March 2015 (2)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

March 2015 (2)

Jessica

Taecyeon and I were in his car, on our way back to my hotel after spending a nice moment at his secret place.

I was so glad that he decided to take me somewhere important to him. This trip was starting the best way possible.

I had my feet resting on the cardboard of his car, while we talked about everything and anything. When we got close to my hotel, he parked his car before turning to me to speak.

"I wish we could spend more time together tonight." He said.

"I know. But you've got to get some rest for tomorrow's show." I replied.

"I'm taking you to dinner after our concert tomorrow."

"Call!" I exclaimed, happy at the thought of eating out again tomorrow night.

"You and your obsession with food." He said, before laughing.

"Food is the best thing in the world. Next to sleep."

"I can't wait for the day that I become as important to you, as food and sleep are." He joked.

"Keep on dreaming!" I retorted, before laughing.

"Yah! That's not nice."

He faked to be mad and turned away from me.

"You know I'm joking! You have the second best spot in my heart... Right after food... And sleep. Because they both hold the first place!" I joked again.

"Get out!" He said, before laughing with me again.

I was almost out of breathe from all this laughing.

"Ah, how I love spending time with you, Mr Ok Taecyeon!" I said, after we stopped.

"Same here. I love spending time with myself too."

I burst out laughing again at his joke. See? It never stops with us. We spend our entire time laughing with and at each other. I loved it.

It always feel like home when I am with him, because I feel as comfortable with him, as when I am with my family.

"Thank you for a great night. I will see you tomorrow." I said.

I wore my shoes and grabbed my handbag from the backseat.

"Sleep tight. And dream of me!" He added as I walked away from his car.

I turned around and shook my head while smiling. Then I suddenly decided to play with him like he did with me, earlier at the concert.

"I sure will. Make sure to do the same thing." I said as I showed him the most convincing smirk I could give.

His face was priceless. Just as priceless as mine was, a few hours ago at the concert and he genuinely looked taken aback. I took that opportunity to run away from his car and into the hotel, while having the laugh of my life.

I immediately went up to my room and laid on my bed, still completely dressed up.

"I need to call Soojung." I said to myself, as I fished my phone out from my handbag.

I tried calling her on FaceTime but I didn't have enough wifi signal for the call to go through, so I dialed her phone number. She picked up after two rings.

"Yeppeun Eonnie!" She exclaimed in a cute voice, as soon as she picked up the call.

"Yeppeun Dongsaeng! How are you?" I responded, mimicking her voice.

"I am good. Just got home from work."

"Where you at your company?" I asked her.

"Yes. I was practicing with the girls."

"What are you practicing for?" I asked her.

"Just practicing. The girls and I have decided to meet up like this, at least once a month, to work on our choreographies. And maybe some new songs too." She explained.

"Really? That's good news! Anything new from Jinri's side?"

"Not really. We just know that she is fine."

"That's a good thing, Soojung-ah. Everything will be fine, you will see." I told her, in a attempt to reassure her.

"Sure. How was the concert?" She asked me, changing the subject.

"It was insane! You should have seen their fans going ham. It was seriously one of the best concerts I have been to."

"Are you sure that you had time to check the fans. I mean, with your Ok Taecyeon-shi on stage, in front of you, it must have been hard to focus on anything else." She said.

"Yah! Jung Soojung, have you gone mad?"

She burst out laughing at the other end of the phone. I replaced my phone to my left ear, before speaking again.

"I enjoyed the concert as a fan." I added.

"Exactly what I am saying. A Taecyeon oppa biased fan. Nothing new." She retorted before laughing again.

"Okay, let's stop this conversation." I said, while I laughed too.

"Okay, I will stop for now. What else did you do? Did you see oppa?" She asked me.

"Yes, we had dinner together, then Taecyeon took me to a flower garden later in the night."

"So you were with him when he sent me that picture of a flower garden?"

"I was also the one who took the picture with his phone."

"Spending some alone time together, I see. That's a good progress, Eonnie."

"There's nothing going on between us."

"Yet. And if it does, Eonnie, I will be so happy. Taecyeon oppa is the best thing that could happen to you right now." She said.

"I can't believe you just said that. Taekwoon told me the exact same thing when we were having dinner together."

"It's because it's the truth. No other man has ever been so connected to you, so present for you. You guys look adorable when you are together, and anyone could mistake you as a couple." She added.

"We are just good friends, Soojung." I replied.

"And is that what you want to be right now? When you think about it, do you see yourself being more than just his friend?" She asked me.

"Mm... I don't know! I haven't thought about it."

"I'm sure you have. Anyways, he is a good guy. He is the guy for you." She finished.

"I don't think I am ready. I haven't been single for that long either. I need to completely move on, in order to envisage anything serious with Taecyeon."

"Eonnie... perhaps, you still have feelings for Donghae oppa?" She asked me.

"Soojung, we dated for two years and a half. Feelings don't just magically disappear after so much time spent together." I admitted.

