Chapter 25

The Forlorn Promise

 

Myungsoo’s eyes pierced through his other members and he grinned. The lights dimmed and the spotlight concentrated on Hoya himself. He was dancing amazingly, his moves flawless and his flexibility making it more synced.  Then, he started strutting and he ended his solo performance with a flying kiss to the fans. The fans roared with excitement and hundreds of them clapped happily, chanting “Infinite jjang!”

It was time for the rest to start dancing.

Sungyeol walked like a model, and being the tallest among the members, he definitely stood out. Leader Gyu sang his parts, his deep and soothing voice surprising Eunhee.

Afterwards, the spotlights hovered above Myungsoo and he shone, singing his lines and smirking. Eunhee bit her lip to prevent herself from smiling too much. His smirk was one of the things Eunhee liked about him. The performance ended within four minutes and the fan chants were loud and deafening, making Eunhee cringe a little. She didn’t really favor noisy places but because it was for Infinite, and more specifically for Myungsoo, she beared with it. She spotted huge banners with the word 인피니트 and she beamed.

Myungsoo ran backstage and hugged her again. His clothes were damped with sweat but he still smelt like vanilla. Eunhee jumped with joy.

“Oppa, that was perfect! I love it. In fact, it’s a thousand times better than the music video,” she complimented him, wiggling her eyebrows and shaking her . She was too overjoyed and Myungsoo could see that. He laughed, making his eyes glisten and his mouth widen, showing his even pearly white teeth.

“Aw thanks,” he tapped Eunhee’s nose. She blinked her eyes.

“What was that for?” she pouted, rubbing her nose even though it wasn’t even sore.

“I don’t know. You just looked too innocent and happy that I couldn’t stop myself…” he breathed. Time seemed to slow down and it felt like they were the only people on Earth. Their heart rates were quick, and their eyes were only focused on each other. It wasn’t awkward. It was something that Eunhee had always wanted. She had always dreamt of feeling something like this again; warmth spreading through her chest and tingles down her spine. The last time she felt so was with Byunghun.

God, Byunghun.

Then Eunhee realized how much she’d miss him. How much she’d want to spend some time with Byunghun again, eating chocolate waffles, watching movies in the school and stargaze. They did a lot of adventures and Eunhee enjoyed all of them even though they ended up in trouble when they decided to roam through the woods during camp.

“Oppa, when are Teen Top oppas going to perform?” she asked abruptly. Myungsoo frowned. ‘Why is she asking? Is it because she wants to meet L.Joe again?’

He didn’t want to be mean so he answered anyway.

“Right after our performance… do you want to watch them perform?” he queried. Eunhee nodded her head. He sighed and held her wrist, bringing her to the first row of seats. [a/n: I know stars don’t do that but just pretend they do LOL]

 

The fans cheered “T-E-E-N T-O-P! ANGELS SARANGHAEYO OPPAS!” L.Joe came on stage and did a peace sign to the fans. They cheered again, this time even louder. Even Myungsoo was cheering.

“Go L.Joe!” L.Joe flashed a grateful smile at his hyung and their performance began. They were sitting on led cubes and Changjo started singing his lines. Eunhee was impressed. Their maknae’s vocals kept on improving after every comeback. After the chorus, Chunji and Niel sang a little more before L.Joe started rapping.

Hey… what?
What do you want me to do seriously?
Would you be happy leaving me?
You can just leave saying 'it's over'?

Eunhee gasped. Was he talking about her? Was he talking about how she left without saying goodbye to him? Did he not forget about her after all? When he rapped, his eyes were staring at Eunhee’s and she gulped. Then he looked at her again, his eyes filled with sorrow, anger and hatred and some tinge of love.

“You okay?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah…” she answered, her voice distant.