Chapter 7

The Forlorn Promise

 

All students sat cross-legged at the hall and listened intently as the young teacher announced his greetings through the microphone. His enthusiastic voice boomed and resonated throughout the hall. Eunhee sat and rested her chin on one of her palm while listening to the teacher. His enthusiasm was quite infectious and Eunhee felt that she was getting more hyper by the second.

Eunhee’s eyes strayed from the teacher and towards Byunghun who was sitting diagonally from her. He was quite far from her but she managed to spot him a little while earlier. He was paying full attention to the man who was speaking in front. This jaw line appeared even sharper at this angle and his eyes glinted, more mischievously than ever. Byunghun seemed to sense her looking and turned. She was caught off guard and did not know what to do when he caught her stealing glances of him but he just smiled at her, so she smiled back. He waved at her and so, she waved back.

“Okay!” The teacher’s voice boomed. “I have good news!” All attention was given to the teacher.

“Our school is going to hold a camp this weekend!”

This announcement was followed by cheers from the students. The hall roared with the students’ excited voices. Byunghun turned and grinned at her. Eunhee smiled. This was going to be fun.

Eunhee mentally calculated everything in her head. Today was Monday so this weekend should be…5 days to weekend. She could barely wait and she was sure that Byunghun was feeling the same way as well.

 

Dawn’s rays sliced through the navy sky. Eunhee yawned then reached her hands out to stop the alarm clock from ringing. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked at the time. Seeing it, her eyes almost popped out from her sockets.

         “Shoot, it’s already seven!” She dashed to her bathroom and took a quick shower. School’s going to start in half an hour and here she was, still struggling to put on her socks. She raced downstairs and gave her mum a quick hug. She swung her backpack filled with stuffs for camp and her clothes over her shoulder and munched on her sandwich.

   Then, she took a piece of tissue paper and wiped it vigorously over her lips. She threw the tissue paper on the table for her mother to clean it up. What a spoilt child she was. She looked at the tissue box. She might need everything. So she took the whole box and dumped it in her bag. She grinned as she slipped on her shoes. No one would bring a whole tissue box like that right?

         After struggling with the shoelace, she stood up and checked her watch. . 10 minutes till the bell rings. She would never make it on time. Unless… she had a car which is next to impossible. So tied her hair back and warmed up for the long run to school. Her legs started moving and in the next second, she was tearing across the streets—sorry, I meant street.

         “Yah Eunhee, what took you so long?” A voice boomed into her ears. Her steps died and she spun around. Byunghun was standing right in front of her house, with a car, of course. How could she not have seen him? She ran towards him and hugged him.

      “Byunghun, you’re my savior!” She screamed. Her voice came out muffled because her face was buried in his chest.

            “I’m sure that you are completely aware of the time.” He said.

      “I know.” Eunhee grinned and dragged Byunghun into the car. She buckled the seatbelt and the radio. It was playing her favorite song, T-Ara’s “Lovey Dovey”. She sang the words of the song, not bothering whether they were correct or not. He laughed at her childishness. After ten minutes, the car screeched to a halt. Eunhee heaved a huge sigh. They were only five minutes late.

     

      A couple of students were running towards the school hall and they figured they’ll know their groups there. Hand in hand, Byunghun and Eunhee approached the teacher-in-charge and asked which group they’re in.

      “Eunhee, you’re in Group B, with Chunji, Taemin, Taeyeon and Jaehyo,” Mrs. Kahi announced. Byunghun scowled. It wasn’t fair. For one, he wasn’t in the same group as his girlfriend. Second, Eunhee ends up in a group with Chunji, his best friend.

      “He better not do anything to her,” he grumbled.

      “Byunghun, you’re in Group G, with Hyuna, Zico, Bora and Minho,” she added. He groaned. Pairing up with Hyuna wasn’t a good choice. She’s going to end up clinging onto him like he’s some sort of god. And Zico..? Not a good choice either. That guy’s a byuntae. Eunhee and Byunghun bid their solemn farewells before splitting up for their own groups.

     

[A/N: HOW WAS IT GUISEEEE :3 Purposely did a cliffhanger.. >:D Comments and new subscribers (and old ones) are appreciated <333 Lots and lots of love!!]