MINHYUK - 1 [SPECIAL]

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Hi this is thedreamerrr and this is a special chapter because it's done by the new co-author, please give it a read and comment about it! Thank you! :)


He didn’t come.

Dayoung furrowed her eyebrows in disappointment. Last year, their anniversary was merry and lovely. She loved every minute of it, and she never forgot any of the details.

“Is it because it’s our second year? Is it because he doesn’t love me the same way anymore?” she asked to herself, feeling herself regretting every time she got jealous to the girls that flocked around him.

“Maybe he got annoyed by me,” she muttered sadly.

She rubbed her face and stared at her phone, checking for any messages or missed calls. None. Her gaze looked up to the clock on the wall.

01.23

Sighing once more, Dayoung finally decided he didn’t care anymore, and went to sleep. When she woke up, it’s already seven in the morning, and for some reason became sore. Her heart felt heavy and she felt like staying at bed until the day is over.

Disappointment weighed her heart, making her putting some extra effort to breathe. Soft breath went out from her lips as she closed her eyes and put her arm on it.

“Fine, you’re—“

Dayoung stopped when her apartment’s bell rang. Sitting up, she squinted her eyes at her bedroom door. She grunted and raked her hair in frustration. Who decided to visit at this ungodly hour?

The bell kept ringing and Dayoung let out a frustrated breath before dragging herself out from the bed. “Fine, fine,” she said.

Not even caring anymore, she opened her door and yawned. She stepped back in surprise when a flower bucket appeared in front of her face. Staring at the bucket in confusion, she gently lowered the bucket, revealing her boyfriend of two years, Lee Minhyuk.

She just stared into his eyes, not saying a word. Minhyuk gazed at her guiltily, still holding his bucket.

“Baby, I’m so sorry,” he apologized, giving her his most sincere eyes.

Dayoung just stared at him, not even giving him a sign she would say a thing. Minhyuk pouted and held her hand gently. He caressed it with his thumb, his gaze un-wavered at her. He tilted his head a bit, contemplating whether he should tell her the reason right here, right now, or he should postpone it until the day is over.

“Can I.. Can I make it up to you?” he said, his voice soft and gentle.

She stared at her boyfriend before sighing. Of course, she was annoyed by how he just came to her apartment early in the morning after forgetting yesterday’s event.

“Come in,” she walked inside her apartment.

Minhyuk smiled a bit and followed her in. He removed his shoes and sat down on her couch, putting his bucket of flowers on her coffee table.

Dayoung went out from her room, a towel and spare clothes on her left arm. She stopped and faced Minhyuk who eyed her.

“Why did you come?” she asked, trying her best to wear a straight face.

“To make it up to you,” he answered straightly.

She replied with a small scoff before entering her bathroom. He saw disappointment and annoyance in her face and sighed. He knew he was wrong. He knew he shouldn’t let his high school friends drag him to have a party with them and ended up drunk the whole night.

“I’m so stupid” Minhyuk muttered, raking his hair in frustration.

A few minutes passed until Dayoung went out from the bathroom. She rubbed her hair dry then asked him, “What’s your plan?”

He grinned at her before rushed to her side, linking their arms together. “You didn’t have breakfast yet, do you?”

***

Dayoung held back a smile when Minhyuk eyed her lovingly. His gaze didn’t waver even though many girls checked him out. She continued to eat her food and pretended she didn’t know a thing.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” she asked, nodding to his plate that was still untouched.

Minhyuk grinned, showing her his adorable eyes. “I’m full just watching you eat,”

She held back a smile and pretended to be offended. “Did you say I was eating like a pig?” she said in disbelief.

He quickly sat straight and waved his hand no. “No, no, I didn’t mean it like that!” his face was in panic and that successfully made Dayoung laughed.

She turned back to her food with a smile played on her lips. “You should eat too,” she took a slice of egg and offered it to him. He stared at her, and she smiled wider, urging him to eat.

“Feed me” he said, his voice full of aegyo. Shaking her head, she fed him the egg, which earned a small hum from him. He then grinned at her, making her smiled even more.

“You’re such a kid, Lee Minhyuk” she chuckled then ate her food.

“Only for you,” he said with a loving gaze.

Suddenly, a waitress stopped in front of their table. Dayoung noticed how the waitress checked Minhyuk out before turning to her. She clucked her tongue in slight annoyance.

“Miss, there’s a letter for you,” the waitress said, giving Dayoung a letter. She took the letter, examined its exterior. The waitress bowed, glanced at Minhyuk once more before scurrying back to her station.

Dayoung pouted, eyeing Minhyuk. He smiled innocently.

“She checked you out,” she stated. He laughed and shook his head. “Well, she should knew I already belong to someone else”

She turned her gaze to the envelope in front of her. She opened the lid, then glanced at Minhyuk. “What if it’s a love letter?” she asked. “Then let me know who sent this” he answered, anticipating her to open the envelope.

Without another word, Dayoung pulled out the letter from inside. She gasped when a ring landed on her table. “What..?” she trailed, eyeing Minhyuk who still had that innocent smile on his face. “It’s you, isn’t it?” she accused, a bright smile started to appear.

He just answered her with a shrug and a smile. She laughed and held the ring in her palm before reading the letter.

Listen to me

Dayoung looked up immediately when Minhyuk held her hands. A bright smile decorated his lips, and his eyes never once lose its glint.

