August 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

August 2016

 

It had been a week since Taecyeon's return, and a month since his phone call to Jessica. It all went quite badly that day.

He was rushed back to rehearsal by his manager, so Jessica did not have time to explain anything further. He had promised to call her during the week to have the full story, but with the tour and the album recordings, he did not want to indulge in stressful conversations.

He wanted to stay focused on his job.

That is how they came to spend an entire month without speaking on the phone, nor seeing each other. Apart from the few times he responded to Jessica's messages, she hadn't heard from him that much.

She was miserable and she felt guilty. She knew that he had all the reasons to be upset, but she thought he was reacting immaturely by avoiding her. She just wanted to get it over with, and for them to decide what to do next.

She was tired of waiting, and of being left aside.

As she made her way back home after a fashion schedule, she received a text message from him. The first time in weeks.

Are you free tonight?

The text read.

Yes.

That was all she replied. She was upset too now, and she wanted him to understand that the way he handled things, was not the right one.

What are you up to?

Just got done with my schedules. Heading home.

Can I come over?

It's up to you.

(Sigh) Alright, I'll see you in a few then.

She did not reply and threw her phone back into her bag. The talk she had been hoping for, for weeks was finally going to happen.

The first thing she did when she got home was take a shower and make herself some food. Krystal was busy traveling for photoshoots and SM's year end tour, so Jessica has had the house to herself for weeks.

She settled in the kitchen with her sandwich and a cup of lemon tea, then started checking her social media accounts when she heard the door being opened.

Taecyeon knew the code, so he easily made his way inside. He dropped his bag on the floor and moved to the kitchen, seeing that the light was on.

He saw her back first, then walked towards her.

"Hey" He said, sitting down in front of her.

"Hey" She replied, looking at him.

"How have you been?"

She put her phone aside and sipped her tea before replying.

"I've been busy, but I'm good. How about you?"

"Good too. I've been busy since my return, but now I'm having more time to myself."

She nodded her head and tool another bite of her sandwich.

"Are you hungry?" She asked him.

"Not really. I've had lunch with my manager earlier."

"Alright. Let me know if you change your mind."

This time he nodded his head.

"I don't know where to start the conversation... but we have to talk about whatever is going on." He started.

"I agree. I just want to start to off by apologizing for not telling you the truth about me having lunch with Donghae. I know it's no excuse, but I really wanted to avoid you having weird thoughts. I guess I failed."

"Jessica, I would have understood. I know that before being your ex-boyfriend, he is your friend first. I would not have asked you not to see him anymore, but the fact that you hid it, I've got to admit that it made me overthink." He admitted.

"What about?" She asked.

"What he really means to you. Now that you've had time to mature a lot more, how do you feel about that important part of your past?"

"Taecyeon, from the moment I told you that I loved you, I haven't seen Donghae the same way at all. It just felt nice to have one of my best friends back, and to remember the good old times just for an hour or so. I just wanted to feel like I was still the same old Jessica, no matter what happened to me these past few years." She said.

Taecyeon listened to her and could see how important that really was to her.

"I really did not mean to hurt you. That's the least thing I would do." She added.

"I know... I... I'm sorry. I should have understood."

"Why did you shut me out like that? That hurt me, Taecyeon."

He sighed and passed a hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry." He said again.

"I know you are... but I'm still a bit irked about the way you chose to handle things." She said.

Taecyeon sighed and slid a bit closer to her. He took her hand in his, the talked.

"I don't want you to keep thinking about that... I just felt betrayed somehow, and I could not understand why you chose to lie about it, if it really meant nothing. I thought we had this relationship that was very honest."

"I understand that... and I apologize once again for lying. I don't want us to feel like anything has changed. I haven't, and my feelings for you surely haven't."

"My feelings will not change just because of that. I love you so much, and that's why it hurt me even more."

Jessica looked at him, with a tender expression on her face. She loved him so much, and she was glad they were both working towards getting better.

"I love you too. Dummy." She joked, making him chuckle.

She stood up and went to sit on his lap. She leaned closer to him and left a kiss on his lips, before hugging him.

"I've missed you." Taecyeon said, nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck.

"I've missed you too." She said, hugging him tighter.

"Now, I'm hungry." He said.

"Ha! So you didn't want to eat my food when you were upset, but now you do?" She said, teasing him.

"I'm not talking about that type of hunger." He said, looking at her with desire driven eyes.

Jessica only smiled, because she did not need to ask anything more.

 

 

Jaehyun

 

"Do you have everything?" My mother asked me.

"Yes, Mom. I'm done packing." I replied.

It was the night before my departure for SM's Hawaii vacation. The CEO had decided to take us all on a trip to celebrate the 20th years of the company. All the artists were invited.

"When is your manager going to be here?" She asked me again.

"Around 6 a.m. He will let me know later tonight."

"Alright."

I had decided to sleep over at my parents' house the night before because I knew that my brother was going to be home. I wanted to hang out with him before leaving.

"When is Hyung coming over?" I asked my mother.

We walked to the living room, hand in hand. She was so small next to me now.

"He won't be long. He called half an hour ago to say that he was on his way."

I nodded my head as we both sat down on the sofa together. It had been a few weeks since I last saw her, and I was glad to have her all to myself.

"How have you been, my love?" I asked.

She let out a short giggle, before looking at me.

"Good, my heart.

Please log in to read the full chapter