June 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

June 2016

 

Krystal came out of the bathroom, hair still wet from the shower she took, and she made her way over to the sofa.

Minhyuk was at her apartment for the night, and they had planned a long evening of movie binge watching; because, as self-titled moviegoers, they had a lot of catching up to do in that department.

Krystal was going to leave for China earlier in the day, but her schedules were pushed back of two days, so they immediately decided to meet up and spend that time together.

"Which one are we going to watch first?" She asked her boyfriend.

She sat down in front of him on the floor, while he stayed on the sofa, and handed him the hairdryer.

"The latest Denzel" He replied.

He absentmindedly plugged the hairdryer and sat down straight, ready to dry her hair, as the movie started. He was used to helping her out with that, so he didn't even question why she would give him the dryer.

It was so natural for them.

"I'm going to cut my hair shorter, for this drama" She told him.

"Really? How short?" He asked.

"This much"

She replied by showing him the amount of hair she was going to cut out.

"That much?" He asked, surprised.

"Mm. My hair is really long, so it will only be a shoulder length"

He started drying her hair as he nodded. Both of them stayed silent during the process, because they knew they would not hear each other talk over the sound of the hairdryer, even if they tried.

"Should I dry it some more, babe?" Minhyuk asked.

Krystal touched her hair to feel if it was dry enough, then turned to Minhyuk.

"No, it's fine like this. Thank you" She said.

She pursed her lips forward, and he leaned downward to reach them with his own lips. They shared a quick peck before Krystal joined him on the sofa.

"I've actually watched this movie already, on a plane" She admitted.

"Truth be told, me too" He followed, with a smirk on his face.

Krystal turned to him, surprised by the revelation.

"Huh? Then, why did you suggest it?" She asked.

He shrugged nonchalantly before replying.

"I just wanted to put something I've already watched, so that I could focus on you instead"

He smirked as he desirably looked at her lips.

"Babe! Stop starring!" She exclaimed.

"Then can I kiss them?" He asked, in a hushed voice, referring to her lips.

He was still staring intently, but she pulled his face up so that their eyes could meet instead.

"Wha- Oppa..."

He smirked and looked at them again in a milli second.

"Stop it, babe" She repeated.

"I'm sorry, I really can't. I've got the prettiest girlfriend in the world. I can't resist wanting to kiss her, like crazy"

"Oppa! I'm going to move from here because you're becoming hard to control"

She tried to move from the couch but Minhyuk grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to him.

She almost fell on him, so he was surprised for a short second, making the two of them burst into fits of laughter over the ridiculousness of the position.

"But for real, I'm not going to see you for a whole month. I just want to spend two good days in your company" He told her.

"And they will be good, trust me" She reassured him.

They smiled again for the nth time.

He ruffled her hair and pinched her nose, then he stood up to go clean up first.

Soojung looked at his back while he walked away, stars shining in her eyes.

There was always something about Minhyuk that made Krystal feel like she was the luckiest girl in the world. His manners towards her; his way of always showing her how much he loves her; his way of doing whatever he has to do to make her happy.

All those things combined into the very good looking man he is. Krystal couldn't believe it sometimes.

It almost felt like a dream. Something of a fairytale.

It was magical.

But surely the most amazing thing to her about him, was how he always managed to make her feel like he was the luckiest man in the world, just because she chose to be with him.

She never felt like the amount of love she had for him was outweighing the love he had for her.

Krystal stayed sitting in the living room, thinking about all of that when she felt his hand on her shoulder.

She looked up and smiled at her boyfriend.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked her.

He walked around the couch and sat at his original spot.

"Just thinking"

He nodded his head and leaned his back against the sofa.

"Babe, have some things changed around you since we've revealed our relationship?" Krystal asked.

"Suddenly?" He asked, chuckling a bit. "Well... at first I didn't think so, but the more I looked the more I saw some people changing the way they acted towards me"

"How so?" She asked, curious.

"Well, for example, I used to be very close with one of my hoobaes at the company. I was always nice to her, treating her to dinner sometimes with the other hoobaes, but when our scandal broke out, she didn't talk to me when we saw each other afterwards. She completely ignored me when I interacted with her. I was so confused" He explained.

"Why did she do that?" Krystal asked.

"I later found out through Jungshin that she's had a crush on me for years. I never knew and only thought of her as a dongsaeng, but apparently she thought we had more"

"You tend to be a bit too nice and close with the women around you. That always gets men like you in trouble"

"Men like me?" Minhyuk repeated.

"The nice guy friend who is the only one in the situation who really only wants a friendship"  She explained.

"What? Do girls really think there are infinite categories of men?" Minhyuk asked.

"I don't know" She giggled and passed a hand through her hair. "What else?"

"Mm... most of the women I know keep their distance with me now. Except for the close ones"

"Are all your stories about women?" Krystal asked suddenly.

Annoyance could be heard in her voice, and Minhyuk found that so, so cute.

"Aigo, you're the one who asked. For my male friends, apart from a large part of them calling me or texting me to say how lucky I am to be with The Krystal, the Ice Goddess, then nothing too surprising has happened" He replied.

He still had a smile plastered onto his face, making Krystal roll her eyes. Minhyuk chuckled and squeezed her hand.

"What about you?" He asked her.

"My girl friends told me to beautifully date, and my male friends and Oppas all told me to be careful of you, because you're still a man after all... but oh well" She replied.

He smiled and started naturally carressing her hand.

"What about your close friends, like Sehun?"

"Sehun already knew, like most of my close friends, but he was very happy when he saw the article. He immediately called me and said that I did good confirming it. I was so relieved" Krystal said.

"Taemin?" Minhyuk asked.

As soon as he pronounced this name, Krystal knew where he was gradually going with the interrogatory. She didn't want to force him into going any further, but she knew he was struggling about wether to ask or not, so she decided to make it easier for him.

"Taemin was glad, but he wants me to be careful because of the fans. Kai and I don't really talk a lot lately, but he wished me positive things when we met at the company" She said in one trait.

Minhyuk stayed silent, not knowing how to move on from the topic. It was still somehow sensitive for him to talk about Kai. He really hated the idea that he was jealous of their friendship, and even found himself feeling reassured that the two were never alone anymore when they m

Please log in to read the full chapter