The Interview

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The Last Chapter

 


 

"Hello, dear public and viewers! I am the model, Irene, and today I'll be the host for GQ Korea special New Year's countdown!" Irene said, bowing at the camera.

She had been chosen by GQ Korea to be the Jung siblings' special interviewer for their countdown special, as Jessica's best friend. They wanted the piece to be as genuine as ever, and for the siblings to feel at ease.

Indeed, they had been chosen to conduct a New Year's Eve interview, as some of the ten under 30 influencers of the industry. Their piece had been scheduled for December 31st, making them unable to celebrate it with their parents, but it was such an honor for them to be considered as such that they  had accepted right away.

It was a live interview, and there were about fifty people in the audience, but they felt much more comfortable because they had each other.

"Alright! Let's start by introducing tonight's honorable guests, one by one!" Irene continued.

She turned to the side and smiled at the siblings, before turning back to the public. She was the only one who could see them from behind the curtains.

Cameras were there to broadcast every bit of the event. It was huge.

"These four guests are with no doubt my favorite set of siblings. Hanging around them for the past three years has been nothing short of heartwarming... I really hope you will all get to experience this tonight, while watching the interview."

Jessica smiled to herself, listening to her best friend introducing them. If that was really the image they gave off, then she was more than proud of it.

"We're going to be introducing them from the youngest one. Everyone, please warmly welcome NCT 127's very own Jung Jaehyun!"

The audience behind the staff members clapped to welcome him. Many NCT fans came to support him and his family.

"Welcome, Jaehyun. Please say a word to our viewers."

He bowed and looked through the camera.

"Hello, everyone. I am NCT's Jaehyun. Nice to be with you all tonight."

He looked at the crowd and waved at some of his fans, sending some of them into excited shrieks. He smiled and sat down in front of Irene.

"Oh, wow. Do you guys hear the fans? So great!" She said.

Jaehyun let out a short chuckle, feeling a bit awkward at the attention.

"Welcome, Jaehyun-ssi! You look nice tonight!"

"Ah, thank you so much." He replied.

Irene smiled fondly at the young man before continuing her hosting job.

"Now, let's welcome one of the girls! You guys surely know her as f(x)'s beautiful visual and maknae. Please welcome the coolest member of the Jung family, Krystal!" Irene added.

Krystal shyly made her way up the stage, as a horde of fans yelled her name. She was surely popular.

She smiled and waved at them before heading to the chairs. She quickly bowed and introduced herself once again, before sitting down.

"She's pretty, right?" Irene asked the audience.

She earned a roar of approval from all of them, while Krystal laughed shyly and waved dismissively.

"How are you, Krystal-ssi?" Irene asked.

"I'm good, thank you." She replied.

"Excited to be here tonight?"

"I'm happy to be doing this with my siblings. It's nice." Krystal said.

"What about you, Jaehyun-ssi?"

"Ah, it's very nice to be here. I hope everyone is going to have a good time." He replied.

Irene smiled and nodded her head before continuing.

"Alright... Now, we're going to welcome another boy. You guys already know who he is, right?" Irene asked.

Starlights in the audience shouted Leo's name.

"As expected! Everybody, let's welcome the one and only Leo!" She said.

His fans stood up to cheer for him as he walked towards his family. He turned and bowed before sitting down.

"Leo-ssi! Welcome! Would you please introduce yourself?" Irene suggested.

"Hello, everyone. I am VIXX's Leo. I hope everyone is having a warm holiday season. Thank you for coming and tuning in tonight." He said.

He waved at his fans again, then turned back to look at Irene.

"Thank you, Leo-ssi!" Irene reacted.

After a short second, Irene looked at the camera again, and with a smile she said.

"The next and last guest is someone that I love so very much. She is my best friend and the nicest person I know! Please everyone welcome the oldest of the Jung clan, Jessica Jung!"

The whole studio erupted into cheers of joy as Jessica came out from behind the dark curtain. She was dressed in skinny jeans and a Blanc & Eclare cardigan, looking like a real ice princess with her blond hair.

"Welcome, Jessica-ssi! Please introduce yourself!" Irene exclaimed.

