June 2015 (3)

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

June 14th 2015

It was finally the day of 2pm's awaited comeback and showcase, and Jessica was excited to go support her friends on this important date.

For the past four days she had managed to avoid her siblings, to postpone the discussion she was dreading to have with them.

She knew she could not indefinitely avoid it as they were her siblings, and they would eventually have to sit down together and talk to each other.

Maybe that day was today, as she had to go pick up her mother and her baby brother at home to go to the showcase. Her father couldn't attend it in the end because he had to travel abroad for a new case.

Jessica was at her and Krystal's apartment, eating what her sister cooked for her that morning. They haven't been able to see each other a lot lately because Jessica was always busy doing something, or  to put it in other words, avoiding Krystal.

Because she was often worried about her older sister, Krystal always left food for her in the fridge, and Jessica ate it everyday.

Krystal was at the company with her members, picking concepts for their upcoming album. Now that the situation had been cleared between Sulli and the agency, new moves could be made for their group activities and the girls couldn't be happier about it.

Even though they were excited, they also couldn't help but feel very nervous and anxious about the response of their fans.

"We don't want to change f(x)'s sound. We still want our fans and people to be like 'oh, that's f(x)', as soon as they hear our music." Victoria said.

They were all sitting in a studio with one of SM's most famous music engineers, Kang Dongwoo, thinking of the direction they wanted to take from now on, musically speaking.

"But at the same time, we want something that reflects our personal taste and since its something that always changes and evolves, we still want something new in a way." Amber added.

"We know it's complicated, Oppa. We hope you will understand our vision as you already know the type of music we like to listen to, when we're together." Krystal said.

"Complicated is f(x), but good music is also f(x) because of that. It's unique. I'm sure we will come up with something that has your signature all over it. I can feel that this album will be great as per usual." The engineer told them.

"Hyogsi, from our Kang Dongwoo-shi!" Luna exclaimed.

All of them were feeling revived about their new project and it reassured them to know that the people they worked with also understood their vision.

They discussed it a little longer before cutting the reunion shorter than planned because Krystal and Amber had to leave to attend their respective commitments.

"I can't believe we're doing this at four, for real. It feels weird." Luna said, as the girls walked out of the room.

None of the other three replied with words but they all smiled and nodded their heads at their member, understanding and sharing the feeling.

"I have to go. I'll see you girls later!"

Krystal said, waving goodbye at her members as she walked away from them.

She got in her car and drove off to VIXX's dorm. She was picking up Leo, Ken and N. They all agreed that it would be easier for them to drive there all together, in Krystal's car.

She parked in their private parking lot and made her way up to the apartment before calling her brother and telling him that she was at the door.

"Annyeong, Miss Jung!" Ken said when he opened the door for her.

"Annyeong Oppa! How have you been?" She asked him as she followed him inside.

"Good! Don't mind the mess. I'll go get the two divas!" He told her before running somewhere.

The boys moved from their old dorm a few weeks back and because they were always busy with schedules they still haven't managed to put all of their stuff away. Krystal looked around the condo and chuckled at the sight of all the boxes that were pilled up in the living room.

"Now I know why he sleeps at home lately." She said under her breath.

One of the doors opened and let appear a very happy Hyuk. He walked towards her with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Jung Soojung-shi, welcome to my new home!" He told her, bowing 90 degrees in front of her.

She laughed before playfully pushing him.

"How have you been?" She asked the younger man, before smiling too.

"I'm good, Noona. Long time no see. Have a seat!"

He brought her a cup of fresh water before sitting down next to her.

Krystal was quite close with her brother's members, feeling less pressured to have them as friends than other celebrities she saw every day, for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that they had all known each other for a while now, or maybe just because of the fact that they were from a different agency.

She didn't feel like she needed to be careful around them.

"Why aren't you coming to the showcase, Hyuk-ah?" Krystal asked Hyuk.

"Our CEO only received three invitations since it's a really private showcase. I preferred letting the Hyungs who are closer to our 2PM seonbanims go." He replied.

"If you really want to go, I have my father's invitation with me. He can't go."

Hyuk's eyes grew wide as he realized what she was offering him.

"Really?! Wow, thank you, Noona!" He exclaimed before standing up from the sofa.

"I'm going to get changed!"

Krystal laughed again, looking at Hyuk happily running back to his room. Just as he disappeared in his room, Leo and Ken walked out of theirs.

"Annyeong." Leo said with his infamous blank expression, as he hugged his sister.

"Oppa, Hyuk is coming with us. I will give him Ap'daddy's invitation."

"Appa is not coming?" Leo asked her, surprised.

"He flew to Hiroshima three hours ago, for work. It was a last minute call so he couldn't find anyone to replace him." She informed her brother.

"Ah... Keurhae."

"Where is Oppa?" Krystal asked the two boys, referring to N.

"Fixing his hair. For the hundredth time." Ken answered.

"What are you saying?!" N exclaimed, walking out of his room.

"Annyeong, Soojung!" He added before turning back to Ken, ready to take care of his case.

Krystal smiled before talking to her brother.

"Where are Hongbin and Wonshik Oppas?"

"Hongbin is filming for his new drama. Wonshik went out with Kai and Taemin I think." He told her.

"Ah."

The four young adults discussed while waiting for Hyuk to finish getting dressed. They left the apartment after VIXX called their manager to let him know about their whereabouts.

The showcase was two hours away so they stopped at a restaurant to eat together. They were all hungry and N offered to pay for everyone's meal, so they were all quite eager to eat for free.

~~~~~~~~~~

The showcase was now an hour away and Jessica was on her way to her family's house. When she got there she called them down because they didn't have much time left. Jessica didn't want to be stuck in traffic and miss even a bit of the show.

Jaehyun came down first. As soon as he saw his sister, he smiled at her and went in for a hug. Even though she had a lot of things on her mind, she happily welcomed her baby brother's gesture of affection.

"How have you been?" She asked him.

"Good. Noona, you look really pretty today." He said while looking at his sister's outfit.

"Thank you!" She replied in English, smiling from ear to ear.

She looked at her brother for a little while, then decided to see if she was right about what they did.

"Jaehyun-ah... Can you be honest with Noona?"

"Mm? Why so suddenly... Of course, Noona. What's wrong?"

He asked, scanning her outfit again to see if there was something on it.

"A few months ago... the day I left for New York with mom... Did someone stop by the house?" She asked him.

Jaehyun suddenly looked up and stared at her, not knowing how to answer that question.

"Yes or No?" She asked him again.

He looked away for a split second before looking back at her and smiling faintly. That's all Jessica needed to have a confirmation. She knew that Jaehyun was incapable of lying to her, or lying at all.

"Why did you guys hide it from me?" She simply asked.

She didn't feel like she needed to be more specific about the matter, as her brother seemed to be aware of what she was reffering to.

"We didn't want to hide it from you, Noona. Taekwoon Hyung was just very worried about how you would feel again."

"So it was Taekwoon?!" She asked him

"Well, we didn't agree at first, but in the end we didn't tell you either so we're all guilty." Jaehyun admitted.

Jessica looked at him without saying anything.

"Keundae Noona, in Hyung's defense he was genuinely looking out for you and wasn't doing anything maliciously. There are obviously things I don't know about, but that he must have witnessed and he felt like he needed to protect you from getting hurt any more."

She stared at her younger brother, listening carefully.

"I don't think that he is even aware that we kept it a secret from you in the end. Because we strongly protested when he told us first." Jaehyun continued.

"Mianhae, Noona." He added, sounding really sorry.

Jessica heaved a sigh but before she could say anything more, their mother joined them.

Please log in to read the full chapter