December 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

December 2016


Krystal

 

"Oppa! Hurry up! We're going to miss our flight!" I said, pulling my luggage behind me.

"I'm coming. Go down before me." Minhyuk Oppa replied.

I followed his suggestion and went down to load the car's truck, before getting in.

We were on our way to the airport to catch a flight to New York City. Minhyuk Oppa had nicely offered me a trip to the states as a birthday gift, and we had both finally found some time to go together, almost two months later.

But that was not the only reason why I was going to New York.

On December 2nd 2016, my sister was going to launch her first ever flagship store in SoHo. I was so proud of all her accomplishments. I had to be there in person, to show her all the support that she deserved. She had come such a long way.

And since none of our other siblings and parents could make it, I thought I might as well use those tickets to do something nice for her.

"Soojung, passeport." Minhyuk Oppa told me once we got to the registration desk.

It was usually my manager's job to do that, but even though he was with us, he still let Minhyuk Oppa take care of me. I handed him my passeport without looking at him, because I already had it in my hand.

I also had my head held low as I tried to hide my face from the crowd. It was not that I was trying to pass incognito, because everyone already knew about my relationship with Minhyuk Oppa.

The public had been nothing but nice to us, ever since. We both thought that it had a lot to do with the fact that we worked together in the past, and that people had this wish of seeing us dating, way before we had even envisioned it ourselves.

The press had obviously not missed the chance to be there to take photos of us. It really made me uncomfortable, knowing that they would be writing speculation articles about the reason my boyfriend and I traveled together.

I was already expecting the usual hate comments of Naver's users. A lot of those never did not fly high, anyway.

I sighed and waited for Minhyuk to be done with the formalities, then I rushed to go through security, to get to a space where cameras and press were not allowed.

"Soojung, here is your phone." Heojun Oppa said.

He handed it to me before sitting a few seats away from us. Once again, I think he wanted to give us some privacy.

The company had forced him to come with us on this trip, even though he tried to tell them that this was a personal schedule. They would not hear any of it, these controlling people.

I felt so bad for him. He could have been spending time with his fiancee, but instead he was stuck with me and my boyfriend. Even though he had reassured me that it was totally fine, I felt bad for him.

I have the best managers. Period.

"Where is Oppa?" I asked myself.

I looked around to see if I could spot a familiar figure, but all I met were excited eyes of a few of my fans who seemed to be traveling too. I awkwardly smiled and bowed my head every time it happened, but I was taken aback inside each time.

"He texted me a few minutes before we left my place to say that he was already on the way, so he must be here somewhere."

I looked one more time, but I still could not find Taecyeon Oppa.

He was also coming with us, but as a surprise to Jessica Eonnie. That was why we did not come together. Minhyuk Oppa and I were supposed to be the diversion, so that no one could take a photo of him and post it online for my sister to see.

"Oh! Here he is." Minhyuk Oppa said, breaking me away from my reverie.

I smiled at the sight of my tall and strong-looking brother-in-love. I did not stand up and just let him slowly make his way towards us.

We did not want to get exposed and for people discovering my sister's relationship either. They had done such a great job protecting it so far, so we wanted to help them keep it on the low some more.

Taecyeon Oppa sat down at my right and sighed.

"I had to wait for the press to leave before going through formalities. Apparently a photo of the two of you did not suffice. These people, really." He said, explaining his tardiness.

"It's fine, Oppa. You've made it on time for the flight, so nothing else matters." I reassured him.

He nodded his head and looked at Minhyuk Oppa.

"What's up, brother?" He asked.

"Nothing much! What about you, Hyung?" Minhyuk replied.

"Same here. I can't wait to be there."

"Me too! It's going to be so fun being in New York, just the four of us! Plus my manager, but he is family so it's fine! We will even be able to go on double dates!" I said, excitedly.

"Well, that will depend on your sister... She does not want to expose our relationship yet, so she is always extra careful. I doubt that she will let you get away with a double date."

He chuckled and looked at me.

"You don't know the type of things I can handle, dear Taecyeon Oppa. Wait and see!"

He smiled and lifted his hands in surrender. My manager also laughed, probably not taking me even a bit seriously. It made me really want to achieve my plan.

Soon enough, we boarded the plane. The three of us were sat in the same alley, which made it so much easier to communicate. We started prepping the surprise for my sister.

Taecyeon Oppa had asked her manager where she would be when we would arrive, and at what time she would be free, if ever she had to work late.

Everything fell perfectly into place, because she was going to be completely busy until the opening. The surprise promised to be one that she would not forget.

The next twenty something hours of flight were pretty relaxing for me. Since I had nothing to hide, I could comfortably talk to Minhyuk Oppa and spend some time with him.

I could not say the same thing for Taecyeon Oppa. The poor guy jumped up every time a steward walked by or opened the curtain that separates first class passengers to coach ones. He feared that someone would take a photo of him, so he was restless.

The moment we stepped in JFK, he was the happiest human on earth. Him and I quickly completed our formalities, since he was born in America and I am American, but we had to wait a bit longer for Minhyuk Oppa.

As soon as we got into our car, he fell asleep.

"He must not have slept a lot during the flight. He looks exhausted." Minhyuk Oppa noted.

"Every time I looked up to check up on you, I would see him move in his seat. He must have been very wary of his surrounding." Heojoon Oppa added.

I smiled to myself, feeling happy to see him try so hard for my sister.

We arrived at the hotel and went straight to our rooms. I shared one with my sister, and the boys shared another one. My manager had a single bedroom. I thought that was the least I could do for him, since he was unfairly summoned like this.

I crashed on the bed as soon as I laid a feet on it. I imagine that I was very tired. The boys did the same thing.

We all woke up around the same time, then decided to go start getting ready for the surprise. We had decided to wait for Jessica Eonnie at the hotel, then to let us settle in before Taecyeon Oppa's grand finale.

Two hours after we had finished putting everything in place, we received a call from her manager. The surprise plan was launched.

"Oppa, they are ten minutes away from the hotel. Where are you going to hide?" I asked him.

"The bathroom would be too dangerous, because maybe she will want to freshen up a bit before dinner... How about the wardrobe?" He asked.

"What if she wants to be comfortable and wear her pajamas?" Minhyuk Oppa asked, making a point.

My sister really had those kinds of last minute impulses.

"Mm... how about behind the counter? She's never going to go towards the kitchenette." I suggested.

"Great idea! I can crouch down behind it and wait. I will even be able to surprise he

Please log in to read the full chapter