June 2015 (2)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

June 2015

Jessica was in her car, on her way to Taecyeon's apartment. She was finally ready to make a move and to ask him to take a step forward in their relationship.

"Is he even home?" She asked herself as she came to a stop, at a traffic light.

She fished her phone out and dialed his number, calling him, before waiting for the call to get connected.

She put her phone on speaker and waited for a few seconds before he finally picked up.

"How are you, Beautiful?" He said, before chuckling.

"I'm good! What's funny?" She asked him.

She did not know why he was laughing but she found herself smiling at the thought of him being happy to talk to her.

"Wooyoung tried stealing my phone from me to answer the call, but he tripped on his bag and fell on the floor. Karma."

"Ah... That's why." She replied, a little disappointed.

"So I am guessing you're not home?" She asked.

"No, I'm at the company, practicing for the come-back with the boys."

"Annyeong, Sica!"

"Hello, Noona!"

The boys started saying, almost hogging Taecyeon's phone. They started making kissing noises, as if they were still elementary school kids teasing their friends in love but it made Jessica laugh.

"What's the matter?"

Taecyeon asked her, after he finally managed to take his phone back from the members.

He walked out of the practice room to have a bit of privacy.

"I was on my way to your apartment. I wanted to see you." Jessica told him.

"When are you going to be done?" She asked again.

"In an hour probably. Are you already on your way to my house?" He asked her.

"No... I was just going to leave the house. I guess I will wait for a bit."

She said as she pulled over to the side of the road.

"Ah... Alright. I will text you when I will be on my way home." He told her.

"Okay! See you!" She replied in English, before hanging up.

"Aish... Jessica, you should have called him first! What am I going to do for an hour, now!" She told herself.

Just as she was about to drive off again, her phone buzzed, signaling a new message.

"Sica Sica! How are you? Can I call you on FaceTime right now or are you busy?"

It was a message from Eunhyuk. Jessica did not waste any time and called her friend right away.

"Oppa! How are you?" She said as she waved her hand at her friend.

"I'm good! I am at my new place right now, and I wanted to show it to you! Are you busy right now? I see that you're in your car."

"Ani, I'm free! Send me the address and I'll be on my way, Oppa!" She said, enthusiastically.

"Arrasseo! I'll see you in a bit!" He replied and smiled afterwards.

As soon as he hung up and sent the address, Jessica departed for his place. She was glad that Eunhyuk called her to be one of the first ones to come visit his home, putting her in his circle of closest friends.

She felt at ease knowing that some of the friends she made for the past fifteen years of her life were still there and still considered her like a member of their family.

It was just a bonus that the call happened just as she didn't know what to do with her time.

When she got to the residence, twenty minutes later, she realized that it really wasn't that far from her and Krystal's. It was just a little alley away, and a five minutes walk seemed sufficient to get from one residence to the other.

She typed the gate code that Eunhyuk gave her and parked her car in the open-air lot, as she wasn't going to spend too much time there.

Eunhyuk called her twice but her phone was in her bag when he did, so she didn't hear it. She didn't feel the need to call him back, because she was already in his building, and she figured that he was just calling to make sure that she didn't get lost on the way.

She made her way up to his floor and walked to the apartment's number he gave her, before ringing the doorbell. After a minute or so, he came to open the door for her.

"Sica!" Eunhyuk said, hugging his dongsaeng, before letting her walk in.

"Eo, Oppa. The residence is really close to ours! That's nice!" She said as she closed the door behind her.

"There was no more apartments available in your residence. I asked Boa to help me look for one on the same floor, but they were all already taken."

He told her as they walked to the living room, hand in hand.

She nodded her head as she looked around the apartment. It was a really nice and spacious place, but it had that warm feel that Eunhyuk is all about. Jessica liked the way he appropriated the place, and made the decoration a reflexion of his own personality.

"It's really nice, Oppa. I really like it!" She said, sincerely.

"Ah, that's good. I hope my mother is going to like it."

"You haven't shown it to your mother yet?!" Jessica exclaimed, surprised.

"Mm. I wanted to make sure it was okay. That's why I called the goddess of interior arrangement to tell me." He said, before chuckling.

She laughed and shook her head at her friend's silly remark. Eunhyuk was always the best to put a smile on her face at any given time and no matter the situation. Thinking about it, she missed seeing him everyday at the company.

He left to go get her something to drink while she walked around the apartment, checking the rooms.

Eunhyuk had put framed photos and music records on one of his walls, and Jessica started looking through it with a smile on her face. She remembered some of those moments like they happened the day before. There were all kinds of pictures, from a photo of one of their old BBQ parties, to photos taken at award shows and so on.

She flinched a bit when she saw a picture of her, Super Junior members and her former group members. It reminded her of the old times, and she did not really like the feeling it gave her.

"Good memories, right?" Eunhyuk said, interrupting her train of thoughts.

She heaved a sigh before smiling at her friend.

"Memories." She simply replied.

He slightly nodded his head before handing her the drink.

"That's all I have left." He said.

"It's okay." She replied.

There was a short silence.

"I miss moments like these. It just does not feel the same anymore sometimes."

He told her as he looked at the photos on his wall.

"I feel like something changed since you have left the company. People are more cautious with one another so we don't have the same fun anymore. Or maybe it's just me missing you being there." He added.

"People do miss you there, Sica."

He said again, as if he felt the need to emphasize that part of the information. She was not saying anything but she was listening and hearing him clearly. He did not even know how much what he was saying was soothing her heart.

The doorbell went off suddenly, taking Jessica by surprise. She was a bit startled, which made Eunhyuk laugh before he left to open the door.

"Oppa, why did you call me again earlier? You thought I got lost, right?"

She asked him, as she walked back to the living room. Eunhyuk came back a few seconds later.

"Sica!"

Jessica turned around upon hearing her name being called by someone who was not Eunhyuk. She was surprised when she saw Leeteuk and Donghae, walking in.

"Jungsoo Oppa?!" She exclaimed, unable to contain her surprise.

"Aigo, my little Sica! How have you been?" He asked her as he gave her a quick hug.

"Good. How are you, Oppa? Hi, Donghae Oppa." She said, as she shyly smiled at the other guy.

Donghae flinched a bit upon hearing the mark of respect she put in the way she called him. It's been years since Jessica called him 'Oppa'. But then again, they are not that close anymore, he thought.

"Hello, Sooyeon." He replied, returning the smile.

"You didn't tell us that Jessica was here, when we called!" Leeteuk told Eunhyuk.

"I told Donghae. I thought that's why you decided to stop by." Eunhyuk replied.

"Ah..." Leeteuk said before looking at Jessica then Donghae.

Donghae looked like

Please log in to read the full chapter