014

The Untouchables

 

Chaeyeon slid down from the car, she noticed the general manager rushing to her.

“Ma’am~”

“I’m not going to hear your protocols.” She said as she tossed him the car key.

“I don’t see the valet, park it for me, will you?” She smiled at him before entering the lobby.

“Good morning, young miss.” Employees greeted her as she passed, her brows rose briefly and smiled.

She got inside the elevator with her brother’s secretary.

“I just had an idea.” She spoke.

“What is it, young miss?” He asked, she smirked.

“Call oppa in thirty minutes.” She said simply as the doors opened.

 

 

Chanyeol stared at his mother blankly, Suho glanced at his cousin.

“Marriage?” He echoed, the elder Park nodded.

“You will be meeting her later tonight, I’m expecting you to be there.” She said before standing up, Suho smiled as his aunt left the room.

“Chanyeol-ah~”

“Not now, hyung.”

“I thought you knew about it.”

“I heard about it from her secretary, but I didn’t know it would really happen.” Chanyeol loosened his tie, Suho’s brows met briefly.

“I talked to them about it, I told them I didn’t want to do it.” Chanyeol spoke and walked to the window, his shoulders tensed. Suho’s phone buzzed, Chanyeol’s cell started to ring in his pocket.

“Hyung, Chaeyeon…just appointed herself as…acting vice president of KangSan.” Chanyeol spoke.

“She’s calling me.” Suho blinked.

 

 

 

“Director Kang, we have to release a statement regarding director Song and Jin!” Chaeyeon was urged again, she just sat on her seat.

“Even though if they have proof against them, we should find out who blackmailed them.”

“Blackmail?” She echoed.

“Yes, they’re calls were wiretapped, and somehow the person got a copy of their emails.”

Her lips quirked up slightly.

“Why are you all looking at me?” She asked.

“Ma’am, you are the only one authorized to release a statement.” The older male said politely, the others nodded in unison.

She leaned forward and slowly tapped her tapped her fingers on the table.

“You want me to help them?”

“Yes, director. They’ve been with the company for~”

“But did any of you help me when I was being attacked by rumors?”

The room turned eerily quiet, there was something in her tone that made everyone freeze.

“I was called a celebrity with no brain but has money, my educational background was toyed with, I even heard some of you contacted magazines just to write articles about me. You asked them to make me look dumb and incapable.”

“Ma’am, that was~”

“So why should I help two men who have been stealing from the company for over three years?” She stood up.

“Director, it could affect the company’s image~”

“I’ll release a statement today. KangSan will not be making any move to cover up for Song Moonhee and Jin Yeran. As of now, KangSan is cutting off all ties with them, all of their stocks will stay in place. Nobody is to take their positions yet.” She said in a cold tone that somehow reminded them of her late grandfather.

“And I will be taking my brother’s position in this branch, I am your acting vice president now. Whoever has anything against the things I said, you’re free to leave.” She said before leaving the room.

 

 

“Chaeyeon?”

She sighed as she got in the car.

“Hi, oppa.”

“What did you do?”

“Nothing that would expose Robin Hood, but,”

“But what?”

She started the car and placed her bag on the seat beside her.

“I just released a statement, guess who is KangSan’s new director is.” She mused as she stepped on the gas.

“..Nobody? Since you..had them swept out..?”

She chuckled as she reached the main road.

“Where are you going? Lunch?”

“No, I have dance rehearsals and recording this afternoon.”

“So, you wont be home early?” He asked.

“Yeah, about the director thing…”

“What?”

“I need to borrow one of you for a bit.” She said shyly, Suho laughed.

“We can talk about it tomorrow. Breakfast, yes?”

“Thanks, oppa. You’re the best!” She grinned before ending the call. Chaeyeon looked at her phone’s screen and noticed Baekhyun had sent her something.

She opened the email and blinked.

PARK CHANYEOL OF SAMSUNG GROUP TO WED THIS YEAR!

 

“Oh, no.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++