February 2016

Lighthouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

-------------------------

February 2016

 

"Passports?" Mama Jung asked.

"Check!" Krystal replied.

"Boarding passes?" She asked again.

"Check!" Jessica replied.

"Jaehyun?"

"Check!" Leo said, grabbing his brother by the shoulders.

Everyone laughed as Jaehyun whined to his mother that he wasn't a child anymore.

The family was in the hallway of the parents' apartment building, getting ready to go down to the car. They were leaving for Bali, for their family trip that day, and they were all excited.

"Thank you for driving us to the airport, Oppa!" Jessica told her manager.

"It's no big deal. Hopefully you'll have a good and relaxing time." He told her as he helped Leo and Jaehyun load up the trunk of the car.

Once they were all inside, they departed for Incheon International Airport.

"So, you're only coming to Bali with us?" Krystal asked her parents.

"Yes, I need to be back in four days for work, and your mother has to come back to take care of the shop." Papa Jung replied.

"Next time we're all going to go back to Dubai together, we promise!" Mama Jung added.

They were only able to free their schedules for a few days, and would only be going to Bali, on this family trip. It was quite funny to the kids to see how busy their parents are, when idols like them had managed to get two weeks of vacation.

They got to the airport in no time, and Jessica's manager, her father, and her brother Leo started unloading the trunk, while the rest of them waited in the car. There were a bunch of press reporters and fans taking photos of the happening, but Jessica wasn't too phased, because they had this sort of unspoken arrangement with them, making them not take pictures of their parents. It was just a matter of respect.

When Jessica, Krystal, and Jaehyun finally made their way out of the van, the flashes and screams multiplied in intensity. The siblings, helped by Jessica's manager, let their parents and Jaehyun go into the building first before stopping to let everyone take photos of them.

The three of them posed together, all smiles. Jaehyun didn't debut yet, so SM asked for him not to get too exposed, pre-debut.

"Thank you!" Jessica exclaimed.

They bowed to the press and fans before turning around and going in too.

After completing the boarding formalities, they were lead to the VIP waiting lounge.

"Thank you, Oppa! I'll text you when we land!" Jessica told her manager as she saw him off.

"Be careful out there. Have a safe trip, everyone!" He told the family.

He left after making sure that Jessica had everything she needed.

"I can't even remember when was the last time we went on a trip together! Im so excited!" Mama Jung exclaimed.

They weren't the only ones in the room, and some of their celebrity friends stopped by to say hi, so the kids felt as excited as their mother, every time they told someone that they were going on a family vacation.

"Dad and I have so many things lined up for the for next days in Bali! Since it's going to be the destination where we're all going to be together, it's going to be great!" Jessica said.

"I'm just going to lay low and relax. It's been so long." Leo said.

"This trip can't start any sooner!" Jaehyun added.

As they all waited for their flight to start boarding, someone called Jessica's name, making everyone turn around at the same time. It was Seohyun.

Jessica sat up straight, immediately feeling self conscious. Seohyun waved at her as she walked up to them.

"Seohyun" Jessica said.

Seohyun awkwardly smiled, and nodded her head.

"Annyeonghaseyeo!" She said, greeting the family.

"Ah, Seohyun-ah. How are you?" Mama Jung asked.

"Good, Eomoni. Abeonim, it's been a while. How are you?" She asked.

"Good. You look prettier by the day. It's nice to see you." Papa Jung said.

He was trying to chase the awkwardness away.

"Thank you, so much! Soojung, Taekwoon, how are you?"

"Great, thanks." Leo replied.

Krystal just nodded her head and showed a small smile. Jessica stood up and gave the girl a quick hug.

Since the day she stopped by their house, they have been trying to stay in touch, but everything was very superficial between them. There was not much left of their previous family like bond.

"Where are you going?" Jessica asked.

"Australia. TaeTiSeo is having a performance there. What about you?" She quickly asked.

"Ah. That's good! Congratulations.-- We're going on a family trip to Bali." Jessica said.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Seohyun exclaimed.

It made Jessica smile a bit. She remembered some moments from the past. Seohyun has always been her group's maknae, both in year and attitude.

"Well, I just wanted to come and say hi, since I saw you from afar. I'll leave you guys to it." Seohyun added.

"Alright. Have a safe trip." Jessica told her.

"You too! Have fun, everyone!" She told the family.

She squeezed Jessica's hand and gave her a small smile before turning around and leaving. Jessica sat back down next to her mother, and let out a sigh.

"If she is going for a TTS performance, then that means that the two other girls are here too." Krystal said.

"And they didn't come to say hi?" Papa Jung asked.

"Don't take it at heart, Ap'daddy. They must feel awkward coming here, considering our relations. Or lack of relations." Jessica said.

" Anyways, Bali in a few hours! I'm so ready for this!" Krystal said.

She started making her little 'Happy Soojung' dance, making her family laugh. Leo leaned back against his seat and closed his eyes.

"Wake me up when we have to board, please."

Just as he said that, a woman announced that their flight was beginning to board. And VIPs always go first.

The entire family burst out laughing at Leo, because the timing was scarily hilarious. They gathered their stuff and started towards their gate door.

Jessica turned to wave at her celebrity friends that were still waiting for their flights, and met with Seohyun's eyes in the process. The two other members were standing next to her, and for a second their gazes met, but Jessica turned her head back to Seohyun and waved at her.

Seohyun smiled and waved back.

"Let's go!" Jessica exclaimed.

She was excited to be going on a trip with her whole family. She knew it was going to be a one of a kind experience.

Soon enough, all of them found their respective seats on board, and Leo could finally start his long awaited nap.

"You're strong." Mama Jung whispered to Jessica, on her way to hers.

Jessica turned and smiled at her mother. She knew she was just trying to cheer her up, but Jessica didn't need it, at this point. She was so over and past all of what happened, almost two years ago. She understood that it was hard for some people to believe that, but she really did forgive and she moved on.

She was onto such new and great things with her life, that she really only focused on the positive.

She sat down and let out a sigh.

"Family vacay, here we come!" Jaehyun said, making Krystal laugh.

She was sitting next to Leo, Jaehyun next to Jessica, and their parents together, but they were all on the same seating alley, so they could see each other.

Six, the perfect number. No one ever felt left out.

While the parents slept throughout the whole trip, the kids were too excited to close even one eye. Except for Leo, who still managed to sleep for two long hours, before Krystal woke him up.

They had prepared a small camera to record all of their moments. Jaehyun was in charge of making a short family movie with the footage.

"Hi, I am Jung Jaehyun, from Seoul. I'm currently on my way to.... dudududu, Bali!!!" He exclaimed, as lowly as he could.

Jessica grinned next to him. There is no one cuter than her brother, she thought.

"But you want to know the best part about going to Bali?-- It's the fact that I'm going with my whole family." He added, looking into the camera.

"Jung Jaehyun reporter" Krystal joked.

"I'm now going to introduce my siblings!" He started. He turned the camera to Leo and Krystal. " This cool looking guy you see? That's my chic older brother. He looks cool, right? Hyung, say hi to the camera!" He continued.

"Jaehyun-ah..." Leo started.

"Oh, come on, Oppa!" Krystal said.

Leo sighed and looked back at his brother, before letting a small grin appear on his face.

"I'm Leo. Nice to meet you."

"Told you he is chic. -- Anyways, this pretty woman right here is one of my sisters. The cool Jung Krystal!"

Krystal smiled and waved her hand dismissively.

"Noon

Please log in to read the full chapter