March 2015

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello my dear readers! I just wanted to explain why I changed the story's title from "Power of Love" to "Lighthouse". When I posted the first chapter of this story, I wasn't even expecting that people would read it, so I put a transition title while thinking of a better one. I don't know if you guys heard of GRL's song "Lighthouse", but it describes what this story is all about, so perfectly! It's a song that is very dear to my heart because it always reminds me of my love for my family, and all the things I would do for them.

I hope it won't confuse you too much. I love you guys, and thank you for always reading and commenting the chapters I post. It motivates me so much, you have no idea! Now, back to the story! I hope you will enjoy this chapter!

Ps: Listen to GRL's "Lighthouse"!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

March 2015

Jessica

I was at the airport, waiting for my flight to Japan, for a special event that meant a lot to me.

I was flying all the way to Tokyo to surprise Taecyeon and the other members of 2PM at the first concert of their new Japanese tour.

I did all my possible to clear my schedule for three days, to be able to go and support him to the fullest.

The concert was supposed to start at 7.30pm so I booked the latest flight, that could allow me to be there on time but also to at least finish some of the work I had back in Korea, before leaving. It happened to be the 2pm flight to Tokyo. Pretty funny coincidence, right?

Taecyeon and I haven't talked for two weeks because he was busy with his tour preparations. I wanted to be able to show him as much support as he showed me during the past few months. I was excited to see him also.

As I waited for my flight to be called, I received a text message from my father, wishing me to have a safe flight and to call him as soon as I would land.

I also got a text from Krystal and another one from Jaehyun saying the same thing. After replying to everyone's texts, I dialed Leo's number.

"Noona" He said as soon as he picked up the phone.

"Busy?" I asked him.

"No, it's fine. What's up?" He asked me, in English.

"I am taking the 2pm flight, so I am going to be there by 5pm." I told him.

"Good. I'll pick you up at your hotel at 6."

Leo was also in Tokyo for some of VIXX's Japanese promotions. VIXX and 2PM are the two most popular Korean groups in Japan, if you ask me. Their popularity is really no joke, there.

"Are we still going for dinner after the concert?" I asked my brother.

"Yeah. I asked our manager to make reservations for two in your favorite restaurant."

"Arrasseo. I'll see you soon."

"Have a safe flight." He told me before he hung up.

After a while, my flight was called, and I boarded the plane with my assistant, Yerin. She usually follows me everywhere, even on my days off like these. Since she is young and independent, it's easier for her to follow me and assist me than my stylist or makeup artist.

I slept during the whole flight, catching up on all the sleep I've been missing for the past few days.

I started working on my first solo project as a singer, this month, and it took a lot of my time already. I barely had time to relax at all, between B&E and looking for the best staff and also a new agency to work with.

Tyler Kwon, one of my closest friends, and business partner opened an entertainment agency and is planning to debut his first ever group soon.

My first choice would probably be his company, since I already know a lot of his associates and staff members, and it would feel more comfortable to work with him than with a new person.

Thinking about all of this really got me stressed out for a few weeks now, so it was nice to be able to travel for pure leisure for once. I was going to have some nice down time with my brother and Taecyeon, and I was really excited about it.

A lot of my fans waited for me and warmly welcomed me at the airport. I felt so grateful to all of them for still loving me with their pure hearts. I was really lucky to have their unconditional support.

My hotel was only fifteen minutes away from the airport, so I had some time to quickly shower before Leo showed up. I made sure to wear comfortable but nice clothes, so that I would still look pretty.

When Leo called to say that he was in front of my hotel, I was wearing my shoes. I wore my favorite fall coat, and took the elevator down to the lobby. Leo was waiting for me in his SUV.

"Hello" I said as I hugged my brother tight, as soon as I got in.

"How are you?" Leo asked me.

"Good. I've missed you, little boy." I told him as I pinched his cheek.

"Annyeong, guys!" I said, greeting Ken and Ravi who were at the back.

Their manager was the one driving.

"Are you excited about the concert?" I asked them all.

"Very. Junho Hyung kept texting us about the show and how we should really come." Ken replied.

