May 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

May 15, 2016

 

It had been three weeks since Jessica's terrifying encounter with the reporters at Incheon's Airport. Since then, a lot of things happened.

After she was urgently escorted to her car, with the help of the airport's security officers, she texted Taecyeon and told him not to go out from the main entrance, then immediately called Tyler to inform him of the situation.

They both decided to reach out to Taecyeon first and talk about what measures to take, according to the types of photos of them that had been published.

Tyler could find all of them, and even though there was nothing too compromising happening in them, they still told enough for everyone to know for sure that Taecyeon and Jessica were indeed dating.

As soon as she let Taecyeon know about hers and Tyler's conclusion, they agreed to confirm the news.

It wasn't an easy process, at all.

Jessica was already on a lot of Korean netizens' black list, for no particular reason, and that news didn't help.

For two years, some of them thought she had left her former group to go and get married with Tyler, but to learn that one, she wasn't even dating him in the first place, and two, to realize that she is dating one of the most desired celebrities in the industry?

They didn't like to be wrong, at all!

Some started dubbing her relationship as some media play to get her first solo album to sell, and others just blatantly hated on her, online.

The three to four days after the confirmation, she made herself really small and avoided being seen in too many public places. She wasn't dealing with it the best way.

Thankfully, Taecyeon was there for her, all the while.

Instead of waiting for the confirmation to go out through their respective agencies, Taecyeon posted a photo of his fandom name on Instagram and captioned it with a lengthy and heartfelt message to them, and advised Jessica to do the same thing.

Their fans appreciated the respect and consideration shown to them, and responded quite positively in general.

When Jessica announced that her new music video and album would drop on the 16th of the month of May, everyone was more than excited.

No one apart from Krystal had seen both the videos, and Jessica was excited to finally be able to share them with the world, but most importantly with the rest of her family.

When she was recording the album, all she could think of, was them. She would remember the times when she was in deep depression because of what had happened, and how her parents suffered from seeing her like that.

She kept thinking of all the times she tried to act brave in front of them, but they somehow always knew exactly how she felt.

All the times her siblings went out of their way to show her that they had her back, no matter what.

She thought of her parents and her sister, and how they would stay up on the phone with her for hours, some nights, just because she had severe anxiety crises.

She remembered all those nights when she would sit and stare ahead, at nothing in particular, just asking herself how the hell she was going to get past that phase.

But now, the time has passed, and she has completely moved on.

She never really paid too much attention to what people said about her behind her back, but now that there was Taecyeon involved, she seemed to be a lot more concerned.

She didn't want to be a negative force in his life.

She was at a café, waiting to go live on Vlive around 11pm, for the special countdown broadcast with her fans.

Krystal was in China, Irene was working late on a shoot, and Taecyeon had planned to hang out with s after their schedule was done.

Jessica and him didn't want to create another ruckus by him coming down to the place to support her, so he told her he would try to monitor it if his schedule worked out fine.

"Sica, are you ready?" Her manager asked.

They had just finished putting the microphone and all the connected wires for the sound and image.

She nodded her head and smiled, before he gave the final okay to the staff.

All of her staff members were there to cheer on her, even those who didn't really work with her on this particular broadcast.

In a matter of minutes she was live.

 

 

Jessica

 

Jessica had spent almost an hour with her fans, playing games, communicating, and just bonding over the excitement of her new release.

"There's only one minute left before the video drops! I'm so excited!" I said.

I looked at the comments once more.

"I know. You've been waiting for so long! Thank you!" I replied to some.

After what seemed like the longest minute of my life, my video was put for the live viewers to see first.

"Oh my God! Eotteokhae?!" I said.

My entire staff became still, as we all watched anxiously. Most of them were watching it for the first time too, so they were all as focused as one could be.

I waited patiently for it to be over, and when the signal was finally given to me, I smiled to the camera again.

"Nae! This was my first ever video, Fly! How did you guys like it?" I asked my fans.

My entire crew burst into cheers and applauded for me.

"Omo! Aha! Thank you so much! My staff again, guys!" I said.

I was so thankful.

"So, guys, how was it?" I asked again, looking at the comments.

"Best video ever! I feel so proud! Congratulations, Eonnie! I loved it!"

I read a whole bunch of them, feeling tears coming to my eyes.

"I'm so happy, guys. Thank you so much for always being there for me, and for supporting me. I love you from the bottom of my heart"

I took a deep breath and continued.

"To my family, thank you. I don't even need to list all the things you did for me. You're undoubtedly the best parents and siblings anyone could wish for"

I closed the iPad and sat up straight again.

"I've got to go now, but I want to thank my great friends for their support. Thank you for giving me all the love, whenever I needed it. And last, but definitely not least, my fans. Without you, there's no me. Thank you for waiting for me, for so long! If it wasn't for you, this day wouldn't have came, and I wrote this album especially for you all. Don't stress over futile things, I just wish for you all to enjoy it. I love you!"

My manager gave a me a sign to tell me to close it.

"I love you! Thank you! Goodnight!" I finished.

I waved and blew them some kisses, until I was signaled that the live was over.

"Woah! Congratulations!" My staff members shouted.

I laughed and thanked all of them for their hard work.

Tyler walked in with two huge bouquet of flowers, about ten minutes after we were done.

"Oh, wow! Who are these from?" I asked him.

"You don't even ask who they're for?" He retorted.

"Aren't they for me?" I asked again.

He stopped for a second then smirked.

"Good job, Sherlock. These are from me, and the other ones from your boyfriend"

I gasped in surprise. Taecyeon and I talked before my live, but he was supposed to be too busy to even watch the show, but in the midst of all of that, he had still managed to send a bouquet of flower for me.

I have the best boyfriend, ever!

I turned and thanked Tyler too. If it wasn't for him believing in me and my dr

Please log in to read the full chapter