002

The Untouchables

 

Young miss,

She looked up and received the face towel from the flight attendant. She unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned against her knees.

She winced as she accidentally hit her elbow against seat, her eyes landed on her laptop beside her. Her swollen eyes and bruised left cheek greeted her.

She was beyond angry. Her brother basically had her hauled to private jet to South Korea. And not even her agency or manager knows, she had no idea what to do now. But the folder lying across her seemed to have everything she needed to know.

She leaned over and yanked it open.

There was a home address printed on paper, a picture of a modern two-storey penthouse and legal documents regarding KangSan’s major stocks on two large companies.

She just shook her head and tossed the folder away from her.

 

 

“What’s this?” Suho questioned as he stepped in the dining room, his friends glanced at him.

“It’s all over the news, sir.” One of their maids replied to him.

“Huh?” Lay looked up from his food, Suho had his eyes on the wall mounted TV screen across them.

“It’s about this famous actor, he was caught beating his girlfriend.” Chen shrugged and started to eat.

“Then he should go to hell.” Kyungsoo shrugged, Kai nodded and sat beside the older male.

“And this is relevant, why?” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“His girlfriend happens to be Asia’s Beyoncé or something.” Chen pointed towards the screen, and then it occurred to Suho that they were watching a Chinese news broadcast.

“What are they saying?” He asked Lay.

“He’s going to be investigated, the female celebrity actually fled the country or something.” Lay nodded before picking up his utensils.

“When are we starting Plan B?” Chanyeol spoke, Minseok and Baekhyun stopped talking.

Sehun smirked.

“Tonight.”

 

 

Chaeyeon stared at the house blankly.

“So you’re saying that this is a district within another district? What?” She blinked twice.

“Yes, this is Diamond Town.”

“Wow, creative.” She said flatly, her brother’s secretary grinned at her.

“Right now, there are only around twenty families living in the subdivision.” He informed her as they approached the two-storey townhouse. She glanced at her Cartier wristwatch, it was almost six in the evening.

“Young miss, if you wish to~”

They entered the house, Chaeyeon automatically headed for the staircase.

“No need, I’ll be making dinner for myself. I’ll go change and go out for a jog.” She said without facing the male, she made her way to the master’s bedroom and found her clothes have been arranged and her vanity already set.

She started to take off her shoes, then she heard her phone buzz. She glanced at the screen before heading to the closet to change.

 

 

“He’s been tricking his in-laws into investing in this mining project,” Chen stated as he read the document.

“But,” A photo appeared on the LCD screen.

“The address fake, the law firm he’s using is fake and the permits to operate are all fake.”

“So, he just basically tricked his in-laws into giving him money.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Billions.” Kyungsoo put the folder down.

“We have to vote in. Which hospital?” Kai leaned forward. Sehun and Lay looked at each other.

“There’s a child in Gyeonggi-do, cerebral palsy.” Sehun took out his iPad and handed it to Chen.

“Then, it’s decided.” Baekhyun rubbed his hands together.

 

 

Chaeyeon stepped out of her house, she was dressed in a Nike sports bra and running leggings. She put on her Bluetooth headphones as she stepped down the steps, then she noticed the house across hers.

It was painted in shades of black and gray.

“What a dark house.” She muttered to herself, then she started to stretch.

Chaeyeon put her headphones on max volume as she started to run, she felt a little happy when the cool night breeze brushed her cheeks.

You’re ungrateful . I put up with you all the time, I always have to adjust for you!

Her brows furrowed, she had no idea what was wrong with him, but he was all she had left. He was the only who listened to her. He was the only who knew her worth.

She noticed a small 7-Eleven a few meters ahead of her, she paused, it was somewhat oddly placed. She started to walk towards the store, she took out her phone as she approached the doors.

“Welcome!” She was greeted by the cashier quietly, before she could speak she felt a solid weight bump her shoulder, causing for her to drop her phone.

.” She muttered under her breath, she was about lean down when a hand stopped her and the male picked up her phone instead.

She looked up nervously, afraid she’d be recognized. But the male had just given her a polite smile and handed her phone back.

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?” He asked her, Chaeyeon stared at him.

“I am, thank you.” She nodded, the male sidestepped her and walked towards his waiting car. Chaeyeon watched as he approached his waiting Mercedes.

 

 

“Guess what, hyung.” Kai spoke.

“Hmmm.” Baekhyun said as he balanced his phone between his ear and shoulder as he made his way to the dining hall.

“Remember how last night Kyungsoo left early?”

“Yeah.” He replied as he poured himself a glass of milk.

“He said he has to check on a patient, right?” Kai was hyped and it was odd. Kai was not a morning person, Baekhyun paused. He reached for his phone and saw that Chen had sent him a link to a website.

“Kai~”

“He met up with his girlfriend, it’s on the news!”

It was at that moment when Baekhyun opened the link and saw the photos, he spat his milk and started to laugh.

 

 

“Daebak. She’s hot one too! Did Do Kyungsoo threaten her into dating him?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++