Chapter 17

The Forlorn Promise

 

 

When they reached the class door, Miss Tiffany stopped asked her to wait outside the door. Then, she strode in the room with overflowing confidence. 

Eunhee heard the class shouting ‘teacher!’, ‘Miss Tiffany!’ and any form of greeting at the same time, indicating that this woman was really well adored.

“Good morning class! How was your summer break?” Her cheerful voice sounded from the room.

The class broke out into roaring groans; implying that most of them had a boring summer break. Eunhee imagined Miss Tiffany smiling at this reaction and then clearing for their attention.

“Well, today I have good news.” She did not wait for the class to respond before saying, “We have a new transfer student.”

At this, Eunhee gulped. Miss Tiffany faced her and beckoned her in.

Timidly, she entered the class, her palms sweaty and her heart beating quickly.

"Annyeong, Eunhee-imnida" she waved. Most of the students in the class gave her a hearty smile. She instantly smiled back. She can tell the class is going to be the friendliest class she has ever met. Miss Tiffany gave her a thumbs up and left the room with a signature wave.

"Be well to Eunhee!" she added.

Eunhee strutted towards a nearby table and someone with a flawless face and pixie-cut hair said 'hi' to her.

"Annyeong! I'm Sohyun," she popped the bubble gum she was chewing and smiled at Eunhee. 

"Well, you know my name right?" Eunhee asked before giggling.

"Of course I do! You just introduced yourself, like, five minutes ago." Sohyun's voice was perky and very high-pitched despite her innocent and angelic image. Eunhee had expected her voice to be soft and almost monotonous, but she proved otherwise. It was cool. 'She is definitely different', concluded.

"Well sit girl! You don't want to stand there all day," she dragged the chair backwards and motioned for her new friend to sit. Eunhee plopped down on the creaking chair and her cheeks felt warm because of the friendly gesture.

'I am going to love this school', she thought.

 

 

[A/N: double updates! because i sarang you guys :3]