024

The Untouchables

 

“How is it?”

Chanyeol turned around as soon as he heard her voice. Chaeyeon was standing before him, with a small unsure smile on her face, she was wearing a baby pink mid-length dress that hugged her figure nicely, her hair was down in soft curls and a pair of pearl earrings hung on her ears.

“I was debating with unnie whether I should go with the whole Kang Chaeyeon stage makeup, but just minimal eyeliner will do.” She mused as she pulled the hem of her skirt slightly and showed him the pair of stilettos she chose.

“Usually, I would go for three inches, but I’m going with you, so five inch Manolos it is.” She explained, Chanyeol chuckled as he stepped to her.

“It’s missing something.” He said, Chaeyeon glanced at the mirror and studied her reflection.

“I..don’t think so~”

Chanyeol chuckled as he took out something from his pocket, then he leaned over, Chaeyeon felt her fingertips brush her nape briefly then he pulled away.

“It’s a thank you gift.” He voice had gone deeper than usual as Chaeyeon touched the string of pearls around her neck.

“Oppa, I can’t~”

“You can, Kang Chaeyeon.”

She paused, not knowing what to say. Chanyeol smiled and brushed her hair away from her cheek.

“Will we be seeing the others there too?” She cleared , Chanyeol nodded and shook off his black jacket, revealing a burgundy colored dress shirt. She instantly smiled.

“I’ll get the car around, wait for me at the entrance, okay?” He said as he draped her jacket around her before leaving.

 

 

“How do you think she’ll fare? She hates social events.” Chen grinned, Suho shook his head.

“It’s their first public debut as a couple. That’s something none of us has ever done before.” Xiumin nodded.

“Quite exciting.” Baekhyun mused as he took a small sip from his drink. They were already at the party, waiting for their other friends.

And as usual, ensconced in their own table, not minding to socialize even for a bit.

“It’s a suicide mission.” Kyungsoo stated.

“Aigoo, our sunshine.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, then the room turned quiet, Suho glanced up.

Chanyeol and Chaeyeon had just entered the room.

 

 

“2 years, right?” Chaeyeon whispered just as Chanyeol’s parents approached them.

“Yeah, you didn’t like me at first because I came from a rich family.” Chanyeol murmured.

“That’s something I really don’t get. I mean, what kind of woman would not want you, oppa? You’re tall, handsome, successful and~”

“Chaeyeon, please.” He almost sighed, she just smiled just as the elders reached them.

“Eomma, appa, this is~”

“Chaeyeon, finally!” His mother greeted her with a hug, Chaeyeon paused and hugged her back.

“It’s finally nice to meet you, ma’am.” She gave her a polite bow.

“Ma’am? Call us uncle and auntie.” Mister Park shook her hand.

“Yes, nice to meet you, uncle. I’m sorry if we caused so much trouble.” She said sheepishly, Chanyeol nodded beside her.

“Don’t be sorry, we’re actually annoyed with Chanyeol. How could he hide you from us for two years? Two years!”

“Well…it’s a little difficult, eomma. You know what she does.” Chanyeol smiled and winced as his mother slapped his arm. Chaeyeon chuckled.

 

 

 

“They do look good together.” Lay pointed out, Kai looked up.

Suho sent the younger male a look, Sehun was talking with Kyungsoo quietly.

“What, hyung?” Lay asked.

“Sehun..Sehun I think there’s something going on between him and Chae.” Suho stated.

“Good to know I wasn’t the only one who saw it.” Xiumin murmured.

 

 

“I’m going to get the other records letter, till then, I cant really say anything.” Kyungsoo said.

“But, hyung, you saw the photos too. I don’t think those are just injuries from practice. She has burn marks.” Sehun insisted, his brows met as he spoke.

“Sehun-ah….what are you thinking?” Kyungsoo met his gaze.

“What you’re also thinking.” Sehun’s fists curled on his glass before leaning back on his seat.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stepped out and inhaled deeply. The event was pretty much okay to her but dealing with too many people somehow gave her a small headache. She put down her glass of white wine and shook her head.

“Hey, babe.”

She glanced behind her, Kai and Sehun were standing by the doors.

“What is it?” She asked, a little unsure on what the two wanted.

“Myeongdong?” Kai asked her with a wink.

“Actually, Chanyeol hyung told us that he told you about Lee Chaeri.” Sehun said bluntly.

“You didn’t have to be so forward about it.” Kai muttered before taking her hand and pulling her with them.

“I’m just glad you two maintained your friendship.” She said, Sehun smiled and draped his jacket around her.

“Then, how about we get you of this revealing thing, Sehun packed comfortable clothes for you, you know. And you can change and we can hit up the road.”

“Wow, you think my dress is revealing? Wow. Where did the other Kai go?” She mused, then her forehead furrowed.

“People should look at your face, not your chest.” Sehun nodded, he was about to poke her cheek, when Chaeyeon’s body started leaning on him heavily, and then her eyes rolled back, her head was about to hit the marble floor when Sehun managed to support her waist.

“Chaeyeon-ah!” Kai panicked, Sehun lifted her up.

 

“Call 911 and ask Kyungsoo hyung to come out.” Sehun stated calmly as he started to brisk walk towards the elevators.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++