April 2015

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

April 2015

Leo

I was on my way to my sisters' apartment with Hakyeon, to have lunch with Jessica.

She was back from one of her many business trips, and she wanted to have lunch with me, but I had already made lunch plans with N.

Krystal couldn't make it because she was busy, and Jaehyun had to practice with the SM rookies. It's been a while since I saw my sister, so I was obviously happy to meet with her.

"I could have had lunch with the members, Taekwoon-ah. I feel like I'm disturbing your siblings time." N said as we were getting in the elevator.

"I told you it's fine. She also insisted for you to come along." I told my friend.

We walked towards my sisters' apartment door, and I typed the code to open it.

"We're here!" I exclaimed when we walked into their place.

"I'm coming!" My sister screamed all the way from her room.

"Make yourself at home." I told N, before sitting down on one of the two sofas.

"Annyeong!" Jessica said as she walked in the living room.

"How have you been?" She continued.

"Good. How are you, Noona?" N asked her back.

"Great. Omo, how I've missed you!" She added, dropping herself next to me on the sofa before hugging me tightly.

"I know." I replied, seriously.

"Yah!" She said, before pushing me playfully.

The both of us ended up laughing.

"Did you talk to Soojung?" I asked, after we stopped.

"Eo. She is busy with some commercial shooting. I won't even get to see her today, because I am leaving for Jeju later tonight."

"What are you going to do in Jeju?" I asked her.

"I'm going for work. I will be staying for a week, to meet investors and potential partners for B&E."

"Are you still looking for partners? Don't you already have too many of them?" I asked again.

"All the meetings I've had in the past few months weren't all successful. I still need one more, for my business to be secure."

"How much do you have at the moment?" N asked her.

"Three. One more, then I will feel more at ease with everything."

"It must be stressing, to think about all of this, right?" N asked again.

"It sure is. But I know everything will be fine soon." She replied, showing us a smile.

I couldn't but be worried, after hearing all of this. She was slowly getting back on her feet, but her road to happiness was anything but easy.

I wished for all of her hardships to be transferred to me in an instant. I just hoped that she knew that we were always going to be there for her.

"Let's eat! I cooked everything, but I made sure that it didn't have too much fat or oil. I don't want Jellyfish entertainment to call me and complain because I messed up with your skin health." She said.

"Truth is, I'm myself trying to take more care of my old body." She added, before giggling.

"Wae!? Noona, jeongmal yeppeo!" N retorted, making me cringe in the process.

"What are you saying suddenly?" I asked my friend.

"Wae? Am I not pretty, Jung Taekwoon?"

"Of course you are. It goes without saying." I replied, before she could even complain.

I smiled and looked at her, waiting for her usual reaction. She smiled from ear to ear, probably feeling refilled in compliments for an entire week.

We had a nice lunch all together, and it felt different from when we were between siblings only. I don't know if it was because we were between people of the same age and around, but we got to talk about everything, honestly and openly.

I was glad N came with me, because I have always thought that he was one of the best listener and advisor I've had in my entire life. I was happy to see that Noona confided in him, talked and listened to him the same way she would have listened to me or my parents.

He gave her a new point of view about her business and career, and reassured her in the thought that people were definitely behind her.

After lunch, we settled down in the living room to have a chat when we heard someone typing the door's code.

"Who else has your code?" I asked my sister.

"Molla!" She replied, before standing up from the sofa.

A few seconds later, Krystal walked in with a two full bags of groceries.

"Soojung? What are you doing here?" Jessica asked.

"I live here..." Krystal replied, with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Soojung."

"Arrasseo! I finished my shoot a little early, so I thought I could try to make it home before Oppa left."

"Great timing, because we were going to leave soon." I told her as I stood up from the sofa too.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug. N followed and hugged her too.

"It's been a while, Soojung!" He told her afterwards.

"I know, right! How are you Oppa?'

"I'm good! It's good to see you! You look even prettier than last time, Soojung-ah!"