 

I’m running out of breath

‘Cause you’re so perfect

So perfect so perfect girl

Yeah I want you by my side

‘cause you’re so perfect so perfect so perfect

 

I can’t forget, I wanna go back to that day

And stop just for a minute

 

‘Cause you’re so perfect

So perfect so perfect girl

Perfect so perfect yeah

The girls that watched the entire show squealed and mumbling how lucky she is to have a boyfriend as sweet as him.

Dayoung was overwhelmed with happiness as he slipped the ring onto her finger. Just to add jealousy to the girls around them, he kissed her hand, as if she’s the most valuable princess that he needed to protect.

***

Dayoung stared in awe at the building in front of her. She grew excited and turned to Minhyuk like a child asking permission to their parents.

“We are really, really going to go there?” she asked, her eyes glinted with excitement.

He nodded, fully satisfied to his choice to bring her here. So it really worth it, he grinned to himself. Dayoung gasped and quickly dragged Minhyuk along with her into the Aquarium. He knew really well she loved the water, and she never really got the chance to visit the Aquarium after her sixth grade.

Minhyuk chuckled as she dragged him along the way, awing at the view in front of her. The atmosphere was calm and peaceful. She loved how the blue color made her felt at ease.

“Minhyuk, let’s go to the tunnel!” she glanced at him with a wide grin. “Sure,” he replied with that sweet smile he kept showing to her.

Dayoung finally slowed down when she entered the tunnel. Her eyes roamed over the creatures that swam above her.

“Whoa!” Minhyuk pointed to a stingray which swam around the glass. “His face looked so scary” he said with wide eyes.

“It’s not his face, his eyes were at the upper part, it’s his mouth,” she explained, laughing at his hilarious face.

“Whoa,” he muttered, looking around, just as amazed as Dayoung is.

As they walked in the tunnel, her hand slid down to his wrist, and he intertwined their hands. The two smiled happily while absorbing the beautiful view upon them. When they got out of the tunnel, Minhyuk dragged her to see some sharks.

“Baby, look at those sharp teeth! It could rip us apart in seconds!” Minhyuk exclaimed, pointing to a shark that swam at the middle of the tank. She parted their intertwining hands and eyed the sharks.

Dayoung leaned her face closer to the tank, examining the things in it. Just then, she spotted the biggest shark, resting just a few meters from the glass.

“Whoa, Minhyuk—“ she turned, and the smile was wiped from her face, replaced with a frown.

“Minhyuk?” she called, looking around. Her frown got deeper, as the Aquarium was crowded at this hour and it was nearly impossible to find him amongst the crowd.

Dayoung started to walk away in attempt to search for her boyfriend. She walked past the turtle’s tank, and the tank filled with dolphins caught her attention. She approached the tank, immediately greeted with a dolphin that swam near the glass.

A small smile played on her lips as a few dolphins approached her.

You’re like a comic book star

No matter how much I look, you’re so unrealistic

Dayoung quickly turned around and stepped back when she found Minhyuk stood there as his group of friends—Monsta X, grinned at her.

Even if you don’t try, your body line shows

Your thin waist, your long straight hair

Everything about you is so beautiful

I want you

Minhyuk reached for her hand and smiled lovingly while he smiled. She was lost for words, and she just kept looking into his eyes. The crowd started to divert their attention to the event he made, and some even recorded it.

He and his group didn’t mind, they just sang.

A wave of relief hit Dayoung and she suddenly wanted to cry. She was so lucky to have him in her life. He’s the only person in the world that coped up with her constant mood swings and nagging. He meant her life, and she never wanted to trade him for anything.

‘Cause you’re so perfect

So perfect so perfect girl

Perfect so perfect yeah

At the end of the song, Minhyuk smiled apologetically to her. “I’m really sorry I didn’t remember about our second anniversary yesterday,” he apologized, caressing the ring he just got her.

She was touched, and the smile on her lips never vanished. “It’s okay,”

“Thank you for being the only girl who understood me fully, the only one who never complained about my annoying attitude, the only one who always showed me the best smile whenever I needed it,” he hugged her in gratitude.

His friends whooped and cheered for the couple, followed by the crowd.

“I should be the one thanking you. You’re the only one who understands me whenever I’m upset, and you always knew what to do. You’re the only one I felt secure with, and the only one who never got mad whenever I’m being childish, thank you, Minhyuk,” Dayoung held her breath to prevent her from crying.

“I’m glad you still love me even after these two years,” Minhyuk pulled out, grinning widely.

“Why wouldn’t I?” she chuckled.

“So.. be mine again?” he asked with the same loving smile he showed her all day.

Dayoung gazed at him and smiled. “Always”

The two leaned close to each other. When they’re inches apart from each other, a Changkyun interrupted them.

“Can I have a meal, hyung?”

Minhyuk turned to his friends with a menacing glare. “Why did you have to ruin the moment?!” Dayoung held his arm and laughed.

“Let the boy have his meal, Minhyuk. He’s starving,” she said, giving Changkyun a wink. The latter grinned in return.

“Fine,” Minhyuk rolled his eyes and went out from the crowd.

He felt a tug on his arm, and turned, only to be pecked on his cheek. He eyed Dayoung who grinned at him. He chuckled and connected their foreheads, vowed to never forget their special event again.