"Junho is always way too excited." I said as I laughed.

"Are you ready to jump and dance, Dongwoo Oppa?" I asked their manager.

He is one of Leo's managers and the one I've been around the most, in the past four years. He was always there for Leo's most important moments and achievements, even before VIXX debuted, so he naturally got close to the entire family.

"I'm not going to be able to stay. I'm just dropping you guys off, then I have to go back to drive Hakyeon and Hyuk to the studio." He told me.

"Oh, that's too bad, Oppa." I told him.

I remember him telling Taecyeon that he really liked 2PM's music, at Leo's birthday dinner, last November.

We got to the venue and he drove us to the back of the arena, where the VIPs were supposed to enter. Leo told Taecyeon that he wanted to come to his concert with three of s, so he gave him four tickets. He told the security and his manager about his friends coming, so we didn't have a hard time getting inside the venue.

It was 7pm sharp, so their tour manager showed us to a waiting room where we could wait until the beginning of the concert. He told us to wait while he went to tell Taecyeon and the boys.

"Can I go with you?" I asked him before he left.

"Yeah, follow me." He said, after I explained that I was trying to surprise them.

"I'll come back with them." I told the boys.

The tour manager showed me to 2PM's fitting and makeup room and asked me to wait at the door while he checked if I could come in.

"Go in." He told me when he came back.

"Thank you" I said as I made my way inside the room.

I didn't immediately see the boys because they were all at the back getting their makeup fixed. When I was able to see them, I walked slowly in the direction of MinJun's seat, since he was the closest to the door.

I stood behind him and when he looked up in the mirror, he saw me.

"Yah! Sica!" He exclaimed, before turning around and standing up.

All the other boys looked up too and did the same thing when they saw me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me after he gave me a quick hug.

"Surprise! I came to support you guys! Congratulations for the new tour!" I said, clapping my hands together.

I looked at Taecyeon and he still looked dumbfounded.

"Yah! Are you really going to be like this?" I asked him as I playfully slapped him on the arm.

"I am shocked. I didn't even know." He said, finally speaking.

"That's the concept of surprises, Ok Taecyeon shi!" I replied, laughing at my friend.

I turned to the other boys and proceeded to hug them one by one. I was pretty close to all of them, considering that my former group used to work with 2PM a lot, back in the time.

I kept touch with all of them, without an exception. I loved those boys dearly.

"How are you, boys?" I finally asked them, after hugging Nichkhun.

"We're doing good. It's so good to see you here, Sica." Jun.K said, as he gave me another side hug.

"It's just so good to see you, Noona." Junho said, agreeing with his leader.

"How come you're in Japan? Did you come for work?" Chansung asked me after we all sat down.

The makeup artists left to give us some privacy, quickly before the show.

"Ani! I flew all the way just to see you guys. I took three days off." I explained.

"Jinjja? Woah... I am touched." Wooyoung said.

"Thank you, Sica. This really means a lot to us." Nichkhun said.

"Showtime in 20 minutes, boys!" Their tour manager screamed through the door, making us all laugh.

"I came with Taekwoon, Wonshik and Jaehwan. They're waiting in another room. Should we go there?" I told the boys.

"Yeah, let's go." Taecyeon said.

We all walked together to the other room at the end of the hallway. The boys were waiting for us while chatting.

They all talked amongst each other while Taecyeon and I sat together in a corner of the room.

"I can't believe you're here." He told me after we sat down on the chairs.

"I can see that!" I said before laughing at him.

He genuinely looked very surprised still. I was glad to see that my surprise really did work, but most of all that he was so happy to see me.

"So, what are your plans for the three days?" He asked me.

"Well, you tell me! I am at your complete mercy!" I told him, laughing.

"You can't take it back, okay?" He replied.

"I hope I'm not going to regret this." I joked.

"Showtime, boys!" Their tour manager shouted again through the door.

All the boys laughed again, but I couldn't help thinking that their manager was a tad bit hyper.

The boys stood up and started to exchange brotherly hugs.

Please log in to read the full chapter