"What do you have with my sisters today? Why are you so nice to them?"

"Hakyeon Oppa is always nice to us thought."

"You could learn one or two things from him." Jessica said, before giggling.

I heaved a sigh and looked at my sisters, before laughing too. When they ganged up against me like that, there really wasn't anything I could do but agree with them.

We stayed a little longer than planned, but we had to leave at some point because we had a schedule afterwards. It was a TV show appearance where we had to answer to some of our fans questions. I was excited to be able to communicate with our fans after so long, knowing that I am the type to feel a lot but to not let it show.

I often want to thank our fans by showing them how much everything they do touches me, but I just am not that type of person. I show it in many other ways though.

"We've been with VIXX for twenty minutes already, but before we can get to performance, some of your fans had very interesting questions to ask you all." The host said.

"Are you ready to answer them?" He continued.

"Yes!" N and Hyuk exclaimed.

"Good! Let's do this. So the mic will go around in the audience, and we will listen to some of the things your fans are curious about."

"Okay!" Ken said.

One of the assistants took a microphone and jogged over to a group of young girls in the audience, before handing it to one of them.

"Can you please say your name, age, and state the name of the member you are addressing, before asking your question?" The host asked.

"Dae. Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Seo Jaemin, and I am 17 years old. I had a question for N Oppa. Oppa, we heard that you guys moved dorms not too long ago, and that you finally had your own room. I just wanted to know if you liked it, or if you would have liked to share it with another member. If yes, which one?"

"Ah, nae, we moved into a bigger dorm, so I have my own room. The fact that I now have a space that I can call personal, I like it so much! Leo has a room to himself too, but if I had to share a room with another member, it would be him." N answered.

"Why is that?" The host asked.

"You see, I love the other members, but they are too loud." He said, making the audience laugh.

"Hyung!" Hyuk exclaimed, before laughing too.

"Honestly we are not that loud. I just think that N-shi is getting old, so he needs his peace and quiet." Ken added, making our fans burst out laughing once again.

I laughed a bit, and turned to N to see his reaction. He tried to keep a straight face, but I could tell that he wanted to laugh too.

"Thank you, Seo Jaemin-shi. Next question, please!"

"Hello, I am Kang Nari and I am 19 years old. I had a question for Hyuk. I know that you've said in the past that the Hyung who took the most care of you was Leo Oppa. Is it still the same now?"

"Ah! Did I say that?" Hyuk said, before laughing.

"No one takes care of me though." He added, as if he was talking to himself.

Our fans laughed again at our maknae's little joke.

"No, but more seriously, Ken Hyung takes very good care of me lately. I'm not saying that the other Hyungs don't pay attention to me, but I guess since I grew up a bit more, the members don't necessarily always feel the need to cater to me anymore. Ken Hyung hasn't changed that much, but maybe that's because he always took little care of me."

"Yah! Oh, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Ken let out unexpectedly.

The whole room, including me, burst out laughing. Hogshi, there's no reaction king like Lee Jaehwan.

"Okay, next question!" The host continued, after the little laugh.

"Hi everyone! Oppadeul, Annyeonghaseyo!"

"Annyeong!" We all replied.

"Omo!" The fan exclaimed, shocked because we replied.

Her friends were screaming next to her, because of it, making her forget about what she wanted to ask, so the microphone was taken to another person.

When the light came on her, she was talking to a girl that was next to her, and it looked like she was trying to convince her to ask a question. The other girl was adamant, and didn't want to.

"Hello, my name is Lee Hayoung, and I am 21 years old. I have a question for the whole group. My friend and I have a dream to be artists. We wanted to know what was the key for a group to perdure in this industry while showing quality work and having a great teamwork?"

"Woah, what a professional question. Who is going to answer?" The host asked us.

"Leo?" He added, making everyone look at me.

"Hm... I think... for teamwork, it's ju

Please log in to read the full chapter