023

The Untouchables

 

“How bad?” Chaeyeon asked just as Sehun placed a plate of scrambled eggs on the table.

“What?” He asked as he took the seat across her.

“You didn’t look so well last night.” She said, Sehun just shrugged.

“Just…work problems.” He fibbed.

“I’m going to believe that..for now.” She mused, they heard the front door opened, Chanyeol and Lay strolled in.

“Oh, so you were here? Your secretary called us last night, he said you’ve gone awol since lunch.” Lay commented as he joined them. Chanyeol glanced at the two, his brows met briefly before taking his seat beside Chaeyeon.

“Did he spend the night?” Lay asked Chaeyeon.

“He did. Don’t worry, I let him.” She grinned before taking a bite from her toast.

“But, oppa, what brings you two here?” She asked, Lay smiled at her.

“What?” She sighed. Sehun chuckled before taking a sip of his juice.

“Actually, Chae, I have this event to attend to…and..you know,” Chanyeol faced her.

“Ah, my acting gig, right.” She nodded. Lay chuckled.

“I came here to pick you up actually, so we can prepare.” Chanyeol finished.

“But, hyung, isn’t it too early?” Sehun asked without facing him.

“I have to introduce her to my parents too, so maybe~”

“Chaeyeon and I have plans today.” Sehun looked up, Lay’s brows rose. Somehow he started wishing for the floor to swallow him up.

“Right, oppa, I did commit to Sehun today, I asked him if could show me around Myeongdong.” Chaeyeon nodded.

“Chaeyeon-ah, in the public’s eyes I’m your fiancé, you should be seen with me.” Chanyeol explained. Sehun grew tense on his seat.

Lay looked away.

“How about, I’ll just meet you at the party and~”

Sehun’s phone buzzed, it was a message, all eyes went to the device on the table. Chanyeol paused, Chaeyeon leaned over to read the name on the screen.

“Who’s Chaeri?” She asked, Lay’s eyes widened.

“She’s..back?” Lay voiced, Sehun exhaled and grabbed his phone. He fluidly stood up.

“You should go with hyung, we can reschedule. He’s more important, right?” He asked as he walked away from the table. Lay’s brows just met.

“Chaeyeon-ah~”

“Oppa, just..give me a minute. Sehun..worries me.” She said before running after him.

 

 

 

“Did you get the details?” Sehun was speaking to the phone.

“She was hospitalized a lot.” Kyungsoo said from the other end. Sehun nodded, he closed the door behind him and climbed down the steps.

“Nothing really major though, cuts, scrapes, sprains but…something’s not right.” Kyungsoo trailed off, Sehun had requested him to ask for Chaeyeon’s medical records last night.

Why?

Because when Chaeyeon fell asleep on the couch while leaning on him, he noticed she had small circular burn marks on the side of her neck also, she had scars on her elbows and near her hairline.

It didn’t look right in his eyes even though he knew she was an idol and she practiced a lot.

The places of her injuries were wrong.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“The time of her visits to the hospital~”

“Oh Sehun!” Chaeyeon was behind him, Sehun quickly hid his phone.

“Are you just going to leave?” She asked him as he stopped.

“You have that thing with Chanyeol hyung, he’s right. You guys have roles to play.” Sehun replied, he glanced at the bodyguards assigned to Chaeyeon briefly.

“But you said you wanted to talk, you look so troubled last night.”

“I was about to but you just slept. Total knock out, I tell you, topstar-nim.” He teased, but Chaeyeon just frowned at him.

“I’ll see you at dinner. Kai’s planning a barbecue party, okay?” He nudged her, Chaeyeon made a face at him.

“Arasso. Bye.” She said, Sehun squeezed her hand before walking to his car.

 

 

Chaeyeon eyed the dresses before her.

“I figured you wouldn’t want to wear black.” Chanyeol stated, the two were at a private VVIP lounge at a mall in Cheongdam.

“Have you even met you and your friends? You guys wear black all the time.” She replied darkly, he chuckled.

“Ani, the day I met you all, everyone was wearing black. Black suits, black shoes, black cars..black souls!” She continued.

“What are you saying? You want to dress us up?” Chanyeol mused as she walked over to the pairs of shoes prepared.

“That doesn’t sound so bad, oppa.” She faced him briefly.

“Just so you know, I don’t like yellow.” He pointed out as he took out his phone then he halted.

“Oppa, how about we wear something matching? Are you wearing a tux or…what’s the color of your tie?” She asked him, then she paused when he didn’t reply.

Chanyeol was never the quiet type.

“Oppa?..Is something wrong?” She asked as she noticed how his brows furrowed when he looked at his phone. She padded towards him and sat on the arm of his chair.

“What is it?” She asked him as she peeked on the screen, Chanyeol blinked and held onto her knee as she moved.

“Oh, heiress Lee Chaeri has returned to Seoul.” She read.

“Who’s Lee Chaeri? Your friend?” She asked him, placing her legs across his lap. Chanyeol shook his head.

“She….She..She’s the reason why Kai and Sehun fought.”

“..Huh?” Chaeyeon echoed.

“She used Kai just to get Sehun. That’s why…nobody talks about her.”

“But, oppa, she’s just a girl. Why would those two~”

“Sehun fell for her too, Chaeyeon. So, it’s messy.” Chanyeol said quietly. Chaeyeon sighed, she slid down from his lap.

“Oppa, I think you should wear burgundy. Not black.” She said to him.

“Okay. I’ll come back when you’re done. Be careful.” Chanyeol kissed the side of her head before leaving the room.

Chaeyeon picked up the baby pink tube dress with a sweetheart neckline and looked at her reflection.

 

“Lee Chaeri?....Where have I heard that name before?” She murmured as she started to change.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++