018

The Untouchables

 

 

“I don’t think so, unnie.” Chaeyeon said as she did the final steps again while studying her movements through the mirror before.

“Maybe the tempo?” She glanced at the older female.

“I think so, right, have you seen the set list already?” Her backup dancer for four years asked her.

“I have, it’s basically the same, but they want me to collaborate~” She stopped when she heard some the dancers whisper giddily, she glanced through the windows, Sehun was leaning against the wall, looking at her with a small smile.

“I know, I’ll call you once we finish this one. You need rest, Chaeyeon.”

She grinned at the girl before thanking the rest of her staff.

 

 

Chaeyeon pushed the door open and found Sehun, casually leaning against the wall, clad in a pair of light colored tapered slacks and a white dress shirt tucked in.

“Well, you’re early. You’re usually busier than me, odd.” She mused as she walked to him.

“No one is ever too early for fresh seafood. Or busy.” He replied as he took his rucksack from her. She made a face at him before holding onto the sleeve of his shirt as they walked.

“Kyungsoo hyung’s worried about you, he said you shouldn’t be dieting so much.” Sehun said as they approached the elevator, she just shrugged.

“Ignoring doctor’s advice~”

“Coming from Do Kyungsoo, it’s an order. Not an advice.” She pointed, Sehun chuckled.

“Good point.” He said as they got in the machine, Chaeyeon was quiet as they walked to his car.

“Are you tired?” Sehun asked her as they reached his Bugatti.

“Because of my reveal, stocks went up. But somehow, the board still manages to make me look small because I’m in the entertainment industry. I just..dont know how to work with them.” She slowed, Sehun faced her.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, well, to be honest with you.” He said softly, she looked up to meet his gaze.

“Balancing all this. Your concerts, KangSan and…Jang~ I mean the BOD.” Sehun nodded, she grinned.

“I just don’t want you to get exhausted.” Sehun pointed out as he opened the doors for her.

“Aigoo, is the Lotte heir worried about me?” She hummed, Sehun snorted.

“But, I’m serious, take care of yourself.” He said before gently pushing her towards the car.

Sehun closed the door as soon as he got in, he noticed two males walking towards a black SUV parked just across them.

His brows met briefly before going around to get on his seat.

 

 

Women glanced as the male passed by and exited the airport’s doors, he put on a pair of dark sunglasses as he approached the waiting car.

Welcome to Seoul, sir.” The chauffeur greeted him warmly.

“I can speak Korean, don’t worry.” The male smiled and shook the latter’s hand.

“I take it that it’s not your first time in the country then?”

He nodded.

“I’ve been here a few times, for work and for someone special.” He mused as he got in the car and leaned back on his seat.

“And I’m here to take her back.” He said quietly as the other male loaded his luggage in the car.

 

 

“Hmmm.” Chaeyeon murmured, Sehun glanced at her briefly, she was on his phone.

“Did something happen?”

“Samsung just released about Chanyeol already being engaged to someone else.” She shook her head.

“But, being arranged is it really difficult?” She asked.

“It is, think about it, being tied to a person you don’t love. Or if you don’t even get along with the other person.”

“Luckily, my parents aren’t~ Oh, , my parents!” She halted, Sehun laughed.

“It’s been almost two days, you just thought of that now?”

“You said it yourself, I’m too busy!” She snapped at him.

“Well, did they call you?”

“…No…Just my brother….” She sighed and rubbed her temples, Sehun smiled.

“They’re probably used to you causing trouble, that’s why they didn’t call.” He said, he eyed the side mirror and saw the SUV again, his forehead creased.

“Chaeyeon,” He said as he stretched his arm across her chest just as he took a sharp turn left, Chaeyeon yelped.

“Ya, are you trying to~”

“We’re being tailed.” He said as he glanced at the side mirror again.

“What? Since when?”

“Since we left the studio. Now there’s two of them.” Sehun said as he another SUV.

“I don’t think I have sasaeng fans.” She blinked, Sehun shook his head and just stepped on the gas.

“Vroom vroom, ….?” She offered as she noticed how his eyes had gone cold, he just shook his head and offered his other hand to her.

“Just drive~”

“If you don’t hold onto my hand, I might pull to a stop and confront them.” He spoke, his eyes not leaving the road.

It was then when Chaeyeon noticed the change in his expression; he was bothered and angry.

“If I knew it wasn’t safe I wouldn’t have offered to drive you away from town.” He spoke again, his tone flat.

“Sehun-ah,” She placed her hand over his, he squeezed it tightly.

“It’s not your fault.”

“Still.” He said quietly as they took another sharp right.

“Sehun-ah,” Her brows met, she grew worried.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll get us out of this. I just need you trust me.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++