April 2016 (2)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jessica
 

It was my birthday already and I was in LA for work. I had to come a week earlier to shoot for my very first solo music video, for Fly.

It had been such a wonderful and empowering experience, so far. Every time I got to be in front of the camera to shoot a scene, I would remember that I was shooting my video, on my terms, and for my song.

It wasn't just pride that I felt. It was a whole new sort of feeling.

The only sad thing about that trip was in fact that I was there on my birth day, so I couldn't celebrate it directly with my family.

That .

"Sica, it's time for hair and makeup!" My manager told me.

We were going to shoot the last scene for the music video on my birthday, because I wanted it to have a special meaning for me and my fans. I wanted to have the positive and happy spirit my song was all about, during the shoot too.

"Alright, let's go" I said.

My phone interrupted me in my momentum, as it rang in my back pocket. I reached for it and quickly checked the caller ID.

It was Taecyeon.

I smiled and turned to my manager.

"Five minutes, please?"

He smiled and nodded his head, before leaving my dressing room.

I immediately picked up and waved at the camera. It was a FaceTime call.

"Hey, beautiful" He said, smiling.

"Hey, handsome" I replied.

"Happy birthday, my love!" He chanted.

"Aha! Thank you, honey!"

His signature sweet smile was on his face, all along.

"What are you up to?" He asked.

"Getting ready to go shoot the last scene for my music video"

"Oh, that's nice! How is it coming along?"

"Great! I can't wait to reveal it to the world!" I said, excitedly.

"I can't wait for everyone to hear the song too! And I'm also excited to discover the music video when you come back!"

"Nuh-uh! You're going to see it at the same time as everyone else" I said.

"What?! How can you do that to me!" He whined.

I laughed in glee, liking his reaction and the expression he had on his face at that exact moment. He's always had the best ones.

"I want you to feel the surprise too" I told him.

"Honey! You can't do that to me!" He continued.

"I'm sorry!"

"First, you don't even let me listen to Love Me The Same, now you don't want me to see the video for Fly! You're too much!"

"I want you to discover the album like everyone else. I let you hear Fly because you were there from the beginning. You had all the rights to hear it before anyone else"

He sighed and passed a hand in his hair.

"Alright. At what time does your plane land in Seoul?" He asked.

"I'm leaving at 5 today, so probably tomorrow around noon?"

"Okay. I'll be there" He said.

"Remember to be careful not to be seen" I told him.

"Don't worry. I got this"

We spoke for about ten more minutes, catching up on simple and random things, then I went back to work.

I was really happy these past few weeks.

Everything was going great with Taecyeon, my family was happy, Jaehyun was doing great, and Krystal and Leo the same.

There was nothing more I could have asked from life.

I left that same day and just like I told Taecyeon, my plane landed around noon in Seoul, the next day.

We met at the VIP area where he was waiting for me.

We shared a quick hug when I got to his level.

"Hey, my love" He said.

"How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm good!"

I nodded my head, then smiled.

"I'm so happy to see you!" I told him as we sat down.

We were trying to be careful because we didn't want our photos taken and published any time soon.

We still wanted to be kept a secret.

At least, that's how I felt.

"Me too. I can't wait to be alone with you" He whispered next to me.

He gave me a coy smile and my eyes grew big, understanding what he was imagining.

"Taecyeon!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and threw his arms in the air as a sign of surrender.

I joined in and giggled before putting my hand on top of his.

"How was your month?" I asked him.

"Long. I've started to figure out stuff to do, to be ready for my enlistment"

"Why so soon?" I asked him in panic.

He smiled and discreetly held my hand.

"Don't worry, it's not until the end of 2017. When I say figure things out, I'm talking about work related matters. I'm in the process of passing a bunch of auditions for dramas, so my company has to figure out which one I will be able to complete before enlisting" He explained.

"Ah" I said, relieved.

To think that next year Taecyeon would be leaving for his mandatory service scared me. Even though I have and appreciate having my friends' support so much, whenever I speak of my feelings to Taecyeon, no matter the subject, I always feel like he is there for me. He listens to me, and he understands me.

It's a special feeling that I get with him only. I feel like despite whatever the world is saying or thinking about me, as long as he knows my heart and loves me, I am able to do everything.

Our flight was called after half an hour, and I waited for Taecyeon to get in first, to avoid anything to get leaked. Then I followed closely behind, acting as if I was on the phone.

Taecyeon was the one who bought the tickets, so I wondered how far our seats would be from one another, only to find out that I was sitting right next to him.

My eyes grew big and even though I was quite surprised, I didn't let it appear for too long and quickly sat down.

"Why didn't you get us different seats? People are going to see us!" I told him.

"It's fine. I don't think anyone here is interested in who we are, so none of them will take a photo of us" He reassured me.

"That's how my sister and Minhyuk got their relationship to come out. They thought they were being careful enough, but they weren't" I said.

"Jessica!" He reacted.

I looked at him and just decided to drop the subject. I didn't want to create a scene and draw people's attention. It was exactly what I was trying to avoid, anyway.

We stayed silent for the first part of the trip, then Taecyeon turned to me.

"What's on your mind?" He asked.

"Hm? Nothing special. I was just spazzing out"

He nodded his head, then we went back to being silent again. Once we landed, I quickly grabbed my bag and passport and exited the plane.

I waited for Taecyeon at the VIP area, since I didn't know who was supposed to be picking us up, and where to go.

"The driver is here. He just texted me" He said after he joined me.

"From where are we going out?" I asked him.

"We can go out through the principal entrance. No one knows we're here, don't worry"

"Taecyeo-"

"Just cover your face then, Jessica!" He s

Please log in to read the full chapter