012

The Untouchables

 

Chanyeol was seated a few meters away from Chaeyeon as makeup artists crowded around her.

His phone buzzed and he picked it up.

“Hyung,”

“Those guys you caught last night, Kyungsoo…is finished with them.” Suho spoke calmly, but Chanyeol could hear the worry in his tone, then he saw Xiumin walked in the place, his brows rose.

“Chaeyeon asked me to run a check on KangSan for her….I understand you’re together?”

“Yes, hyung. I noticed these guys following her around, so I decided to stay for a bit.”

“Well, someone has been targeting her, and it’s someone big, Yeol.”

His brows met briefly.

“What’s the decision? She’s not exactly~”

“We casted a vote, she’s one of us now.” Suho spoke meaningfully, Chanyeol glanced at Chaeyeon, she was dressed in a pale pink dress that cascaded on her curvy frame.

“Cool.” Chanyeol nodded as Xiumin reached him, Chaeyeon saw him and waved.

“President!” One of the staff recognized him and bowed, Chaeyeon blinked and grinned.

“Hey, sajangnim!” She said as she walked to him, Xiumin grinned and took her hand.

“Now you finally look like Kang Chaeyeon the top star.”  He teased.

“Try to keep your eyes on her for a bit. We can talk about things later.” Suho said with finality, Chanyeol put his phone down.

“So, what do you think?” Chaeyeon nudged him.

“You know, you used to be shy and aloof around us, odd.” Xiumin mused.

“Get used to it.” She winked at the two before following her manager to meet the photographer.

“Got Suho’s call?” Xiumin asked him.

“She is somehow now a part of us.” Chanyeol said carefully.

“I’m okay with it. She’s different.” Xiumin said.

“I know, hyung.”

 

 

The shoot went on smoothly, Chaeyeon had changed into a pair of skinny jeans that fit her perfectly and a white crop top, she was standing in front of the camera, smiling.

Chanyeol watched from afar, she was a natural in front of the camera, she was grinning as the photographer a little.

“Okay, that’s the end for now!”

Chaeyeon was handed a bottle of water before she stepped out behind the lights.

“That’s it?” He asked her as he vacated the seat and gestured for her to sit down.

“Yeah, it’s for the poster of the concert, I have a shoot tomorrow, but it’s an outdoor one.” She replied, then she looked around.

“Oppa, can we go get coffee? You’re not busy, right?”

“Actually, I kind of need to go. I have a meeting, but don’t worry, I asked one of the guys to come pick you up.” Chanyeol replied, Chaeyeon made a face as she took off her heels.

“Okay, but,” She took out her phone and opened the camera app.

“Unnie, take a picture of us!” She asked as one of the staff passed by, Chaeyeon went by his side and hooked one arm around his. Chanyeol blinked but he just faced the camera.

“Okay, smile!”

“Here you go, Chaeyeon.” The female stepped away from them, Chaeyeon beamed as she looked at the photo.

“You can go now, CEO-nim.” She mused at him.

“Arasso, top star-nim. Be safe.” He mussed her hair before walking towards the doors, Chaeyeon smiled then she looked around her, most of the female emplyees were eyeing Chanyeol appreciatively.

“Aigoo.”

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t need me to drop you home? People actually know you’re in Seoul.” Manager Li asked again as they reached the lobby.

I’m sure, ge. Besides, I don’t want to aggravate my new friends. They’re pretty scary.” She grinned as she put on her oversized sunglasses as they stepped out of the glass doors.

Right, your new friends scare me.” He nodded, just then a black Maserati Ghibli halted before them.

Chaeyeon blinked at the car, then the driver slid down and looked at her.

“You done?” Sehun said as he walked to her, he was clad in an all black suit and a toned dress shirt.

“Yeah, Chanyeol called you?” She asked.

“Suho hyung’s a bit busy.” Sehun replied as he opened the door for her, Chaeyeon’s manager and staff backed away and Sehun glanced at them.

“Nice ride, brat.” She teased as she got on the seat.

“Vroom vroom.” He smirked at her before closing the door.

 

 

“I don’t understand, how will you balance all that?” Sehun spoke as they stepped out of the coffee shop, he was holding onto his Americano while Chaeyeon sipped on her latte.

“I have to. You know how messy things are.” She replied as they walked.

“I don’t understand, why do you mean messy? How come they don’t want your brother to be president?”

“Wow, you’re talking.” She mused, Sehun sent her a look.

“My brother isn’t full Korean, he’s a “halfie”. It was one time, my father had a little too much to drink while he was abroad, then a year later there was a baby at the doorstep of his dorm. He was still studying that time.”

“They don’t want him to be president because he’s not~”

“He is my brother, by blood and by legality. My mom treats him better than me actually. He’s our golden boy. But the board doesn’t like him. It’s because he’s a love child, petty, huh?” She glanced at him, Sehun’s brows met but he nodded.

“Oppa has done so much for me, I want to fix this before he comes here.” She finished, and took a small sip of her drink.

“Sounds vengeful, I like it.” Sehun mused.

“I’m not exactly used to this, you know, being in the corporate world. It’s…horrifying.” She trailed off.

“But you’ve managed to pull it off.” Sehun nudged her as they reached the sports stadium.

“Although I’m not sure if you can add sports to your list right now.” He nodded at her, she grinned at him.

“I’m here to see a friend, you don’t have to wait for me. I’ll~”

“Not take a cab, yes.” Sehun finished for her.

“Okay, you RBHD homies are starting to freak me out, first it was Chanyeol oppa staying at my shoot with Xiumin oppa constantly checking on the studio, now you, scaring off my staff and manager.” Chaeyeon was facing him, Sehun just shrugged.

“You’re one of us now, and you being the only car less CEO we know, we have to exert more effort to keep you alive, like driving you to places.”

“It’s like Uber but more luxurious.” She mused, Sehun laughed slightly.

“Go on in, I might be charge next time.” He nodded towards the entrance doors.

“A signed CD?” She bargained playfully.

“Try not to get mobbed by fans. See you at dinner.” Sehun said.

“Dinner? We have plans?”

“Suho hyung has plans. Make sure you get home safe.” Sehun gave her a short wave before she turned to the doors.

He exhaled as he finally looked at the white sedan parked a few meters away from him. It had been tailing them ever since they left the studio. He raised one hand and two males in dark suits approached him.

“Director?”

 

“Make sure she gets home safe.” He said simply before walking back to where he parked his car.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++