"Hello, everyone! I am Jessica! Nice to see you all here!" She excitedly said.

The public yelled her name some more times, and the comments online went crazy.

"Wow! Your fans are incredible indeed. Please, take a seat Jessica-ssi!"

She walked up to Irene and hugged her before joining her siblings.

Irene smiled at the four of them and proceeded to host the show.

"Wow! I'm being told that fans online are going crazy! This is the power of the Jung siblings!"

The four of them laughed.

"First of all, thank you all for doing this and giving me the opportunity to host it! It's such a great occasion!"

"Thank you for accepting to host it for us!" Jessica replied.

"Of course! Like I've said earlier, you guys are my favorite set of siblings. The love and support you continuously show each other is such a heartwarming thing to witness."

"Thank you." Leo said.

Irene smiled at him.

"I have a few notes here, describing each of your personalities. Those papers were filled by your closest friends and people, so they're bound to be very truthful! You're going to have to guess who said what. Are you ready?" She asked them.

"Yes!" Jaehyun and Jessica replied.

Krystal and Leo just nodded their heads, smiling at the host.

"Alright! We're going to start with Jaehyun-ssi... by the way, can I call you all like I usually do? The formalities are a bit hard to grab back when you know someone." She giggled.

The audience laughed a bit.

"Of course! Call us how you usually do!" Jessica agreed, almost immediately.

"Good! Let's start with Jaehyunie!" She started. "This person said that Jaehyun is the positively stubborn type of person. Meaning that when he sets his head on a goal, he works stubbornly hard to achieve it. Who said that? Everyone, do you have an idea?" Irene asked.

"Taeil!" "Taeyong!" "Mark!"

Everyone went in with his or her own guesses. Most people said Mark, even online.

"Jaehyun, who do you think said that?" Irene asked.

"Hm... I'm trying to imagine my members saying such thing."

"You think it's one of your members, then?" Irene insisted.

"For sure, it's one of my members! But there are two of them who speak the way the message was written. I'm struggling between Taeil Hyung and Mark."

"I think it's Mark. Maybe they did it on purpose so that you'd have a hard time guessing?" Krystal suggested.

"Oh, that's possible too!" Jessica interjected.

"That's a smart guess! What's your final choice, Jaehyun?" Irene asked again.

"I'll follow my sister's hunch and say Mark. I also think it might be him."

Irene smiled and pushed the red button next to her, signaling that it was the right answer.

"Wow! Daebak!" Jessica exclaimed.

The studio clapped their hands while the siblings celebrated Jaehyun and Krystal's smart move.

"Alright, alright! Here comes the next statement... Jaehyun was never intimidated by the pressure of having to follow his siblings' example. He always did what made him happy, and made him unique. Wow! What a nice statement!"

"Oh... I know who that is! Ha-ha! I think two people said that, right?" He asked.

Irene gasped in surprise.

"Oh my God! You're right!" She exclaimed.

"Oooh, Jung Jaehyun!" Jessica said.

"So?" Irene asked.

"SHINee's Taemin and Jonghyun Hyungs?" He asked.

"Wow! Correct!"

"Woah! How did you know?" Krystal asked.

"They've told me once. A few weeks before I debuted, they came to the practice room and complimented each of us. Thank you, Seonbaenims!" He bowed to the camera.

"This was impressive! Good job, Jaehyun!" Jessica added.

"Really!" Irene said. "Now we have one last left. This one is the easiest, I think."

"Really?" Jaehyun asked.

"You'll know right away... Jaehyun is definitely the most talented of us all. Who said that?"

"Well, it's one of my siblings. Ha-Ha! I'd say it's Leo Hyung."

"Is this your last guess?"

"Yes, I'm pretty confident about it."

"Alright... and it's correct!" Irene shouted.

"How did you know right away?" Krystal asked.

"I know my Hyung. It could have been any of my siblings because they keep saying that, but the last part gave it away. My sisters would have said I think, or I believe. The message said definitely." He explained his logic.

"Woah! That's so true!" Jessica said.

"What are your thoughts, Oppa?" Krystal asked Leo.

She wanted him to speak even a

Please log in to read the full chapter