February 2016 (2)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

February 2016

 

"Oh my God! We're in Dubai!" Krystal exclaimed.

They were in the car on their way to their hotel. They had left Bali the previous morning, and they were finally in Dubai.

The four siblings were mesmerized by the gigantic looking city. It was their first time there, and they were all excited.

"Johnny Hyung is going to be so jealous! Dubai is his dream place to visit!" Jaehyun said.

Leo smiled at his younger brother's excitement. It was contagious.

As soon as they got to the hotel, they took naps. They were exhausted because of the constant traveling. They needed that to be ready for their first Dubai night. They had planned a fancy dinner at a four star restaurant, followed by a special night tour of the city.

The next four day were going to be epic, they thought.

"Do you have my charger with you, Oppa?" Krystal asked as they met in the hallway.

"I don't think so. Ask Jaehyun, you two were sitting together during the flight Bali-Dubai." Leo replied.

"He left ahead with Eonnie. I'll ask him later. Does he know anything about the surprise?" She asked.

"No, I think he forgot that tomorrow was February 14. He is having too much fun." Leo replied.

"That's good. The surprise will be even better! Come on, let's go" She said.

She held her brother's arm, and they started towards the elevator.

They all wore fancy clothes and headed to dinner together. Apart from the food being divine, the service was also very much appreciated. The music, the decor, the people: the whole vibe of the place was a treat.

Jessica asked for them to prepare a cake for her brother. It was going to be midnight, so she took her phone out, ready to film his reaction.

Jaehyun was too mesmerized by the view they had of the city from their table, to even realize what was happening. When midnight rang, Jessica activated her camera, and Leo, Krystal and her started singing.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Jaehyun!"

They brought the cake at the same time. Jaehyun was so puzzled, because he really did forget about his own birthday.

"Oh wow!... Thank you so much!" He said.

"You forgot about your birthday, right?" Krystal asked.

"Totally!" He admitted.

"I knew it." Leo said.

The four of them laughed as the staff applauded and congratulated Jaehyun.

They enjoyed dessert together and took a whole lot of photos to commemorate the night, but also to send to their parents.

After they were done, one of the hotels' employees offered to take them on a tour of all the prettiest places at night, and they ended the night at a 24hours café. That first night was literally Jessica and Krystal's type, and they enjoyed it to the fullest.

The next day, the boys convinced them to do their activity of choice: Skydiving. Krystal having already tried it in New Zealand, was more than excited to do it again, but there was no way they could convince Jessica to do it.

"I am really not jumping from a moving plane!" She insisted.

"Alright, it's fine." Leo said.

In the end she reconverted herself as the photographer, and stayed down, waiting for her siblings to the big jump. Leo, Krystal, and Jaehyun were pumped after that.

They had lunch, then they visited the Burj Khalifa. The next day, the boys went zip-lining, leaving the girls to go around the city to shop. Jessica was inspired for her brand too, and Krystal helped her think of new patrons and cuts.

The last three days were spent discovering the culture, the places, the people. The siblings were so emotionally connected to Dubai, that it was hard for them to leave, even though they had not even been there a week.

"Last leg of the trip!" Leo said, as they boarded the plane.

"I don't want it to be over!" Krystal said.

"Me neither." Jaehyun agreed.

"We'll get to do it again, don't worry!" Jessica reassured them.

They all buckled up, and made themselves comfortable for the 15 hour flight. Krystal and Jessica were seated together this time, and the boys together.

"I'm glad we're all going back to San Francisco together. We haven't been there, the four of us at the same time, in fifteen years!" Jessica said.

"That's such a long time... It's crazy" Krystal said.

"I know, right? It's good that we're going to see some family members." Jessica added

"I was twelve when I last saw Uncle Jonghyun, in real life. Time flew by so fast!" Jaehyun said.

"True." Leo said. " To home we go!" He added.

Jessica laughed and made herself comfortable in her seat. She had planned to sleep that time around, because she wanted to be able to enjoy her time in San Francisco.

Time passed quite fast, considering that the siblings only woke up once in 15 hours, and that was to eat.

As soon as they got out of the airport, a man calling Jessica could be heard. They all turned to see who was that manly voice calling her amongst all the screaming fans.

It was their uncle.

"Samchon!" Krystal exclaimed.

He waved and motioned for them to come towards him. They did so, as two security guards took care of their luggage. As soon as they were close to him, he hugged the girls. Then he went towards Leo and gave him a manly hug, before turning to Jaehyun.

"Jaehyun! Look at how tall you are now!"

"Hi, Uncle Jonghyun!" Jaehyun said.

They hugged.

The siblings waved at their fans before getting in the car and driving off.

"I'm so glad to have you here!" Uncle Lee said.

He was their mother's brother, so they didn't share the family name.

"We're happy to be home." Leo said.

He was at the passenger's seat. Him and Jessica were the ones that came to visit the most, so they were very familiar with everything and everyone.

"Jaehyun must not really remember the place. You left when you were very young."

"Some places still look clear in my head, and some don't even ring a bell!" He replied.

"It's normal. Well, you've got five days to work on that!"

When they got to the house their aunt and cousins were waiting for them at the door. Their uncle had two boys, Junho and Jiyoung.

"Boys!" Jessica exclaimed.

All the Lee's hugged the Jungs. It was a warm welcome.

Jessica and Krystal were worried for Jaehyun and how he would get along with his cousins, that he hadn't seen in years. Talking on the phone twice a year, on birthday or a holiday didn't really count as keeping in touch, so it was hard to expect anything from the situation.

But they were all pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was because they were around the same age, Krystal thought.

"We're going balling tonight with some friends. You wanna come with?" Junho asked Jaehyun and Leo.

"Yeah, sure! It's been so long!" Leo said.

"I'm in, too!" Jaehyun said.

"Can I come with, Oppa?" Krystal asked Jiyoung.

"Yeah, sure!" He replied.

"What about me, Soojung? You're leaving me tonight?" Jessica asked.

"You're meeting with your friends for dinner, Eonnie!"

Jessica thought about it and giggled.

"My bad." She said.

The family enjoyed some down time at home until dinner time. Jessica left after taking a shower, and the remaining members had a warm family dinner.

The boys, followed by Krystal, went to play basketball after digesting their food. It was so refreshing for Leo to be playing a sport again. After playing for an hour, they switched it to soccer, and he could not be happier.

The next few days were spent sightseeing again, to

Please log in to read the full chapter