February 2015

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

February 12th 2015

Jessica was in Singapore with her mother, working on her brand with some of her new associates, and she was enjoying it. The fact that she was in control of all the aspects of her professional life made her happy. She was slowly but surely getting used to all the changes in her life, and she was definitely happier now than she was 5 months ago.

Her family was relieved to see that she was contended and busy. Seeing her smile was their biggest source of blessing lately, considering all the dark moments she went through.

Krystal was also having an easier time being in the company. She hasn't met any of her sister's former members in a month and a half, so she didn't have to be awkward around anyone.

Plus, she had more important things to deal with at the moment. It was not even like she was trying to avoid them.

For the past three months, Sulli haven't met with any of them and has been avoiding every occasion to do so. At first they thought she just needed some time with her family, to reflect, but they quickly understood that she was just slowly trying to cut the ties without hurting them. Unfortunately, she was indeed hurting them.

The girls were apprehending what was coming and even though they all wanted to be optimistic, they also had to be realistic. With so much happening, Jessica and Krystal needed to be with each other.

The sisters planned to meet as soon as Jessica would be back, to have dinner together and catch up with everything.

Leo was also busy recording a new album with s and getting ready for his new musical. Everything was looking bright for him at the moment and seeing his sisters happy added so much more to the whole thing.

No matter how busy they were, Jessica and Leo made it a priority to always spend the more time as possible with their family. As the oldest children, they needed to be there for their younger siblings and help them pave their way in life.

They still didn't know when Jaehyun would be debuting, so they wanted to spend enough time with him and create great memories before it happened.

It was especially important for Leo to have a strong bond with his brother and to give him his entire and utter support as an older brother.

Krystal was also living happily and peacefully despite of the fact that Jessica wasn't often home with her.

She has gradually found herself spending more and more time with Sehun and Kai, which contributed to her happiness. Since she hasn't been that busy lately, she had time to watch their preparations for their upcoming album. She was envious of them.

She couldn't wait for f(x)'s new album to be in the works. Amber and her have been writing for it for a few months now, and they couldn't wait to get to the phase where they all decide about concepts and stuff like that together.

She was currently at SM for some meetings with new commercial companies. The good thing about being an 'unemployed' idol is that even when you're inactive for a while, there are so many new opportunities that can come your way. Precisely because you're completely free to work.

Once she got out of her meetings a few hours later, she decided to look for her friends and see if any of them was free for dinner. Her dad was leaving for a business trip later today, Leo was leaving for japan tonight, and Jaehyun had to practice until very late. Her members were busy too, and she didn't want to have dinner alone.

She started with the SHINee boys. She knew they were at the company, recording for their summer comeback, so she made her way to their habitual recording room and silently walked in.

"Annyeonghaseyo." She said as soon as she saw the producers.

The few staff members present turned around and were surprised to see her.

"Oh, Soojung. How are you?" The head producer asked her.

"I'm good. Aren't the oppas here today?" She asked him as she looked around the SHINee free studio.

"Yes they are. Minho and Onew are in the two isolated booths right now, recording some font harmonies." He answered.

"Soojung, you can sit down. They'll be done in a few." SHINee's manager told her.

She sat down in a corner and took her phone out to text the other members to ask where they were.

"I went to buy some snacks with Taeminie. Are you at our studio?" Jonghyun replied as soon as she texted him.

"Eo. I came to say hi. Are you going to record all night?" She asked him.

"I think so. I think Minho and Kibum will have the night off though." He answered.

Krystal pondered for a while after that text message. She would love to have dinner with Minho, as it's been a while since they had a good talk, but at the same time, she will feel bad for taking away his only night rest. She knew Key already had plans with Amber and Luna, so it was unnecessary to ask him.

"Oh, Soojung! What are you doing here?" Onew asked when he walked out of the booth.

He sat next to her and patted her head affectionately. Minho came out of his own booth a second later.

"Came to see how things were going." She said.

"So far, so good. We're slowly getting back to it." Minho replied.

She stayed a little longer and made small talk with them. She then bid them goodbye before leaving for EXO's practice room.

"I doubt any of them will be free. Their comeback is in a month." She said to herself as she walked towards EXO's personal practice room.

She knocked at the door twice before walking in. The members were all sitting down on the floor, forming a circle, and they looked like they were having a serious talk.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll come back later." She said before starting to close the door back.

"Ani, Soojung-ah! We were already done, don't worry." Suho said before she completely closed it.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Yes, come in." He confirmed.

"What brings you here?" Chen asked his dongsaeng.

"I came to see who was free tonight. I know it sounds weird, but I'm supposed to have dinner alone because everyone around me is busy and I don't really like that." She truthfully said, looking at her two best friends.

"Are we busy tonight?" Kai asked their leader.

"Not you two. Some of us have to record tonight, but you two are free." Suho replied, looking at Sehun and Kai.

"Are you the one cooking, Soojung?" Baekhyun asked Krystal.

"Ah... yes. Ha-ha." She shyly replied.

"We're going to die of food poisoning tonight. Never forget that I loved you all very much, hyungs." Sehun started joking.

Everyone laughed when Krystal shoved him on the head.

"So, are you coming or not?" She asked them again, to make sure.

"It depends. Hyung, didn't you want to work on a choreography tonight?" Kai asked Lay.

"Mm? Ah, we can do that tomorrow. Don't let her have dinner alone tonight." Lay said.

"Ah, if they're busy, it's okay! Don't worry for me, oppa!" She told him.

"No, they're fine. They can go." Lay insisted.

"Who else want to join?" Krystal asked the rest of the members.

"We would have loved to, but we're recording all night tonight." Baekhyun said, earning a knowing nod from all the members who had to record too.

After a few more banter, some members left for the recording room and the rest stayed to practice a little longer.

"We're going to have dinner at my apartment, and then I'm going to drive you guys back home later." She explained as they walked in the hallways.

"No, it's fine. We can ask Suho hyung to come pick us up with our manager on their way home." Kai said.

"That will look weird. I have to pick Jaehyun after his practice so I will drive you guys back, don't worry." She insisted.

"Arrasseo. Let's go, then." Sehun said, cutting the conversation short.

Krystal's manager was waiting for her outside, and he was surprised to see the two boys following her behind.

"Oppa, we're going to stop at the mart to buy some stuff. Will you be able to shop for a few things for me?" She asked him once they were all in the car.

"Yes sure. What do you need?" He asked, starting the car.

"I'll write everything down for you. What do you want to eat, boys?" She asked her friends who sat together at the back of the car.

"I kind of want to eat western food today. Everything will be fine except fried chicken!" Sehun said, making Krystal laugh.

"What's the point of eating western food without fried chicken?" Kai said, faking to be shocked at his brother's remark.

They all chuckled before Krystal plugged her phone with the car's auxiliary and started playing her favorite playlist.

"Do we have to listen to your weird classic songs again?" Sehun asked her.

"Yah! It's not weird!" She protested.

"I like it." Kai said.

"Of course you do, your taste in music is as weird as hers." Sehun said.

Kai shoved him on the arm.

"Yah, what's with you two? Every time I'm with either one of you, I get beaten up." Sehun exclaimed.

"You deserve it!" Kai and Krystal said in unison, making all of them laugh.

They got to the mart, and the manager went to buy ingredients for the food. They got to the JeKrys house quickly after he came back.

Kai and Sehun have been to the sisters' house once in December for about ten minutes, just to wait for Krystal who was getting changed before a company dinner. Jessica wasn't there that time either.

Please log in to read the full chapter