Chapter 6

The Forlorn Promise

 

 

            Eunhee stared at him. Did she hear him correctly?

            “What?”

            Byunghun heaved a deep sigh. “I love you, Eunhee-ah.” He closed his eyes and thought to himself, ‘Oh god she’s going to reject me. What was I even thinking?’

            Her actions surprised him though as she pulled him into a comfortable hug. She nuzzled her head onto his neck and pecked him on the cheek.

            “I love you too,” she confessed. He pounded his chest with both fists and roared.

            “OH YEAAAAH BABY!” Eunhee giggled. He looked ridiculously adorable doing that. They watched the moonlight in comfortable silence.

“So…” Byunghun began after the silence that draped them.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked carefully.

      Eunhee smiled and punched Byunghun’s arm to chase away the awkwardness that began to spark between them. “Of course.”

      Byunghun’s smile spread wider. “Great,” He rubbed the back of his neck, “Want to go somewhere tomorrow?”

      Eunhee tilted her head and remembered that tomorrow was Saturday.

         “Lotte World,” she spurted thoughtlessly.

      Byunghun nodded and began to run down the dark street. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow!” He shouted and waved. Eunhee waved back, the thought on their very first date filling her mind.

 

Eunhee looked at the full length mirror in front of her. She had on a lilac floral dress and a cream colored cardigan to keep her warm. Her shoes were flats with a petite bow on the middle. Stacks of bracelets were on her wrists and she wore her favorite amethyst ring. While grabbing her shoulder bag, she heard Byunghun rev his motorcycle engine, indicating he has arrived. Eunhee smiled as she opened the house door, seeing him lean against his bike and wearing a black varsity jacket. He looked extremely gorgeous.

“Hey babe,” he greeted her, putting his arm around her waist. With his free hand, he passed her a helmet. Eunhee accepted it gratefully and inspected it lightly. Byunghun wore his helmet and was prepared to hop on his bike when Eunhee asked, “How do you wear this thing?”

Byunghun burst out into fits of laughter. Eunhee pouted when his laughter ceased.

“Come.” Byunghun took the helmet and put it on for her. Eunhee gulped. From this angle, she could see his jaw line up close. It was sharp and perfect and she traced her fingers on his milky skin. He gave her a smirk.

“I get it that I’m perfect,” he joked. Eunhee lightly slapped him and chuckled.

“You’re so full of yourself,” then she jumped on his bike and clutched Byunghun tightly. He sped off and they soon stood in front of a majestic place. Lotte World looked extremely colorful and interesting that Eunhee couldn’t stop herself from jumping up and down.

Byunghun went to buy the tickets and after the procession, both of them were through the gates, contemplating which one to get on first. They walked a distance before stumbling across a form of roller coaster called Atlantis Adventure.

“Let’s ride it.” Eunhee pleaded.

Byunghun, however, was reluctant to go on it. Truthfully, he despised roller coasters. The thought of being upside down and zooming at extreme speed scared him. But he didn’t want to be a spoilsport so he agreed.

When they got to the starting point of the ride, his head thudded quickly and his head started to ache. Eunhee looked at his pale face and a thought struck her. He was afraid of roller coasters.

“Yah, Byunghun! Why didn’t you tell me you have veloxrotaphobia?” [A/N: The anxiety before you get on a roller coaster] she scolded him. Byunghun shrugged and it jerked. Slowly, the sunlight shone on their faces and he squeezed Eunhee’s hand. It zoomed at high speed and he muttered prayers. A minute later, the ride ended.

“Oh good lord,” Byunghun shoved Eunhee and ran to the toilet. Soon, she saw him looking a little sick. She laughed at him for being a scaredy cat. He pouted and declared he’ll never go on roller coasters again.

They strolled at the different locations and then they came across the haunted house. Eunhee froze. Now it was her turn to be scared. She didn’t like the idea of headless zombies and women with long hair. And just like her boyfriend, she didn’t want to be a spoilsport. They entered the house and were greeted with Frankenstein making ghostly sounds. She squealed and gritted her teeth.

“Babe, don’t tell me you dislike haunted houses,” Byunghun asked, his voice concerned. She nodded her head and he smacked his forehead.

“Don’t worry, it’s going to end soon,” he reassured her but he wasn’t so sure himself. The journey lasted for ten minutes with lots of creepy figures approaching them. When they exited the house, Eunhee blinked her eyes and then threw up. He winced and patted her back. She felt so nervous and numb.

“It’s over,” he grinned and hugged Eunhee. He smelt really good and his scent seemed to make things better. She gave him a watery smile and then walked to the nearest restaurant. They ordered dukbokki. The meal arrived ten minutes later.

“Looks delicious,” she commented, rubbing her hands contentedly. She popped the hot rick cake into and then fanned herself because it was too spicy. Byunghun grabbed the dukbokki using his chopsticks and motioned Eunhee to come closer. He blew on it gingerly and she opened . She chewed on it and he fed her more, happy that she liked it. At approximately six in the evening, they left the place and Byunghun brought her home.

“Goodbye oppa!” she waved as he got on his bike. Then she frowned as she saw him sulking.

“What is it?” she asked politely.

“You forgot something.”

“What?” Instantly, she blushed.

“Alright, alright-“ She tugged his collar and kissed him.

What a great way to end the day, they both thought.

 

 

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the short update :( Writers block TT_TT Though i insist on posting this today cause i haven't updated in a week!!! Sorry if its a little bit boring. I hope i'll get more inspirations and can come up with a better chapter next week :(