July 2015

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

July 15th 2015

Jessica was on her way to Japan again after a while. She was going to spend three days with the members of 2PM and especially, Taecyeon, her boyfriend.

Taecyeon and Jessica are officially a couple. They've decided to give it a try a month ago, on the day of 2PM's comeback. Just thinking that she was on her way to see her man made her smile.

So many things happened that night and the few days after, that she still couldn't believe it.

Flashback

Jessica was at her parents' home with her mother when Krystal and Leo walked in with Hyuk. The three of them came home right after dropping Ken at his family home, downtown.

"We're in the kitchen!" Jessica exclaimed when she heard the door opening.

She shoved another piece of the pecan pie her mother just cooked, in as her siblings walked in the room.

"Hello!" Krystal said, sitting down at the table.

"Hello. Oh, Hyuk-ah." Mrs Jung exclaimed when she saw her son's friend.

"I invited Hyuk over for the night because everyone is busy at the dorm tonight." Leo explained, sitting down too.

"Welcome!" Mrs Jung added, smiling at Hyuk.

"Come sit down next to me!" Jessica told him, patting at the empty chair next to her.

Hyuk smiled at nodded his head before walking over to her and sitting down on the chair.

"Ah! Pecan pie! Mom, when did you make this?" Krystal asked.

She finally realized that her sister was eating something and she was pleasantly surprised to see that it was her favorite, a pecan pie.

"I made it for all of you. It just came out of the oven."

"Woah, Daebak! I want some!" She said, standing up from the table to go get herself a plate.

"Grab me a plate too, please. Hyuk-ah, do you want some?" Leo spoke.

"Yes, sure! I've never had pecan pie before."

"Are you sure? I thought we had one last time we went to Japan."

"Ani. I've never tasted this type of pie before." Hyuk replied.

"That was with me, kid." Jessica said, interfering.

Leo looked up and gasped when he realized that he mixed up the memories in his head. Mrs. Jung laughed and ruffled her son's hair before standing up from the table.

She put water to boil, to start preparing some tea for everyone.

"What were you talking about before we came in?" Krystal asked her sister as their mother sat back down.

"Eomma was scolding me about avoiding the girls earlier." Jessica replied.

"And yours is coming too. Why did you pull your sister away like that, earlier?"

"Hm? I wanted to prevent the awkward situation that was coming."

"I understand that, but I told you girls multiple times not to make it so obvious that you have a problem with them, in front of people. Onlookers will get the wrong idea of you."

"But I didn't really feel like talking to them, Eomma. What would we have to talk about? Nothing." Jessica interjected.

"A simple greeting would have sufficed. People were probably awkward because they saw you avoiding each other." Their mother insisted.

"I'm just saying this for your own good. We know that they've hurt you, Sooyeon-ah, but you've moved on. So, next time let's do it professionally, alright?" She added.

"Ani, Eomma, waeyo?" Krystal exclaimed, not understanding what was so wrong about the way they acted.

She knew that her mother was only trying to prevent any misinterpretation of their attitude from happening, but she felt like it was pretty natural for them to act like that at this point. Leo was silently listening to the conversation but he agreed with his sisters.

He couldn't understand why Jessica had to make that effort, knowing that she wouldn't even be meeting the girls in the future anyway.

"Soojung. Please understand where I am coming from. I'm just looking out for you both. A simple hello next time, okay?" She said as she looked at Krystal.

"I doubt there will be a next time but alright. I'll say hi if I really have to." Jessica said, finally giving in.

"I say hi every time I see them at the company, so does it count?" Krystal asked before smiling sheepishly.

"Aigo!" Mrs Jung said as she grabbed her cheeks and pressed them playfully.

Jessica didn't share her mother's way of thinking on this matter, but she'd rather let it slide than argue with her because of people who were no longer part of her life anyway.

She knew that she was just being a mother.

"Don't worry too much, Mrs. Jung." Jessica said, after a while.

"I saw you talking to them, Eomma." Leo told his mother while taking another bite of the pie.

"It was very brief. I didn't really know what to say."

"See? There's nothing to say." Krystal said, insisting on the matter.

"Anyway, let's change the subject! How come we're still talking about people from my past when we're here all together?"

Jessica chuckled before looking at Hyuk who had been silent all this while.

