WONHO - 6

MONSTA X Oneshot Requests [REQUEST IS NOW CLOSED!]

Requested by: Pandabacon

OC name: Park Eunmi 

By: ch27


“I dare you!”

“Well, try me” Wonho tilted his head with an amused smirk.

Eunmi frowned while maintaining her defense up. “Don’t you dare come here” she stated, eyeing his every movement.

He suddenly ran forward, making the girl yelp and scrambled away. They ran around the empty park with constant yell and shout. Eunmi turned around quickly dodged Wonho’s arms before distancing herself a few meter away.

Wonho panted before falling on the ground, gathering his breath. He looked up at her, eyes full of determination.

“Well, catch me if you can” Eunmi smiled, teasing the boy.

Sweat was running from his temple, he was sweating all over. “God, you’re not the school’s best runner for nothing,” he complained, chuckling.

“Well, with running, I can avoid certain things” she shrugged with a grin.

Wonho his dry lips, the setting sun shone on his sweaty face. Eunmi watched him for a few seconds, admiring his looks. Well, he’s not the school’s heartthrob for nothing. Realizing she was staring, she quickly diverted her gaze to the ground, trying to hide her blushing cheeks.

Falling in love to your best friend is not good, that’s what Eunmi thought.

Regaining his energy, Wonho dashed, catching Eunmi off guard.

“Whoa! Don’t touch me!” she screamed, quickly embraced herself.

“Whoops, sorry,” Wonho quickly stopped himself from colliding to the girl. Eunmi glared at him. “You know I don’t like being touched by a guy,” she huffed.

“That still includes me?” he frowned, feeling a bit disappointed.

She shrugged with a sorry look. “I’m sorry, you’re not my biological family” she apologized, feeling bad for the boy. The boy shrugged, as long as it didn’t include any other guy, he’s fine.

“Oh, I heard you’re going on a blind date?” He suddenly asked. After receiving a surprised look from the girl, he quickly let out an awkward chuckle. “I know it’s ridiculous, Jane just told me this morning”

Eunmi scratched her head. She actually didn’t want her best friend to know about this, it was supposed to be a secret. It was already a year after her crush on Wonho had started, and she felt that it should stop right then.

Jane told her that she should try attends a blind date, and her desperate mind quickly said yes. Yes, she was that desperate to banish her feelings towards her best friend.

“Um..” she glanced at Wonho who gave her an unbelievable look. “You did?” he asked in a disbelief tone. “Wow” he muttered, looking pretty pissed.

“You can’t even stand a touch from another guy, including me, but you try to have a blind date? Do you think it will work?” he asked, his voice was thick with frustration.

“You don’t know the reason behind this,” Eunmi shook her head, trying to stick to her opinion. “Then tell me,” he urged, eyeing the girl.

She felt small under his gaze and quickly cleared . “I won’t tell you,” she declared. His mouth was agape. Since when his best friend has been keeping a secret from him?

“Wonho,” Eunmi approached the shocked boy. When she’s in front of him, she slouched down a bit so she stood at the same eye-level as him. “I’ll be alright. You’ll still be my best friend,” she reassured with a soft smile.

Wonho sighed. Best friend wasn’t something he wants to be with her.

***

Eunmi ran through the street’s crowd while checking her wrist watch every once a while. She was late. She overslept because she kept doubting whether it’s the best idea to forget her feelings.

Her eyes finally caught the café she was supposed to meet her date and quickly halted to a stop. After checking herself on the nearby window, she rushed to the café.

When Wonho heard the café’s door was being opened, his eyes quickly went to the figure that went through it. His eyes widened when he saw her.

She was beautiful with her hair in a braid, her glasses made her looked like an intelligent woman. A beautiful one. Her simple pink shirt and jeans made his heart beats louder even more.

She halted to a stop when she saw him. With mouth agape, she scanned his outfit. He wore a simple T-shirt under his shirt and jeans with a pair of converse. Despite the simplicity, her heart beats even louder.

“Wonho,” she pointed out, still in daze. He cleared his throat and looked down at the table before returning to her. “Eunmi” he greeted.

“You’re my blind date?” she asked while sitting down to the seat across from him. Not even once their eyes remove from each other.

He shrugged, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. “I think so,”

She looked up in disbelief. Her plan was totally ruined. She should be spending time with someone to remove her feelings, but what happened? She just got to made it even deeper!

Now what should she do?

Her head snapped towards him, her eyes sharp. “What are you doing here? You signed up to a blind date too?”

Caught red-handed, he sighed wistfully. “Yeah,” he admitted. She frowned. “Then why did you mad at me when I signed up to one? You didn’t even tell me!” she pouted.

“You don’t know the reason behind this,” he gave her a teasing smile. “You’re using my excuse against me,” she accused, laughing.

“Well, it’s a pretty good excuse,”  he laughed. “What would you like to eat?” he asked, looking through the menu.

His eyes scanned the menu even though he already knew what he will order, it’s just for the sake of trying to hid his nervousness. Even though Eunmi was her best friend, he could never get accustomed to hanging out with her.

It made his heart beats louder each time.

“Good thing it’s you, I can let you pay for the food!” she joked before snatching the menu away from Wonho, which earned a frown from the latter.

“So you see me as a money bag? How kind of you Park Eunmi” he gave her a sharp gaze.

The girl broke into small laughter before scanning the menu with a smile. Wonho smiled and watched her closely with a gaze everyone could decipher. It’s love.


A/N : I'm really sorry it took so long. As an co-author I didn't do my job well, sorry:(