January 2015 (2)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

January 3rd 2015

Krystal woke up to the sound of people talking in the living room. She went to her washroom, quickly brushed her teeth then walked out to see who was there.

She found her sister and Donghae having a conversation and it looked rather serious. They have been having a few couple problems lately and with this new situation, things got a lot more complicated.

"Hello sleepy head." Jessica said greeting her.

"Annyeong, Unni. Annyeong, Oppa."

"Feeling better?" He asked her, referring to yesterday's incident.

"Were you sick?" Jessica asked her, not getting the situation.

"I was just tired. I'll let the two of you finish your discussion. I will be in my room if you need me." Krystal said, quickly dismissing the subject.

"Oh... Okay." Jessica said, pretending to believe it.

She figured her sister did not want to talk about whatever happened yesterday at dinner, so she was not going to push her. At least not now.

"As I was saying... You should be the bigger person and try to discuss it with the girls. You've been friends for years, Sooyeon. What is there that you cannot overcome in your friendship?"

"I don't know if I am more upset by the fact that you don't see that this situation is completely unfair to me or that you think I should be the bigger person and reach out to them. I have nothing left to talk about with them." Jessica scoffed.

"So you are just going to lose your friends without a fight?" He asked her.

Krystal could hear them by now even though she tried her best not to listen. They were starting to get upset once again. Krystal thinks that their relationship should be 'work talk free' because every time they mention work, they end up arguing.

"I've already lost them and it was not my choice. Are you blind or something?"

"Oh come on, Sica! They must have had their reasons for thinking that you were no longer giving your whole to the group. If they got to that point, there must be a reason."

Jessica was bewildered by what she just heard. Krystal also could not believe what he just said and she had to mentally stop herself from going out of her room at that moment.

"You know... from strangers or people who don't know me, I don't really mind getting this kind of comment. But coming from you I have got to admit that it is extremely hurtful. I no longer feel like you don't understand, it is more that you don't want to understand." Jessica said more calmly.

Donghae regretted saying it as soon as it came out of his mouth but it was too late now. He was looking at Jessica who was avoiding his gaze and trying hard not to cry but eventually failed to it.

"I'll be back." She said, rushing to the bathroom.

"Sooyeon-" Donghae started saying but she was already gone.

He felt sad that their relationship got to this point. A few months back everything was fine. Something just changed when she started working with Tyler Kwon. Donghae started being jealous and mean to her for no reason. He kept pushing her away until she started to care less and less.

Jessica loves Donghae more than anyone she ever loved, but now that she was living one of the hardest moments of her life, he was not supporting her at all. She came back a few minutes later with a smile.

"Don't you have to leave for practice? You're getting ready for a comeback right?" She said, looking everywhere but at him.

"Mm... When are you coming back from New-York?"

"I am planning to stay over there for a month. I have to work on my brand." She simply replied.

"Jessica..." Donghae started talking but stopped.

She looked at him, aware of what he wanted to say. They stared into each other's eyes until another tear fell from Jessica's. And as if it was enough of a confirmation, Donghae stood up and spoke again.

"I wish we didn't end up like this..." He said before leaving.

When he left Jessica let herself cry only to be embraced by someone's arms.

"Kwenchana Unni... You will be fine." Krystal said, hugging her crying sister.

She really didn't know what to say, but she just hugged her tight until she calmed down a bit.

"Too much... This is too much." Jessica kept repeating.

Krystal wanted to ask her what she was exactly referring to, but she knew asking was just going to make it worse. She could also already imagine what were the reasons for her tears and it wasn't just about this break-up.

At 4pm, Jessica roamed around the apartment trying to finish packing. Leo was on his way to pick them up to go to their parents' apartment. They were all going to eat together before Jessica and their mother leave for the airport.

"I am downstairs. Hurry up." Leo said in the intercom.

"We're coming. Just wait for a bit, please." Krystal said, looking at her sister wearing her shoes.

"Why do you wear heels?" She asked her, curious.

"I want to try them out and see if it's going to hurt walking in them. So that I won't be surprised the day I really decide to wear them somewhere." Jessica said, taking her last bag.

"Woah. Hyogsi, a fashion designer is different." Krystal said before chuckling.

Jessica smiled brightly at how her sister just called her. She felt happy hearing that. Krystal took Jessica's suitcase and they both exited the apartment after turning all the lights off. Krystal is going to stay at Victoria and Luna's while her sister is away.

"Took you long enough." Leo said as his sisters embarked in the van.

"Yah, what's up with you? Bad day at work?" Jessica asked her brother.

He simply looked at Krystal as she gave him a warning sign not to say anything. Actually, Krystal called him to tell him about the dinner yesterday but begged him not to tell Jessica.

Because he heard her cry over the phone, he kept getting irritated with everyone around him during the whole day. He hated seeing his sisters upset.

"Ani. I just felt like nagging today. I won't see you for a whole month." He answered after a minute.

"Aigo... Are you really going to miss me or just mom cooking for you? I know you, Jung Taekwoon!" She joked with him.

"I still don't understand why you have to take my mom with you." He replied as her remark successfully made him smile.

"Listen to him saying 'my mom'! She is ours too." Jessica replied, giggling.

They safely got to their parents' apartment and enjoyed a good time in family. When it was time for Mrs Jung and Jessica to leave, everyone wished them to have a safe trip and walked them to the front door of the building. Mr Jung had to go back to his company for a bit so Leo stayed with his younger siblings.

"What do you want to do?" Jaehyun asked his older siblings.

"Sleep." They both replied at the same time, making the three of them laugh.

"Arrasseo. Go to sleep. I'll wake you up when Commander is back." Jaehyun said, referring to their dad.

That was his affectionate nickname for him. Leo and Krystal went to their rooms to catch some sleep and Jaehyun was surfing on the internet when someone knocked at the door. He checked in the video-com and opened the door at the familiar face he saw.

"Hyung! It's been a while!" He said, letting Donghae in.

"Keurae, Jaehyun-ah. How have you been?" He asked the younger boy.

"Good!"

"Ah, I am sorry I came unannounced. Since I had dinner with Sehun in this neighborhood, I felt like quickly stopping by." He said, walking in.

"Ah, Annyeong Hyung." Jaehyun said, letting Sehun in.

He knew him from the company of course because he frequently stopped by with Kai and Lay to see how trainees were doing, but he also knew him as one of his sister's greatest friends.

Jaehyun never took advantage of his sisters' friendships in SM. He always made sure to be treated exactly like the other trainees were, but he was eventually bound to know his sisters' best friends and boyfriends. There are still some people who don't know that he is related to Jessica and Krystal though.

"I am sorry again for coming unannounced." Donghae apologized again.

"It's okay. Keundae hyung, noona left for the airport a few minutes ago. She wanted to be there early."

Donghae looked around as if she was going to appear out of nowhere. She must not have told her family about the break up yet, because Jaehyun seemed to be way too welcoming for the protective little brother he usually is.

He was hoping to be able to see her face before she left but he missed her again. For the umpteenth time in the past weeks Donghae felt like he acted too late. Krystal came out of her room upon hearing voices coming from the living room again.

"Jaehyun-ah, have you gone crazy? Are you talking to yourself?" She asked, walking in the room.

Her surprise was grand to see Donghae and Sehun sitting on her parents' sofa.

"Oppa... what are you doing here? Sehun-ah."

"Ah... Soojung... I didn't know you were here." Donghae said.

"We had dinner in family before Unnie left. Taekwoon Oppa is here too." She said, pointing at another door.

Please log in to read the full chapter