"Making poor Hyuk uncomfortable!" She said, before smiling at him.

"Hyuk-ah do you want some milk with the pie? Or some tea?" Mrs Jung asked him.

"Ah, some milk will be fine, please. Thank you Imo!"

"Let's watch 2PM's MV! I think it came out by now." Krystal suggested as they all moved to the living room.

"Oh yes, let's do that!" Their mother exclaimed excitedly.

They all laughed at her enthusiasm before Leo played the video on the big TV screen. Mrs. Jung loved it to say the least. 

After a while and a little more chit-chatting, Mrs Jung went to take a shower and get ready to cook dinner while the siblings and Hyuk sat down together in the living room.

They played board games for almost two hours, then put a movie to pass the time before dinner.

Jaehyun came back while they were in the middle of the movie and was happy to see so many people in the house. Since the day his siblings moved out, he got used to coming home to his mother only and sometimes he missed having them around everyday.

Even though they often called and visited, they rarely had time to do much things all together. Jaehyun thought it was quite sad.

Lately he thought a lot about his debut. He had a feeling things were starting to get serious for him and his friends as the time went by and was excited about whatever news was coming but he couldn't help but be worried too.

He was thinking about his dear mother. She only had him left at home and soon he would have to move out too, leaving her alone. He wasn't looking forward to not seeing her every day, at all. Just thinking that she would be spending her days without seeing him, made him sad.

"Jaehyun-ah!" Jessica said, motioning for her brother to come give her a hug.

"Where is mom?" He asked after hugging his sister.

"In her room." Krystal replied.

He nodded his head and headed towards his parents' bedroom. He knocked at the door and waited for his mother to let him in.

"Come in!" She told him.

"Mommy." He said as he walked in.

He smiled at her and made his way over to her to give her a tight hug.

"Did you just get home?" She asked him.

"Mm. Are you talking with Appa?" He asked.

"Eo." She said, turning the laptop's screen towards her son.

They were talking via skype when he walked in, but his father was focused on something on his phone and didn't realize that someone walked in.

"Annyeong, Commander!" Jaehyun exclaimed, making his father look up from his phone.

"Oh, how are you, Adeul?" Mr Jung asked as he smiled at his son.

"I'm good! How was your flight?"

"Fine. I've worked all day today so I'm a little tired though."

"Try to get some rest while you're there." Jaehyun told him.

"I will try!"

"Yeobeo, all of your kids are home at the moment. Let me go get them so that they can say hi at least." Mrs Jung said.

She started standing up from the bed but Jaehyun stopped her in her tracks.

"I'll go get them. Stay here, Eomma." He told her.

He jogged out of her room and to the living room. He told his siblings to come talk to their father and walked back in with them a minute later.

"Annyeong Ap'Daddy!" Jessica and Krystal said at the same time, looking at the laptop.

"Hello, my beautiful princesses! How are you?"

"We're good! How was your flight?" Jessica asked.

"Just fine! How are you Taek-ah?"

"I'm good, Abeoji." He said as he sat down on the floor next to the bed.

Jessica and Krystal jumped next to their mother on the bed while Jaehyun kneeled down next to his brother.

"How was the showcase?" He asked them.

"It was amazing,Yeobeo! The boys did such a good job!" Their mother replied before anyone could even speak.

"Eomma has become a Hottest in a matter of two hours." Krystal said.

The siblings laughed at Krystal's remark while the parents were confused as to why she just said that.

"It just means that Eomma is a new fan of 2PM! She kept saying that him or him was handsome, and so on!" Jessica explained, before laughing again.

"I don't know the other members that well, but how was Taecyeon?" Their father asked.

"Hyung was so cool.Their new song is really great!" Jaehyun replied.

Their father nodded his head again.

"When are you coming back?" Leo asked this time.

"In two or three days. I'm trying to finish this as soon as possible to be back home on time for our wedding anniversary."

"Oh!!!" The siblings exclaimed in unison.

"He must have prepared something!" Jessica added.

"Appa, fighting!" Krystal exclaimed, smiling at him.

The family spoke for about ten more minutes before Leo went back to join Hyuk in the living room, soon followed by Jaehyun and the girls. They let their parents talk in private for the remaining time.

Please log in to read the full chapter