.

“I have a meeting at noon, tell Chen and Kai to clean up.” He said as he walked towards the front door, he stepped out of the house.

He had changed into a fresh set of clothes, black slim fit slacks, white dress shirt and a burgundy leather jacket.

He just got on the driver’s seat of his McLaren when the front door opened and a strong wave of perfume hit him.

“Chaeyeon?” He blinked at the girl, she smiled at him.

“Can you give me a ride to the studio?” She asked, Chanyeol started the car.

“Your car broke down?” He asked as the engine purred to life.

“No, the agency told me not to use my car, since it doesn’t match my image and I just found out I have a photo shoot.”

Chanyeol just grinned as they moved forward.

“Seatbelt, Chaeyeon.” He reminded her as they left the subdivision’s premises. She nodded and strapped it on.

“That cut still looks nasty.” Chaeyeon’s fingers went on the reddish pink skin around the band-aid.

“It’s okay, Chaeyeon.”

“It’s not okay when these bad people try to stop you guys from doing the right things. It’s dirty, why can’t they just own up to their mistakes?”

Chanyeol glanced at her briefly.

“So, it’s not okay, tower.” She playfully punched his arm, Chanyeol chuckled.

 

 

Chanyeol put the car to a stop, Chaeyeon slid down from the car and he followed her.

“Thanks, Park Chanyeol.” She smiled as she faced him, Chanyeol nodded, he noticed a white sedan pull over behind them, three males slid down from the car.

“How will you get home then?” He asked her, noticing the purplish bruise on her ring finger.

“I can just get a cab or my manager’s here, he can drive me.”

Chanyeol’s eyes went to the males again, they were all glancing at Chaeyeon furtively.

“Anyway, I’ll see you when I see you, oppa.” She waved at him and started to walk towards the building, Chanyeol leaned against his car and saw the three males follow her to the glass doors.

His brows rose.

“Hey, Chae!”

She paused and turned, the three males moved out of her way and went straight for the doors, but Chanyeol didn’t miss the looks they sent each other.

He smiled at her as he approached; he wrapped one arm around her waist and started to pull her to the doors.

“I wanna see you all made up and not in sweats. You know, for a change.” He grinned at her, he glanced over his shoulder, the three males were hesitating.

“Huh.” Her eyes narrowed at him.

“I can stay, right?” He asked as they got in the elevator.

“Of course, you probably own this building.” She shrugged.

“No, Xiumin hyung does.” He replied, his cold harsh eyes went to the males just before the doors closed.

“So, you’re my boyfriend now? Not Kyungsoo? I kind of like being a doctor’s girlfriend.”

 

“That would break Kai’s heart, Chae.” He mused at her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++