"I know. Have you been talking to him lately?"

"Not really. When I talk with Eunhyuk and he is there, we say hi, but that's about it."

She stayed silent for a while, but I didn't mind because I didn't know what to say either. This silence was needed.

"Eonnie, I think that what you are feeling right now is just sadness over the end of a passionate relationship. You are sad to have lost one of your best friends while you were having such a hard time, and to have lost a relationship that meant a lot to you. A relationship that you will definitely and rightfully miss, but I know that deep inside, you really like Taecyeon oppa." She started.

"I mean, whenever you talk to him, or about him, you smile from ear to ear, Eonnie! He makes you laugh, he is there for you in happy and sad times, and I know how much that means to you. I am not saying that Donghae oppa is a bad person, or that he hasn't been there for you before, because I know he has. I know that he was the perfect boyfriend for the Jessica from a year ago, but he just wasn't the guy for the Jessica you are today." She continued.

I listened carefully, and I almost had tears in my eyes, because I was extremely touched to see that my sister knew me that well.

"I love Donghae oppa to pieces, but I genuinely think that if you and Taecyeon oppa started dating, it could be for the long run. I just don't want you to refrain yourself for anybody! At this point, you have to live your life to the fullest! You don't need any passionate love right now. You just need a nice and comfortable relationship." She finished.

"Well thank you Mrs counselor. I will take your words at heart." I joked.

I was trying to put it as a joke but it was obvious that she was right. Leo and her were absolutely right about Taecyeon being the best thing for me at the moment. He was everything I needed in my life at that point.

"How are things going on your side? What about Minhyuk, by the way?" I asked her, trying to change the subject.

It was her turn to be teased about the guy she likes.

"Eonnie, I've got to go but I will call you in the morning! Bye bye, I love you!" She quickly said before she hung up.

I laughed at how predictable she was. I knew that she was either going to try to dismiss it or just tell me that she had to leave me. She knows me, but I know her even more.

I turned in my bed and looked at the ceiling. I was still thinking about what she told me when my phone vibrated next to me, signaling that I received a message. It was from Taecyeon.

"I just got to my hotel. I am going to get ready to go to bed." The message said.

"I am about to do the same thing. I was talking with Soojung."

"I see. Now, you're going to get ready to do the thing that holds the first place in your heart."

I giggled at the thought of him really being bothered by my little joke. It was cute.

"I can't wait! My bed is so calling me right now, you have no idea!" I joked again.

"Ha-ha, Okay I give up. Have a great night, Jess. I will definitely be dreaming of you."

"Aish, this boy, really! Making me all flustered like this, all the time." I said to myself, before typing an answer.

"I probably will too... Goodnight, Taec." 

I put my phone away after sending the message, and stood up from the bed, to get changed. I went to bed after texting every single member of my family, goodnight.

Jaehyun was the first one to reply.

"Goodnight, Noona. I love you, you, you, and YOU!"

I smiled at my brother's cuteness and closed my eyes, ready to drift in a peaceful sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Krystal hung up with her sister she felt a bit nostalgic, for some reason. She thought about how it must be hard for her sister to adapt to all the changes happening in her life.

Six months ago she had a secure job, she thought, a loving boyfriend, and people she considered her sisters. Now that she has lost all of this at the same time, Krystal was thinking that she must still be feeling sad sometimes.

She also made her think of Minhyuk. Kang Minhyuk, the guy that used to make her heart fluter.

Minhyuk and Krystal have been the best of friends for years, but just a few months ago she used to want them to be more than just friends. She felt like he knew how she felt about him, but he refused to think about it, because he saw her as a little sister.

She once tried to imply that she liked him, in the past, but he said some things that shut her down almost immediately.

Yes, Krystal Jung, was having a one sided love. What a shock, she thought.

She felt like she just should have never let her feelings of friendship grow more to what they were, a few months ago, because it kind of distanced them a bit.

Every time she saw him, she felt happy, and all she wanted to do was spend her entire day in his company. That's how much she liked him.

But since she didn't feel the same thing coming from his side, she decided to take her distances, to give herself time to forget.

Then her sister's situation occurred, and he couldn't be there for her as much as he wanted to, because they had to prevent any new scandal from happening in her personal life again.

Now they just talk from time to time, and it feels weird to her.

She was at her apartment, looking for something to eat, in the fridge. She was hungry, but she was too lazy to cook, and too lazy to go out and eat.

She thought about going to her parent's house and eat there, but it was already four in the morning, so there was no chance for anyone to still be awake. At least someone who could cook for her; meaning her mother.

Jaehyun and her father weren't exactly what she would call chefs. The only one that knows his way in a kitchen is Leo, but he is in Japan too. She finally decided to order something from a 24/7 opened snack-bar. 

"I am going to ask the boys to recommend me a good one." She said to herself as she texted her three b

Please log in to read the full chapter