July 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

July 2016

 

Leo walked into his sisters' apartment with a hospital bag on his shoulder. Krystal followed him close behind, held by Jaehyun and Mama Jung.

Two days prior, Krystal had been admitted to Gangnam Central Hospital, after fainting, following an event. Her anemia played with her health, and because she had not been taking care of her body too well, it just dropped her.

"I'm fine, I can walk guys" Krystal said.

"Soojung, stop arguing. We're there already" Her mother exclaimed.

"I'm not arguing"

"Soojung, that's enough" Leo said.

She looked at him and sighed. She did not dare to talk back to her brother. Plus she did not even feel as good as she wanted to let appear.

"I'm going to bring you some water, Noona" Jaehyun said, leaving towards the kitchen.

"Sit down for now. I'm going to go make your bed" Mama Jung said.

Leo and Krystal were left alone in the living room. He sat down next to her on the sofa, and took his phone out.

"I'm sorry for ruining your plans with Hayoung" She said.

"Soojung, it's fine. There's nowhere else I'd rather be, when one of you is sick"

"I know. Thank you"

"No. Thank you. For fighting so hard" He replied.

The reason why everyone was so on the edge was because Krystal did not just lost consciousness for a while, but she had so little blood cells in her body that she could have died from it. Even after elevating her cells, she stayed unconscious for an entire day.

She only woke up that morning. Her entire family was worried about her, but thankfully, she was fine now.

"Did you update Minhyuk Oppa on the situation?" She asked her brother.

She turned and leaned her head on his shoulder, looking for a comfortable position. He stretched his arm around her shoulder so that she could be more at ease.

"Yes. He is on a plane back to Seoul at the moment. He couldn't leave earlier because of his commitment. Don't hold it against him" Leo replied.

"I won't, don't worry. I totally understand" Krystal said.

They stayed silent for a short while, then Mama Jung came back.

"Do you want to eat something in particular?"

"Hm?... Jjampong?" She replied.

Her mother chuckled and nodded her head.

"Let's go for that, then"

"Mom, I can order the food. Don't worry, and go back to work" Leo said.

"I can't leave her alone in this state" Mama Jung protested.

"She won't be alone. We're here with her" Jaehyun said, coming back from the kitchen.

"Don't worry, Mom" Leo repeated.

Mama Jung looked at her sons, then her daughter. Jaehyun was helping her drink the glass of water he brought for her, and a feeling of reassurance came onto her.

"Alright... Call me if anything happens, and I mean anything, Taekwoon. Jessica won't be back before two days, so I need one of you to sleep here tonight and tomorrow. If you can't, drive her home to us"

"Roger that" Leo replied.

"Okay. Take care of yourself, baby. I love you so, so much. Please take care of your health" Mama Jung told Krystal.

They hugged for a long time, then her kids walked her to the door, except for Krystal who was not allowed to.

Her brothers came back to her, and sat down again.

"Jae, didn't you have a schedule today?" Krystal asked him.

"Not until later today"

"Oppa?" She asked, turning to Leo.

"Later too. But I told them I might not be able to make it, because I'm not going to leave if you're alone"

"I'm going to be fine, Oppa"

"I'm not even going to argue with you. I'm not leaving if you're alone" He insisted.

Jaehyun chuckled at Krystal's defeated expression and stood up to grab the TV remote.

"This is the perfect time for our annual Harry Potter marathon" He said.

"Aren't we going to do it with Noona, this year?" Leo asked.

"Oppa, you know that she never really watches anyway. She'll just pick up with us, wherever we stop"

"Alright. Put it on, I'm going to order the food"

The three of them spent the first part of the day watching the two first movies, and talking about their favorite parts and characters, like they do every time.

They ate together before Jaehyun's manager came to get him for his schedule. He did not leave without almost warning Krystal to take better care of her health.

"I'm serious, Jung Noona. I never want to get that type of call again, alright?" He said.

"I'm sorry. I love you" Krystal said, hugging him.

"I love you too"

He broke away from the hug, and quickly hugged his brother before leaving. Krystal and Leo were left alone once again.

"What do you want to do now that the fun brother has left?" Krystal joked.

"Ha-ha, hilarious. Not" Leo said, smiling. "I don't know about me, but you are taking a nap. They asked you to get a lot of rest" He continued.

"Oppa... I'm not sleepy!"

"But you're tired. Come on, Mom made your bed"

He pulled her to her room, then left for her to get changed. When he came back she was already in bed, so he put a cup of tea on her nightstand.

"Sleepy now?" He asked.

"Kind of" She smiled.

"See?"

He covered her with a thick blanket and tucked her in.

"I'm going to cook dinner in the mean time. You just rest"

"Alright. Thank you, Oppa" She said.

"Don't mention it. I love you" He said.

"I love you too" She replied.

She drifted into a deep sleep very soon after that.

When she woke up, five hours had passed, and it was already 6 p.m.. She moved around in bed, stretching and waking up slowly. She turned to her nightstand and saw that the cup of tea had disappeared, and was replaced by a note.

She took it and read it.

"I threw the tea because it got cold. Call out when you're up, so that I can bring you another cup of it"

She sat up and fixed her messy hair, before calling her brother.

"Oppa?" She said.

Some noise was heard from the living room and after a few seconds, someone popped their head into the door frame.

But it was not Leo. It was Minhyuk.

"Oppa!" She exclaimed.

Minhyuk walked into the room and went to sit next to her. He hugged her immediately.

"Soojung... don't ever do that to me again. Ever" He said.

"I'm sorry"

She had been apologizing to people the entire day, and she knew perfectly well that it was not over.

"You need to take care of your health"

"I know"

"Be aware of your condition, and always monitor it"

"I know"

"And you should lean on people when you're too tired. You should have told your manager that it was too much"

"I know"

"I don't want to receive that type of call, ever again"

"Oppa! I'm fine now... and I've missed you, so just kiss me already!" She said.

He finally smiled and obliged to her request with no hesitation. They broke apart after a few seconds, and Minhyuk hugged her tight again.

"I love you" He said.

"I love you too" She replied.

"Come on, your brother cooked us some food"

"Where is he?" Krystal asked.

"He left for his interview about an hour ago"

"When did you get here?" She asked again.

They both walked together to the living room and Minhyuk installed her comfortably on the so

Please log in to read the full chapter